DR Who Season 2

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The second season with Jodie Whittaker started with a two parter Spyfall

This was better than anything in the previous season

Spoilers

Spys around the world are being eliminated and there is a race from another dimension involved. Add a meglamonical human who has a good complex with a big chip on his shoulder.

And to top it off a new version of the Master who is playing everyone. He is much darker and has none of the charm of earlier ones. Though the reason for that is explained.

Whittaker is very good in this but the three companions are still fairly useless.

There is a secondary theme about the truth of what the Time Lords are, which has been left unanswered
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
You do know last season set the bar pretty low even compared to some of the other recent seasons.

There were some reoccurring bits from previous seasons.

- The Time Lords lie about the past to cover up secrets.
- Modern cars are dangerous and aliens like to use them to kill us humans.
- Death traps aren't properly done. Although the one ending the first part was nice, the model plane used in the outside shots has the damage in the wrong place since the bomb explodes in the cockpit which has no damage until the final two views.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
You do know last season set the bar pretty low even compared to some of the other recent seasons.

There were some reoccurring bits from previous seasons.

- The Time Lords lie about the past to cover up secrets.
- Modern cars are dangerous and aliens like to use them to kill us humans.
- Death traps aren't properly done. Although the one ending the first part was nice, the model plane used in the outside shots has the damage in the wrong place since the bomb explodes in the cockpit which has no damage until the final two views.
True although the Calpadli and Eccelston were worse than whittaker's first
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Please use the spoiler button chaps. The more its used, the more its seen, the more its seen the more people are aware of its existence, the more people know about it the more people use it.
(I appreciate you labelled it 'Spoilers')
Its the eye symbol with a line thru it beside the screenplay option above the message box when you post a message.
Many Bothans died to get us the plans for that spoiler button.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
Please use the spoiler button chaps. The more its used, the more its seen, the more its seen the more people are aware of its existence, the more people know about it the more people use it.
(I appreciate you labelled it 'Spoilers')
Its the eye symbol with a line thru it beside the screenplay option above the message box when you post a message.
Many Bothans died to get us the plans for that spoiler button.
Where is the caps?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

New Year's resolution, I wont SHOUT so much. Damn.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dr. Who is getting too much timey-whimey.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Another episode about how we are ruining our environment with plastics after the one with global warming. I'm waiting for the one where meddling Time Lords are the problem.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

After a good start, Chibnal has gone back to what makes us hate the show.

Spoilers

The Judgoon episode and the alternate Doctor made no sense, and the PC of making the other Doctor female and black; why not push it in our faces. And the so called third one female too
Bert

Hahaha! In general I think this level of spoiler protection is overkill, but in this particular instance it's probably just right!
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Well the season is over with the return of some traditional and long running villains. A few questions were answered with plenty more new ones. They sort of answered the question of the other Doctor appearing earlier with neither remembering the other and why we get more than 12 regenerations for the Doctor.
Spoiler
The Doctor's memories have been tampered with from the start and the information was redacted to hide the truth. Also the Doctor's original home is now elsewhere.

Only the Master, who has a long history with the Cybermen, could give them notes on how to take over the universe. All part of his plan to destroy everyone else and still not be satisfied. But he always assumes that he is the smartest one in existence. All that gloating and still so much he left unsaid.
Maybe the Christmas show will be better with us being exterminated.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
Well the season is over with the return of some traditional and long running villains. A few questions were answered with plenty more new ones. They sort of answered the question of the other Doctor appearing earlier with neither remembering the other and why we get more than 12 regenerations for the Doctor.
Spoiler
The Doctor's memories have been tampered with from the start and the information was redacted to hide the truth. Also the Doctor's original home is now elsewhere.

Only the Master, who has a long history with the Cybermen, could give them notes on how to take over the universe. All part of his plan to destroy everyone else and still not be satisfied. But he always assumes that he is the smartest one in existence. All that gloating and still so much he left unsaid.
I have given this Doctor a fair shot. Although she is better than Calpaldi and Eccelston, the chibnal direction just does not work and his lack of respect for contuinety is a problem for me a s along time fan. The companions have not gotten any better.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I admire the lack of self restraint in each new show runner. Everybody given the keys to the Dr Who car feels like they need to immediately reverse over what the last guy did, then drive off in a completely random direction.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
Spoiler

I have given this Doctor a fair shot. Although she is better than Calpaldi and Eccelston, the chibnal direction just does not work and his lack of respect for contuinety is a problem for me a s along time fan. The companions have not gotten any better.
I have given myself enough time to be calm

The problem with Dr Who as with last season is Chris Chibnal

Jodie Whittaker will never be on the level of Tom Baker or David Tennant but she is not the worst Doctor. She has not destroyed the show, the white male bashing has not even destroyed the show

The problem is that Chibnal has decided that he can ignore the whole history of the show. The origin of the Doctor, what Gallifrey was, who were the major players etc.