Stay safe in the Blizzard, my forum compatriots!

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The Beeb just reported a blizzard of possibly historic scale hitting Washington and the North East tonight so I just thought I would wish you all on that side of the pond the best before I turn in, and hope those of you in the affected states stay safe and well.
Stay in doors with a good book or a decent film (so definitely not The Day After Tomorrow!)
:thumbup:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am right in the bullseye of the storm!!! Guess its going to be a "long" weekend....hopefully not to hard on me here. It looks like a very dangerous blizzard coming this way!...hopingbit doesn't snowball into something worse
batgirl_brandy_wayne
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Where I am from, we have 7 inches already and suppose to get 10 or more in the next 24 hours! Due to the mountains and curvy roads of this area, 17 inches is more like 35!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Please stay safe, people and If you get snowed in do some writing :)
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Abductorenmadrid wrote:Please stay safe, people and If you get snowed in do some writing :)

I am missing this storm, but when several hit in Boston last year, that what I did contributed here and literotica.
batmanxxx
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

it's coming in right now 18-24 inches loving it
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

batmanxxx wrote:it's coming in right now 18-24 inches loving it
I hope that's the snow you're talking about! ;)

(Sorry, I had a smutty Benny Hill moment there...) :thumbup:

Be safe! Cold is not a friend to a warm blooded mammal!

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

batgirl1969 wrote:I am right in the bullseye of the storm!!! Guess its going to be a "long" weekend....hopefully not to hard on me here. It looks like a very dangerous blizzard coming this way!...hopingbit doesn't snowball into something worse
Well, if you lose power and your Hitachi dies at least your Rabbit and Dolphin run on batteries Ms B!
:idea: :thumbup:

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
batgirl1969 wrote:I am right in the bullseye of the storm!!! Guess its going to be a "long" weekend....hopefully not to hard on me here. It looks like a very dangerous blizzard coming this way!...hopingbit doesn't snowball into something worse
Well, if you lose power and your Hitachi dies at least your Rabbit and Dolphin run on batteries Ms B!
:idea: :thumbup:
Walked outside to cold hard surprise...the snow hit me in the face..blowing hard...covering my face in its cold white wetness...now i have a long icecicle i brought inside to suck on...like a candy cane or snow cone...my sister said we should snowball....fight!! Did I mention we got 18inches....its deep now!! Its packing real good...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Oh you tease us, but we all know your heart is colder than the snow...lol ;)

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:Oh you tease us, but we all know your heart is colder than the snow...lol ;)
Well...I am afterall Elsa....the Ice Queen!! (At least during con season!)
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
tallyho wrote:Oh you tease us, but we all know your heart is colder than the snow...lol ;)
Well...I am afterall Elsa....the Ice Queen!! (At least during con season!)
Because it's Saturday school is closed anyway, but in the spirit of Frozen, for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjE72Q8s8wo
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

As a life long Alaskan this confuses me.... is it a big deal because you all don't have the infrastructure to take care of that much snow? Or is everyone freaking out just because its snow?
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I live in Northern Virginia. We've gotten clobbered with about 16" and counting. I've shoveled twice and expect to go this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I'll also try out my snow rake for the first time to clear off the roof.

But when I'm inside and resting, I've been attacking a project I've been meaning to get around to: filling in a spreadsheet with links to and times of scenes of superheroine movies I've purchased. It always amazes me that I forget how much I like something, then promptly forget about it. But from a positive standpoint, the same purchase repeatedly surprises and entertains me!