To Sign or Not To Sign

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Neilred
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

hey folks,

I gather that people here have been to a convention or two where a celebrity schmoozes and hawks
their latest project. usually, there is a photo/autograph session. of course, there are those who
do not do autographs. Leonard Nimoy and Wil Shatner come to mind. I was wondering who do you
know of that do not do autographs? this way, any future event I attend and said celebrity is there,
I will know not to ask them. comments?
You really need to have every square inch of
your ass kicked.-- "Dark Willow" to Buffy
(TWO TO GO-Season 6)
Syntaur
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I think any famous person at a convention will sign a autograph... FOR A PRICE!!!

I have heard of autographs at such events signing tables going for up to $50... which includes buying the picture from the celebrity at the table. I have also heard that they frown on and forbid taking pictures or videos of the celebs at such events.
I think this all came about when people asked celebrities for their autographs... then turned around and sold them on eBay for $$$... And hearing this the celebrities wanted to cash in the the deal too...

I have gotten some autographes for celebrities though for free... if you meet them on the street... ect... if you ask them start their autograph with... "TO SYNTAUR...(or whatever your name is:):)) That way they know you are a fan... and not just out to make a turnaround buck...