Least favorite heroines / villainesses?

General discussions about superheroines!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just curious... who are your least favorite, least sexy, or just plain least interesting characters.

For me, I have a pet peeve about Poison Ivy. I just never found her that interesting as a character. Maybe it's just because the whole mind-control thing doesn't thrill me.

And, for me, there's just no way to have a costume with leaves on it that don't detract from the look.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

I think Supergirl and Wonder Woman are overdone. There, I said it.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Rye's videos of Supergirl 1984 and stuff but I much more prefer original heroines like Skyfire, the girls from Next Global Crisis or Heroine Legends.

Or other heroines which we don't see that much. Batwoman, Black Cat, Dagger or whatever. But when I see a new WW or SG video I'm always a bit like come on guys, again? It can still be a great video, but I enjoy creativeness from producers.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

I used to have a fascination with Supergirl, but I've long lost it by now. Skirts just do not appeal to me anymore.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Blx wrote:I think Supergirl and Wonder Woman are overdone. There, I said it.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Rye's videos of Supergirl 1984 and stuff but I much more prefer original heroines like Skyfire, the girls from Next Global Crisis or Heroine Legends.

Or other heroines which we don't see that much. Batwoman, Black Cat, Dagger or whatever. But when I see a new WW or SG video I'm always a bit like come on guys, again? It can still be a great video, but I enjoy creativeness from producers.
I totally agree. I guess they do this because it's
a) It's very easy to get a good WW costume
b) The character is so popular

But you are right, the market is really over-saturated with these characters.
I, too, much prefer original characters to existing ones.

Having said that, I'm a huge Batgirl fan and I honestly don't think there is enough good Batgirl content out there. Oh, sure, there are a ton of Batgirl videos but most of them have horrible costumes. The best ones out there are the Christina Carter ones. :)
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I totally agree. I guess they do this because it's
a) It's very easy to get a good WW costume
b) The character is so popular
I see where you're coming from, but I take a dimmer view. I think some producers are too lazy and to invent characters. I really don't see what's so hard about buying a leotard and tights from American Apparel and adding accessories (boots, belts, gloves, a cape).

I understand the possibility of failure is lower with Supergirl or Wonder Woman. But given the ocean on material already out there, the chance of real success is also lower. If they trust their work, they should do what they can to stand out.

I'm with TIE about Ivy. Uma Thurman made her look great. But that was from a movie with a $100M budget. And even they couldn't make her interesting.

I've always his this problem with Invisible Girl, played by the yummy Jessica Alba in the movies. She should be hot. Therefore she should always be visible.