GODZILLA MINUS ONE

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So gonna see this!!!!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ah, did catch trailers for this several weeks ago ... please let us know how it looks when you get to it!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The FX are obviously a 'little' weak for what we 'mericans' probably expect in a modern giant monster film.................. but honestly, after watching the bland 'dust'-fests that have been basically ALL the american made godzilla films... I'll take a film with something to SAY and 'acceptable' fx over a super realistic shit post 'Godzilla vs Kong' any day of the week. Minus one knows what a giant monster film is SUPPOSED to be about. Massive devestation and the human cost of that, vs just forcing the audience to squint through the haze of brown for a glimpse at two monsters having a meaninglkess WWE match.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm a big G fan. This is a meaner, constantly in pain Godzilla. Not going to be pretty. That supposedly all burnt flesh.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm looking forward to this, partly because massive lizard (obviously) but also because I want to see what the writer/director are trying to say with setting it so close to the end of WW2. Changes the narrative slightly from, "Oh no, the giant lizard is destroying the city" to "Well it's still not as bad as The Rape of Nanking what are you crying about?"