New Heroes Database

shevek
Producer
Producer

Just wanted to draw everyone's attention to a very interesting resource.
You know how there is Comicvine (there also used to be Comicbookdb, but it was bought out and crushed by Comicvine)
which catalogs every character in a published comic?
Well, it doesn't catalog all the comics - mainly just the ones that are widely distributed in stores.

There are many small indie comics whose character aren't on Comicvine.
This is where the New Heroes Database comes in.
It's administered by a gentleman named Lawrenz Lano, aka Avatar Prime.
He has his own comic book company called New Heroes Comics.

But he has invited anyone who has a published indie comic to contribute their characters to the New Heroes Database, and it looks like there are now a few hundred of them on there, and there are quite a few which are sexy superheroines.

So, the only qualification is that your character has been published in a comic that is available (either through your website, or at Comicons, or from some stores, or in our case, all three).

Be aware: when you fill out the submission form, you will asked lots of questions about your character's origins and ability levels, and Avatar Prime may contact you to answer any questions he has, before he puts up the listing. But he always does. This just shows how much careful attention he pays to the site. The ratings on all of their powers and abilities allows people to theoretically use them in some kind of RPG game if you like.

So far, we have four Heroineburgh character up on the site (Poderosa, Vendetta, Arogya and Arctica) and I'm going to eventually submit them all.
You are welcome to do so as well, if you have comics available and can't get your characters on Comicvine.

Just go to the site, fill out the form, and you'll probably be talking with Avatar Prime soon.

https://www.newheroesdatabase.com/

Here's an example of how a listing looks when it's done:
arctica new heroes database.jpg
arctica new heroes database.jpg (172.23 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Continuing to add heroines to the New Heroes Database, and now we've added our first villainess: Sintilla.

https://www.newheroesdatabase.com/sintilla.php

So apparently, the origin and backstory I wrote for Sintilla was re-edited and slightly re-written by Mr Avatar Prime himself.
At first, I thought "uh-oh, what is this guy doing?" but then I read the description and it was even better than what I'd written.
He added wording and touches here and there which made it more exciting to read.
And to be perfectly frank, he made it sexier! He even re-spelled "outmaneuver" as "outmanoeuvre".
Three cheers for Avatar Prime.

Take a look at the database if you have time. Lots of gorgeous heroines in tight spandex there, from the indie comics world.
Might give you an idea for a custom, a comic or a roleplay scenario!

Oh, and if you have a live-action version of your character - as we, of course, do for all of them - he'll add that on your character page, too.
Submit your characters if you have a published comic!
sintilla new heroes database.jpg
sintilla new heroes database.jpg (180.89 KiB) Viewed 882 times
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

Good find, Shevek.

I like Hyper Girl, but I haven’t found any comics with her. Looks like the only source linked is the artist’s Deviant Art page. Hopefully she’ll get some comics soon.

https://www.newheroesdatabase.com/hyper-girl.php
shevek
Producer
Producer

New round of characters being added to the New Heroes Database.
https://newheroesdatabase.com/

Again, if you have a published character, feel free to submit it to Avatar Prime (Lawrenz Lano) and he'll put it up.
There are a bunch of new characters up there from various comic creators.

It's just like the Who's Who of DC or the Handbook of Marvel, but created entirely by us. You can even include a live-action photo!

From a while back, here's the entry for Poderosa, one of the most powerful heroines in the Heroineburgh Universe!
poderosa database entry.jpg
poderosa database entry.jpg (157.49 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Then we submitted Chlorina, the mistress of toxins, as another supervillainess for the database.
chlorina database entry.jpg
chlorina database entry.jpg (160.46 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Today the database published Jinniyya, the beautiful Arabic superwoman with the power of the wind! More to come soon.
jinniyya database entry.jpg
jinniyya database entry.jpg (164.09 KiB) Viewed 331 times