Mutant Ghost War Girl (2022, China)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Stumbled across a trailer for this by accident.

It's a Chinese superheroine movie released March 2022.

Here's the synposis on IMDB, which doesn't have much information otherwise:

"In the future world, technology is advancing by leaps and bounds. A mysterious organization has emerged in the world, specializing in organizing underground "competition" for the rich - the Battle of Tomorrow. In time, mutants spread like a drug around the world, and mutant crime has also intensified. In order to combat mutant crime, the International Security Task Force was established by the relevant governments. Since then, the good and evil mutant war, officially opened the prelude."

The actresses are beautiful and there's at least one in a tight costume (the white-haired villainess).
Seems like there's elements of X-Men, The Matrix, Crouching Tiger, and maybe Alien.
From what I can glean, there are peril elements and possibly even involving tentacles (of the creature shown).

I found it on the "Chinese Youtube" site (where I'd been watching Darna for the past year) but I'm apparently blocked in my country
from watching it (according to the message on that site).

Not sure if it's available anywhere else, but maybe some Asian folks (or perhaps our friend Red5) on the Forum can point to a source, if only privately.

Has anyone else seen this movie yet?
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yes, it's the typical fast-paced action-packed from the east ... ton of VFX, it's good, maybe not really my cup of tea, but ok.
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Seems in continental Europe it will be available from Amazon beginning June, 23rd. I will keep it in mind.
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Stumbled across a trailer for this by accident.

It's a Chinese superheroine movie released March 2022.

Here's the synposis on IMDB, which doesn't have much information otherwise:

"In the future world, technology is advancing by leaps and bounds. A mysterious organization has emerged in the world, specializing in organizing underground "competition" for the rich - the Battle of Tomorrow. In time, mutants spread like a drug around the world, and mutant crime has also intensified. In order to combat mutant crime, the International Security Task Force was established by the relevant governments. Since then, the good and evil mutant war, officially opened the prelude."

The actresses are beautiful and there's at least one in a tight costume (the white-haired villainess).
Seems like there's elements of X-Men, The Matrix, Crouching Tiger, and maybe Alien.
From what I can glean, there are peril elements and possibly even involving tentacles (of the creature shown).

I found it on the "Chinese Youtube" site (where I'd been watching Darna for the past year) but I'm apparently blocked in my country
from watching it (according to the message on that site).

Not sure if it's available anywhere else, but maybe some Asian folks (or perhaps our friend Red5) on the Forum can point to a source, if only privately.

Has anyone else seen this movie yet?
Dude, Thanks for the indirect invitation. :D
I have search it in Chinese internet, the name of the film is"变种人:幽灵战姬". Here is the link for full-length movie, but a membership in Tencent movie is required.
https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc002007b9nla ... lffgb.html
Here is a short version on Bilibili:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1v14y187fw
This film is basically a Chinese version of B movie, in China we call this type of films as "internet film" because they could only be accessed through streaming media like Tencent, Iqiyi, Youku... Movie theatre would not accept them due to the low quality. So don't expect too much on this film. :cap:
Feel free to ask me if you have any question in Chinese superheroine movie.
shevek
Producer
Producer

DENNISLAID wrote:
10 months ago

This film is basically a Chinese version of B movie

Feel free to ask me if you have any question in Chinese superheroine movie.
Sure - if there are any good ones recently (for example, anything in the vein of a Sri Asih, especially with tight costumes)
feel free to make a thread about in this subforum
or post about them in Red5's ongoing thread about heroine content from Thai and elsewhere.

Looks pretty damn good for a B movie.
Always enjoying the inspiration.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Looks like a lot of trashy action fun..