What's with "you cannot make a post so soon after your last"?

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
shevek
Producer
Producer

What's with "you cannot make a post so soon after your last"?

I've never seen that before. I can understand that it exists to prevent someone from bombarding the forum.

But I never knew there was a time limit before. I just made a reply post, and then about ten minutes later I tried to start an entirely
new thread in another subforum - the two posts weren't even remotely related.

When trying to create the new thread, about an entirely different topic, I got the prompt: "you cannot make a post so soon after your last".

[And...the forum let me post here, but it wouldn't let me post in the other subforum.]

Any idea why that happened?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I wasn't aware of it either I will 'report' your post just as a quick way of flagging this up to MH.

IF YOU GET ANY WARNING MESSAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS BEING REPORTED DONT WORRY ABOUT IT (not sure if that happens or not)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I used to see this a while ago but then it went away.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah that's a weird warning that would pop up randomly when I would test the board sometimes. I am not really sure what triggers it, I'll have to look into it and see.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Might have happened when daylight savings changed. Clocks got messed up.