Super Klenk

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

See... it isn't a hoax... the show did exist..! :laugh:

Blog: Super Klenk: Is this the rarest superhero tv show ever?.

sk001.jpg
sk001.jpg (78.33 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
sk002.jpg
sk002.jpg (95.96 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
sk003.jpg
sk003.jpg (92.27 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
sk004.jpg
sk004.jpg (93.52 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
sk005.jpg
sk005.jpg (94.69 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
R5
Last edited by five_red 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Where did you find this?
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
Where did you find this?
Someone sent an anonymous AMA to my Tumblr blog with the link. Don't know who it was, but I'm grateful.

R5
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Thanks! This is a great find. I never got to watch full episodes, but from the few scenes I saw earlier in the run, I remember there was a scene when she was not yet aware of her invulnerability, so she actually raised her hands when goons pointer their guns at her, but she was shot anyway, and was surprised that the bullets do not affect her. Another scene had her pretending to surrender to a super villainess, where she had to kneel down in front of the villain (the exact details elude me).

Probably even rarer is Lorna Tolentino's Darna back in the 70's. This was supposed to be a weekly show but was unceremoniously cancelled after just 2 episodes. There's also (Darna clone) Zarda, Super Filipina which lasted longer, but I doubt if there's any existing copy of the show anywhere.

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks! This is a great find. I never got to watch full episodes, but from the few scenes I saw earlier in the run, I remember there was a scene when she was not yet aware of her invulnerability, so she actually raised her hands when goons pointer their guns at her, but she was shot anyway, and was surprised that the bullets do not affect her. Another scene had her pretending to surrender to a super villainess, where she had to kneel down in front of the villain (the exact details elude me).
Aside from the peril, what else can you remember about the show? I know it was a comedy type series -- was it one of those studio audience / laugh track type affairs? Also, she's spinning around at the start of the promo, so is this another Wonder Woman twirling transformation?

R5
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

five_red wrote:
1 year ago
brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
Aside from the peril, what else can you remember about the show? I know it was a comedy type series -- was it one of those studio audience / laugh track type affairs? Also, she's spinning around at the start of the promo, so is this another Wonder Woman twirling transformation?

R5
I don't remember much. Like I said, I only caught a few scenes and not exactly whole episodes. My impression from what I saw was that it was like "The Greatest American Hero" where she was still in the process of finding out her powers, but for all I know, that was just for the first few episodes. I can't remember much about the transformation, too, though generally, superhero shows in the Philippines seem to follow the Darna/Shazam type of transformation of using a magic word, so I wouldn't be surprised if this followed the same formula.

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Btw, I was digging up some further details on this show for a possible blog post and was looking back over some of the contemporary forum posts from when it aired thanks to archive.org.

For those folks here for whom this idea floats their boat: apparently over the course of the 13 episodes, Super Klenk gets knocked out by her opponents. Based on the comments, it seems like it happened more than once. The show was a light-hearted comedy, but it seems like there was some serious action sequences in there too.

R5
Fantasizer2021
Neophyte
Neophyte

five_red wrote:
1 year ago
Btw, I was digging up some further details on this show for a possible blog post and was looking back over some of the contemporary forum posts from when it aired thanks to archive.org.

For those folks here for whom this idea floats their boat: apparently over the course of the 13 episodes, Super Klenk gets knocked out by her opponents. Based on the comments, it seems like it happened more than once. The show was a light-hearted comedy, but it seems like there was some serious action sequences in there too.

R5
That sounds very promising! Would love to see some of those episodes. Great costume!

I just found this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/539693032712166
And some pics on Instagram

Please post back if anyone gets a breakthrough...