Clerks 3 (2022)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Just checked this one out, because I saw it was running at a local movie theater.

Gotta say, I am generally not a big fan of the View Askewniverse, except Dogma (because it was filmed in Pittsburgh) and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (mostly for that amazing heist scene with the girls in the tight catsuits). Jay and Silent Bob's Cartoon Movie also had a few decent moments such as Eliza Dushku as the superheroine Lipstick Lesbian.

I also wasn't too big a fan of what Kevin Smith did with the recent He-Man reboot, where He-Man was killed in the opening episode, didn't return
until the final episode, and most of the rest of it was the Teela and Skeletor show.

Anyway...this third and final entry isn't a raunchy stoner comedy like the first two editions. It's more like an emotional tear-jerker about middle-aged men who have heart attacks (like Kevin Smith did, in 2018). But it's still set in the same convenience store.

Superhero-wise, it's notable for having cameos from Sarah Michelle Gellar, Melissa Benoist, Danny Trejo, and (of course) Ben Affleck. All of whom
show up to audition for the movie-with-a-movie which is being made by the two central characters.

Return to the Quick Stop, if that's your thing.
Sarah Michelle Gellar's cameo in Clerks 3.jpg
Sarah Michelle Gellar's cameo in Clerks 3.jpg (46.15 KiB) Viewed 526 times
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I really enjoyed it myself. I love the original Clerks as well as most of Kevin Smith’s comedies. Clerks 3 was a very sentimental movie and it was a good way of tying everything together.

I met Brian O’Halloran (Dante) and Jeff Anderson (Randall) at Fan Expo Boston this summer. They’re great guys.

It just blows my mind that the original came out almost 30 years ago. It doesn’t feel like that long.