"One Hit Wonders" story concept

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I posted a story today in the dungeon section called Supergirl: Undercover Fiasco. The reason I bring this up in a separate thread is that I wasn't seeing that as a long story. As a matter of fact, I was only planning a couple of chapters at most. The fact is, I have a file filled with a huge number of Supergirl take-downs (and a few Wonder Woman as well) with no fully plotted stories behind them. My mind comes up with these quick hit concepts and so I may begin a separate series of what I'll call "One Hit Wonders" which will simply feature the take-downs of the heroine with no follow-up at all. What do people think of that idea? Of course, if other writers feel like they want to add on to the One Hit Wonder scenario that I start, they're welcome to add a chapter of their own. Sort of a round robin concept of writing like we are doing with the Amazos series (except with a lot more sexual peril than that one. ;) ) Let me hear back from newbie authors, established hands and any other visitors to this site that have an opinion.

What do people think? Are quick take downs enough as a concept series or do you require full follow-throughs?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What about throwing out some one-hit wonder ideas as a way to have writers collaborate and integrate each other's ideas into their respective plots? I'm sort of doing the opposite in that I'm trying a little world-building using the Batgirl universe and extending a story in the same manner a comic book series does. In doing so, any and all ideas and inspirations are welcome. That said, I don't want to steal anyone else's ideas so I understand if you would rather not have those one-hit wonders used in a different story.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

For my own part, I'd rather not circulate my one-hit-wonder concept before posting it. After posting, it's open season for others to take that scenario where they want, always with the option for me to jump back in and add to it. I've had success doing alternate chapter postings with one other collaborator so that's no problem at all, if there's one or more other authors in the mix.

Or course if someone PM's me with a one-hit-wonder concept of their own and wants to collaborate, I will consider that in PM sessions.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Sounds like fun!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote:
1 year ago
I posted a story today in the dungeon section called Supergirl: Undercover Fiasco. The reason I bring this up in a separate thread is that I wasn't seeing that as a long story. As a matter of fact, I was only planning a couple of chapters at most. The fact is, I have a file filled with a huge number of Supergirl take-downs (and a few Wonder Woman as well) with no fully plotted stories behind them. My mind comes up with these quick hit concepts and so I may begin a separate series of what I'll call "One Hit Wonders" which will simply feature the take-downs of the heroine with no follow-up at all. What do people think of that idea? Of course, if other writers feel like they want to add on to the One Hit Wonder scenario that I start, they're welcome to add a chapter of their own. Sort of a round robin concept of writing like we are doing with the Amazos series (except with a lot more sexual peril than that one. ;) ) Let me hear back from newbie authors, established hands and any other visitors to this site that have an opinion.

What do people think? Are quick take downs enough as a concept series or do you require full follow-throughs?
I think it's a formula you should at least try. While there is a sense of achievement putting together a properly plotted out story with twists, turns and big reveals there is something to be said for quick slices of story where you can allude to the state of play and let the reader imagine how you got to the scene you are presenting. One of my fave's I did like that was with the image of Morgan Edge spanking Kara Danvers at the window. No one needed the scene to go on ... that little moment of Kara powerless to resist Edge as Roulette watched was enough.

Have fun! You've earned it!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!