When Carol Danvers was kidnapped by the Shocker

General discussions about superheroines!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Early on in the 2009 game Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, you are sent on a mission to find Carol Danvers (who at the time was still Ms Marvel), who dropped out of contact while investigating a villains base. Iron Man notably states that "Carol can definitely take care of herself", but the heroes still need to check on things. They find Carol Danvers, the woman who would soon be known as earths mightiest hero, a captive of the Shocker, one of marvels biggest laughingstock villains. Before him and Ms Marvel notice the players heroes, Shocker says to her "How much more of this you think you can take "hero"? Where are the others?". This line tells us two things: Shocker has been torturing Ms Marvel for information, and judging by his mocking tone when he calls her a hero, he clearly is unimpressed by her. Grunting somewhat and clearly in pain, Carol notices the heroes and states that they are right behind Shocker, who is initially disbelieving but then realizes he's screwed. The heroes kick his ass, he runs off, and they save Ms Marvel (though if the player dilly dallies doing that last part, Carol will ask "you gonna let me down or what?!")

This is a short scene that doesn't really show a lot, but it's still great. Keep in mind that Ms Marvel joins the party after this, and she was a party member in the first game as well. A lot of characters are playable only in one game, and she is unlocked early in both. She's one of the two games main protagonists basically. She has all sorts of cocky lines in battle after this point ("next time don't pick a fight with a girl!" for instance). I believe at the time this game came out she was the leader of the avengers, and she had her own solo series. You could have had her be the one to save the world in the last game. All this and yet her introduction in this game has her being a damsel in distress for the other heroes to save from the shocker. The game even goes out of it's way to make it clear that Shocker was the one who kidnapped her. There were a bunch of villains at the base. They could have said she went down to a team of them and they just had Shocker interrogate her, which would be respectable. But no, in a later conversation Carol explains exactly what happened: Shocker hit her from behind while she had her guard down (in an enemy base). One hit from him knocked her unconscious (nice endurance). He carried her unconscious body and imprisoned her while she was out. She didn't lose in a straight up fight, but it was still Shocker and Shocker alone who got the best of her. Pretty embarrassing.

I've included a video with the scene. Note that in the video one of the heroes who comes to save her IS her. That's just new game plus shenanigans, she didn't have a clone that played a part or anything lol. In reality she just watches helplessly as the heroes fight shocker to save her.

Attachments
1.png
1.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 878 times
2.png
2.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 878 times
3.png
3.png (2.59 MiB) Viewed 878 times
4.png
4.png (2.28 MiB) Viewed 878 times
5.png
5.png (2.47 MiB) Viewed 878 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Nice kink. Too bad its low poly.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Nice kink. Too bad its low poly.
It's very much the situation I enjoy. The game is over a decade old lol
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Reminds me of City of Heroes level of poly count. At least there was some fun stuff in the 2009s.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I, err, I misunderstood your shocker reference

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shocker