b

General discussions about superheroines!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

b
Last edited by KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

b
Last edited by KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD wrote:
1 year ago
So the general consensus pick for the best Wonder Woman peril seems to be from the Fausta Episode, and I get that, its great. But my personal favorite, by far, is the scene from the Starships are Coming. Allow me to explain

1. The Peril is as dire as possible. Wonder Woman is tied to up and left with a ticking time bomb. In a lot of the peril scenes in the series the villains were content to just tie Wonder Woman up and leave her be. This time, she is in a truly deadly situation

2. How late in the series it takes place. This episode takes place late in the third season, near the very end of the series. By this point Wonder Woman is in universe living legend. A seemingly immortal Woman who saved the world from the Nazis, left for decades, and then returned and continued to fight evil and save the world on a near daily basis is the one who is a damsel in distress. By contrast, the Fausta episode is the second episode of the series. Wonder Woman is a total newbie at that point. I realize that that might be part of the appeal for some people, but for me it's seeing the Legendary Super heroine being made into a mere damsel in distress that really does it.

3. The fact that she needs to be saved. In a lot of the series peril scenes Wonder Woman manages to save herself ultimately. The fausta episode teases the idea of Steve coming to save her but she ends up having to save him instead, as per usual. In the starships are coming a completely random, average, and goofy guy shows up, she has to cry out for him to save her, he has to risk his life to try and save her, and he does ultimately manage to save her life with seconds to spare. and he frees her for good measure. At no other point in the series is Wonder Woman damseled nearly as hard. Even in other scenes where she is saved, she was still an active participant. In the man who could not die for example she frees herself from bondage, but passes out so the Invincible Man has to save her at the end. Here she just sits totally helplessly.

4. Lynda Carters acting. Wonder Woman looks absolutely terrified in this scene. In a couple of shots I've seen people say she looks close to crying. Wonder Woman, THE SUPERHEROINE, looks less like an Amazonian warrior goddess and more like a 1940s damsel on the train tracks. Her relief upon Henry saving her is also terrific. She's so much more composed in every other peril scene. That's not an insult to Carter, she does still show subtle emotion really well in those scenes, but It seems to me almost like she was asked to play up the damsel bit here, and man does she deliver

The Elephant in the room: She's not in the Wonder Woman Costume in this scene. She's just Diana Prince here, not Wonder Woman, so it can't be as good. And while the scene would be literally perfect if she was in the costume, I still think it's great. For one she was going to transform into Wonder Woman and just bust heads. She was starting to spin when something happened that distracted her long enough for her to be caught. She made an amateurish mistake as a superhero letting her guard down, which is why she got captured. For me, that makes it still feel like true super heroine peril. Also, from a purely visual perspective, Lynda Carter is still drop dead gorgeous, Wonder Woman outfit or no. And while she's not in costume, she's still that character. She knows she's THE Wonder Woman, in this universe inarguably the worlds greatest hero, she knows she made a dumb mistake letting herself get distracted outside the enemy's warehouse, and unless this random guy can get his shit together and save her life, she knows that she is going to die the death of a damsel in distress, and there is nothing she can do to stop it, and she is absolutely terrified

Not sure if anyone else ever thought of the scene this way, but yeah, I think it's amazing. For people who haven't seen it, it's on YouTube in basically its entirety (though this video doesn't have her actually being captured, it itself isn't to noteworthy aside from what I mentioned about her messing up. She just gets held at gunpoint by the goons.) I'll put a link to it at the bottom of the post. But yeah, what do you guys think of this scene? Is there another peril you really love from the series? Theirs actually another scene from the series that I find pretty underrated which i'm itching to talk about but this post has gone on for way to long as it is.

:lynda1:
Part of the Fausta appeal is that is the closest the show ever comes to the Golden Age Wonder Woman with the bondage and her under control of the lasso
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Your right, and I totally get that. And it is a great peril. This post was more meant to talk about how great this scene is, not insult Fausta. I just felt like comparing them a little to highlight what I love so much about starships
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Matter of opinion, but mine would have to be the minefield scene in the Man Who Could Move the World

I just love the look of concern on her face when her body was under the control of Ishida. And WW in full costume was really in peril. Kind of a cop out though that the machine had to breakdown at the last second, but WW had to prevail after all...

Fausta probably had the best KO and capture scenes in the whole series run, but not exactly peril in the manner of death traps.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

That’s another good one definitely, very much a case of Wonder Woman being endangered on the Job. One kinda similar to that I feel tends to fly under the radar is from “mindsteelers from outer space”, but probably not the scene your thinking of. Part of the way through the episode Wonder Woman fights a couple of the skrill, and they kinda dominate her. She gets blasted, she has to protect some unconscious guy and leaves herself vulnerable doing so, and Andros basically saves her, as the aliens were about to shoot her again when he intervened, and the first blast visibly hurt her. It makes the more famous peril scene from later in the episode even better, as Andros really saves her for a second time. I’ll send a couple videos of it. One has the whole sequence but it’s in Spanish, the other cuts out part of it but it’s in English and higher quality. Plus you get to her Wonder Woman remark how excellent Andros timing was, emphasizing how she really needed his help

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Sorry, posted that like 3 times by accident lol
TroyKimmel03
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
Matter of opinion, but mine would have to be the minefield scene in the Man Who Could Move the World

I just love the look of concern on her face when her body was under the control of Ishida. And WW in full costume was really in peril. Kind of a cop out though that the machine had to breakdown at the last second, but WW had to prevail after all...

Fausta probably had the best KO and capture scenes in the whole series run, but not exactly peril in the manner of death traps.
I don’t mean to take away from this thread, but Lynda Carter had a great and underrated ass.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

TroyKimmel03 wrote:
1 year ago
brdiy wrote:
1 year ago

I don’t mean to take away from this thread, but Lynda Carter had a great and underrated ass.
Your good lol
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Found a video in English with the mindsteelers peril in full.

tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

I agree!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

tmon wrote:
1 year ago
I agree!

It”s just ridiculous how perfect it is. It’s like the writers were going out of there way to make a traditional Damsel in Distress scene (gagged, muffled cries for help, a ticking time bomb, the damsel being 100% helpless and entirely dependent on a man to save her, and said man having to bravely risk his own life to do so ), only they did it to WONDER WOMAN. So good. I have some still images from the scene. Wonder Woman looks horrified! I also included one of her briefly closing her eyes after Henry defuses the bomb. She looks extremely relived and vulnerable.
Attachments
2022-06-08_236.png
2022-06-08_236.png (2.39 MiB) Viewed 3377 times
2022-06-08_348.png
2022-06-08_348.png (2.29 MiB) Viewed 3377 times
2022-06-08_476.png
2022-06-08_476.png (2.07 MiB) Viewed 3377 times
2022-06-08_513.png
2022-06-08_513.png (2.03 MiB) Viewed 3377 times
luther
Henchman
Henchman

Those scenes in seasons two and three were good, but for peril, LC in the WW costume is everything for me! I thought the Murderous Missile was by far the best for those two seasons. Showing her tied up, spread eagle and Ko'd in the jail cell was awesome. Season One was ten times better in terms of WW in actual peril and getting Ko'd. Plus they showed the complete KO's of her, not the BS that so many modern shows/movies where only a small piece of the heroines ko's is shown.

The WW episode that doesn't get a lot of love or accolades is the Formula 407 episode. Great chloroform scene from start to finish and her unconscious and waking up in the wine cellar is fabulous. I always fantasized Major Trevor picking up her helpless body and carrying her to the cellar. Plus she didn't wake up until the next morning .... Oh to be Steve Trevor having her Ko'd all night and to do anything he wanted to her would be a dream come true ...

My 2 cents worth. Luther
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

While I respect your opinion on your favorite scene, the point of superheroines in peril is a "superheroine" in peril. When she's Diana, she's just another woman, you could sub her out for any other woman. If you like women in peril in general, then that's great. But this is superheroine peril. That's where the second and third season went wrong for me. It was Diana in peril and WW to clean things up. I know there are a couple of scenes from those seasons that feature WW in peril, Murderous Missile comes to mind, but nothing like the first season. I just can't watch those seasons.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

drh1966 wrote:
1 year ago
While I respect your opinion on your favorite scene, the point of superheroines in peril is a "superheroine" in peril. When she's Diana, she's just another woman, you could sub her out for any other woman. If you like women in peril in general, then that's great. But this is superheroine peril. That's where the second and third season went wrong for me. It was Diana in peril and WW shows up to clean things up. I know there are a couple of scenes from those seasons that feature WW in peril, Murderous Missile comes to mind, but nothing like the first season. I just can't watch those seasons.
I get where your coming from. As I mentioned for me the fact that she is still Wonder Woman, she knows that she is Wonder Woman, she knows that she has saves the world countless times, and she knows that she has been reduced to a damsel in distress is why this, to me, this still has the feel of super heroine peril (If it was a just a random woman the scene would do nothing for me, even if she was still played by Lynda Carter.) But I totally do get why it isn't the same for you, and absolutely respect that. I would love the scene even more if she was in the outfit. I love murderous missile too, though the fact that Wonder Woman is able to save herself limits it for me personally (the heroine needing to be rescued is big for me. It's why my favorite peril from season one is actually bushwhackers). A part of me also wishes season 2 and 3 had a lot more Peril with her as Wonder Woman, though at the same time I get that from a writing perspective having your inspirational feminist superhero getting captured every other episode is questionable. Oh and don't worry about the double post, I did that earlier to lol

:ww1:
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

drh1966 wrote:
1 year ago
While I respect your opinion on your favorite scene, the point of superheroines in peril is a "superheroine" in peril. When she's Diana, she's just another woman, you could sub her out for any other woman. If you like women in peril in general, then that's great. But this is superheroine peril. That's where the second and third season went wrong for me. It was Diana in peril and WW shows up to clean things up. I know there are a couple of scenes from those seasons that feature WW in peril, Murderous Missile comes to mind, but nothing like the first season. I just can't watch those seasons.
Superheroine peril is such a diverse genre. One of the subgenres connected with SHIP that I particularly see in vogue, particularly in SHIP stories to a degree, (many great ones on this website) is a SHIP being caught in her civilian disguise and unable to transform into her superheroine identity. There are some great and compelling stories on here about Diana Prince, Barbara Gordon, and others unable for one reason or another to transform. I can't speak for everybody on here that derives great joy from that secret identity in peril aspect, but for me, I greatly enjoy a civilian with average and normal abilities attempting to defend themselves against a villain in their secret identity unable to transform into their superheroine persona, I love that struggle and angst, that "if only I could break free and transform into my superheroine persona, I could defeat this villain". I love that aspect and conflict. It is enough for me in this SHIP genre just to know if our heroine could transform into our superheroine if she had the agency to do so. What SHIP means to folks varies depending upon one's particular interest in the genre. Diana Prince in peril is covered under that SHIP umbrella for me.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

bushwackerbob wrote:
1 year ago
drh1966 wrote:
1 year ago
Superheroine peril is such a diverse genre. One of the subgenres connected with SHIP that I particularly see in vogue, particularly in SHIP stories to a degree, (many great ones on this website) is a SHIP being caught in her civilian disguise and unable to transform into her superheroine identity. There are some great and compelling stories on here about Diana Prince, Barbara Gordon, and others unable for one reason or another to transform. I can't speak for everybody on here that derives great joy from that secret identity in peril aspect, but for me, I greatly enjoy a civilian with average and normal abilities attempting to defend themselves against a villain in their secret identity unable to transform into their superheroine persona, I love that struggle and angst, that "if only I could break free and transform into my superheroine persona, I could defeat this villain". I love that aspect and conflict. It is enough for me in this SHIP genre just to know if our heroine could transform into our superheroine if she had the agency to do so. What SHIP means to folks varies depending upon one's particular interest in the genre. Diana Prince in peril is covered under that SHIP umbrella for me.
Thats a neat way of thinking of it. Also I mentioned this briefly in the intro to the thread but part of what I love about the scene is the fact that she kinda messes up as Wonder Woman, and that is what gets her captured in the first place (I'll post a video that includes it, though be warned its in spanish lol). She was going to go inside the warehouse as Wonder Woman and just kick all there asses. Just as she starts to spin to change however, Henry, the man who eventually saves her, comes flying out the window of the place (He'd been a prisoner himself). This distracts Diana, completely throwing off her Wonder Woman Spin. The thing is, she appeared to have enough time to spin without Henry actually seeing her as Diana. She had already started spinning when he busted out the window, and obviously her change into Wonder Woman takes like a second or two. If she just stayed focused on transforming than she would have been fine, both able to take care of the baddies and still keeping her identity a secret. However, she foolishly lets her guard down in enemy territory instead, well into her superheroine career, and she pays for it, as while she is mindlessly staring at Henry running off she is found by the villain's and captured. It was really Wonder Woman's dumb mistake, not Diana Princes, that got her into this mess. That's another reason why it still feels like superheroine peril to me

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Gents do you not have the option of deleting your duplicate posts? I have removed them now but if you click the three dors in the top right you should get options for editing or deleting your post alongside quoting or thanking someone

It might be different for me as a mod but thought you all had something similar
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
Gents do you not have the option of deleting your duplicate posts? I have removed them now but if you click the three dors in the top right you should get options for editing or deleting your post alongside quoting or thanking someone

It might be different for me as a mod but thought you all had sonething similar
If we do i'm not seeing it, but also I'm an idiot so hard to say
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago

It might be different for me as a mod but thought you all had sonething similar
I don't see it either at where you described.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Im on my phone but this is what I see
Screenshot_20220610-232002.png
Screenshot_20220610-232002.png (247.93 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
Thats a screenshot of my view.
The X is the delete

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I can see 'warn' which is obviously a moderator option so perhaps the delete is for mods too. But it seems silly you cant delete your own posts

RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

luther wrote:
1 year ago
Those scenes in seasons two and three were good, but for peril, LC in the WW costume is everything for me! I thought the Murderous Missile was by far the best for those two seasons. Showing her tied up, spread eagle and Ko'd in the jail cell was awesome. Season One was ten times better in terms of WW in actual peril and getting Ko'd. Plus they showed the complete KO's of her, not the BS that so many modern shows/movies where only a small piece of the heroines ko's is shown.

The WW episode that doesn't get a lot of love or accolades is the Formula 407 episode. Great chloroform scene from start to finish and her unconscious and waking up in the wine cellar is fabulous. I always fantasized Major Trevor picking up her helpless body and carrying her to the cellar. Plus she didn't wake up until the next morning .... Oh to be Steve Trevor having her Ko'd all night and to do anything he wanted to her would be a dream come true ...

My 2 cents worth. Luther
Yeah that last one is amazing, she looks so sexy and vulnerable KO'd and tied up there on the floor and then the kind of out of it wake up that follows. Great scene.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but the episode(s) with Debra Winger as WG getting the cloth were fantastic. I know the focus has mostly been on WW, but it does say greatest peril within the series. We only get to see a small bit of WG and she spends most of her time in solid peril.
luther
Henchman
Henchman

Yes, the Wonder Girl Ko scene was superb. I loved it that within minutes of the first time she became WG, she was Ko'd. And then soon after she got ko'd again. Plus a couple nice scenes of her out later in the sequences. Season one was awesome from the KO perspective. I counted at least five full Ko's (not counting WG), where seasons 2 - 3 has a total of two, although lots with Diana Prince ... which is great, but just not the same. I always thought a great Diana Prince scene would be where she gets KO'd and captured, where they could somehow discover her WW costume underneath. Now that would be the best of both worlds!

I also saw where someone above mentioned Lynda Carter's great ass! So true! Pretty tiny for as tall and well endowed as she was. I read an article where she mentioned she thought it was to flat ... which is true a little bit, but still looks petite and great in her WW costume.
Bugsy
Sargeant
Sargeant

I get what you are saying! There were some fantastic potential situations!! Part of the problem when she was Diana was the God awful wardrobe!! Most of he captures were in awful pants! Very few of them did we get to see her lovely legs!!! Aside from I do I do!
smerdyakov667
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

1 year ago
I also find the next scene to be a bit of a cherry on top. As Wonder Woman, she goes to stop the villains and while she does admittedly very easily prevail, she still acts remarkably cocky for someone who was moments earlier basically the most generic damsel in distress possible

KOJIMAISGOD, your theory about "Starships" is super intriguing. I will admit I was skeptical at first, having never really paid attention to the perils of Diana in street clothes, but the more I think about the bound-and-gagged scene (and the more I watch Diana struggle!), the more I'm persuaded. It's true what you say: there's no other point when we see our heroine so full of FEAR. Her expressions, her sounds. The more celebrated perils in "Fausta" and "Baroness" look great, but psychically speaking, is WW ever really not in control during those scenes? There, it is only at the point of ambush where Wondey is completely helpless. But here, where a powerless Diana literally stares her death down and has to be rescued by a man... here the mighty WW's fate is totally out of her own hands.

And it really is this clip of WW after the peril that seals the deal. God, she's just so cocky, especially as she's coming from behind the car-- that sassy look, the hands on her hips. It's like her previous ordeal never happened... but all of us at home know that this supposedly unbeatable heroine can, in fact, be rendered helpless.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Personally, I preferred Lynda in her Diana Prince persona. She had absolutely the nicest set of tits and in street clothes, you got to see them being much more free range than in the torpedo bra of her costume. She also was tied up and struggling far more often in her street clothes thanks WW.

I have a fondness for the needlessly complicated Bat-trap style perils. One of my favorites was the conveyor belt of doom in Seance of Terror, where the villains tie her hands and plan on her being dumped on a gravel pile to her death.

Another was when a musically themed villain traps her in his spinning chair of deathImage
She also was tied up in a cave and while trying to escape, had possibly the best bouncing tits ever broadcast.

bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Personally, I preferred Lynda in her Diana Prince persona. She had absolutely the nicest set of tits and in street clothes, you got to see them being much more free range than in the torpedo bra of her costume. She also was tied up and struggling far more often in her street clothes thanks WW.

I have a fondness for the needlessly complicated Bat-trap style perils. One of my favorites was the conveyor belt of doom in Seance of Terror, where the villains tie her hands and plan on her being dumped on a gravel pile to her death.

Another was when a musically themed villain traps her in his spinning chair of deathImage
She also was tied up in a cave and while trying to escape, had possibly the best bouncing tits ever broadcast.

The thing was, when you saw Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, you always knew you were getting this gorgeous, beautiful, Amazon princess. When you saw her as Diana Prince, while her beauty wasn't as obvious, but it was always a nice surprise bonus to see Diana in a quite fetching outfit. I loved that scene of Lynda Carter as Diana Prince in that black bathing suit running on the beach, Baywatch before there was a Baywatch with those puppies rolling around inside that suit.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

smerdyakov667 wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
I also find the next scene to be a bit of a cherry on top. As Wonder Woman, she goes to stop the villains and while she does admittedly very easily prevail, she still acts remarkably cocky for someone who was moments earlier basically the most generic damsel in distress possible

KOJIMAISGOD, your theory about "Starships" is super intriguing. I will admit I was skeptical at first, having never really paid attention to the perils of Diana in street clothes, but the more I think about the bound-and-gagged scene (and the more I watch Diana struggle!), the more I'm persuaded. It's true what you say: there's no other point when we see our heroine so full of FEAR. Her expressions, her sounds. The more celebrated perils in "Fausta" and "Baroness" look great, but psychically speaking, is WW ever really not in control during those scenes? There, it is only at the point of ambush where Wondey is completely helpless. But here, where a powerless Diana literally stares her death down and has to be rescued by a man... here the mighty WW's fate is totally out of her own hands.

And it really is this clip of WW after the peril that seals the deal. God, she's just so cocky, especially as she's coming from behind the car-- that sassy look, the hands on her hips. It's like her previous ordeal never happened... but all of us at home know that this supposedly unbeatable heroine can, in fact, be rendered helpless.
Exactly. And again, this is WELL into her career, and yet she made a clear, obvious mistake relating to her work as Wonder Woman (the spinning thing I mentioned) that got her into the mess. It’s because Wonder Woman messed up that she was almost killed. All that combined is why it’s my personal favorite ww peril.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

bushwackerbob wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

The thing was, when you saw Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, you always knew you were getting this gorgeous, beautiful, Amazon princess. When you saw her as Diana Prince, while her beauty wasn't as obvious, but it was always a nice surprise bonus to see Diana in a quite fetching outfit. I loved that scene of Lynda Carter as Diana Prince in that black bathing suit running on the beach, Baywatch before there was a Baywatch with those puppies rolling around inside that suit.
This is subjective, but I rather like her outfit in this scene. By season 3 Diana had basically given up on the whole "trying to look different when out of costume" thing she did in season 1 and early in 2. She doesn't have the glasses in this scene, and while she doesn't have her hair down, she has it in a long ponytail rather than a bun. She basically looks like Wonder Woman in street clothes, which is another thing that contributes to this still feeling like Wonder Woman being in peril
btdbob
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hello fellow Lynda Carter lovers!

I run a Discord server for 18+ RPs of Lynda Carter's WW, so if you want to read stories, RP, or discuss with fellow fans, join us!

https://discord.gg/B8FWSerSKX
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Another detail I love about the scene. At 2:48 Henry has been trying and failing to defuse the bomb for a bit, and the bomb still won’t go off for like 25 seconds or so. The warehouse is small, he definitely has time to save himself at this point. He notably looks over at Wonder Woman, who looks near tears as she frantically looks back and forth between Henry and the bomb (the camera then shows the bomb at 19 seconds, still enough time for him to escape). Henry then looks back at the bomb, determined. My interpretation of this is that for an instant Henry thought about hightailing it, but looked over at the despairing Wonder Woman and realized he just couldn’t, and went back to trying to and eventually successfully defusing the bomb. Henry didn’t just save himself, and Wonder Woman was there. He could have left her to her fate and gotten himself out of danger. The man very much had to risk his life to save Wonder Woman, if he was only concerned with himself than he would be alive, and she would be dead. Just adds to the feeling of The Great Wonder Woman being completely reduced to a damsel in distress
Attachments
0.png
0.png (2.19 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
1.png
1.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
2.png
2.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
3.png
3.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
Bomb.png
Bomb.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
4.png
4.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

TroyKimmel03 wrote:
1 year ago
That's America's ass!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lurkndog wrote:
1 year ago
TroyKimmel03 wrote:
1 year ago
That's America's ass!
I've read a lot of complaints she had no tush at all.
TroyKimmel03
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Lurkndog wrote:
1 year ago
TroyKimmel03 wrote:
1 year ago
That's America's ass!
If you are comparing to J.Lo or a Kardashian, then probably.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Padded or not, that costume did wonders for me. :)

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Tastes may vary, as the noble Sir Mix-A-Lot has testified.

Nonetheless, I maintain Ms Carter was particularly fine.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Lurkndog wrote:
1 year ago
TroyKimmel03 wrote:
1 year ago
That's America's ass!
I’ve notice that women seldom have a great ass and big tits. A woman with great ass and legs is usually smaller breasted. Women with larger breast tend to have flatter asses. Randy Moore has insanely nice legs, but the boobs were add-ons, same with Kendra James. Lynda Carter has a world class pair of tits, but to hold them up, a kind of flat ass.

More petit women get better balance of boobs and butts, Yvonne Craig, Kristen Bell, Bailey Brooke and Cheryl Ladd, none of them are very tall. This is purely an aesthetic preference on my part, YMMV.

If you are talking about the Kardashians, it is hard to even tell what was factory original and what was an aftermarket add-on. J-Lo has a great butt, her boobs, while nice, are not in the same league.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

A lot of the particular look a woman has comes from the type of exercise she is doing.

Back in the day, Lynda Carter worked out more than an hour a day, doing a trampoline workout and swimming, and probably some dance and calisthenics for muscle tone. As a naturally voluptuous woman, she seems to have focused on keeping herself slender.

Today's hotties probably focus more on muscle-building exercises, particularly squat lifts to build up more muscle in their legs and buttocks, and core strengthening exercises for that all-important six pack.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Lurkndog wrote:
1 year ago
TroyKimmel03 wrote:
1 year ago
That's America's ass!
Exhibit A for research purposes...
WW stolen faces.png
WW stolen faces.png (408.75 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
And here's the toyman examining the goods...
deadly toys (94).png
deadly toys (94).png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2307 times

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

This topic is back up, so something else relating to this I found interesting: Despite having zero Wonder Woman in costume perils (though she did get her ass kicked by Formicida), I think Wonder Woman actually needed someone to save her more in this season than either of the first two. There is this peril obviously, then in "The boy who knew her secret" she needed Skip to save her from having her body snatched when she was holding the alien thing, and she needed Skip to help her remember that she is Wonder Woman when she lost her memory. Also in "The Man who couldn't die", Wonder Woman was left tied up to her car in her garage with the fumes from said car about to kill her (she did escape the bondage, but passed out when she tried to spin into Wonder Woman) when the invincible man Bryce busted in and saved her. Lastly (this ones kinda borderline) in "Hot Wheels" Wonder Woman was about to get thrown down a well when inspector Bolt came to save her (I say it's borderline because she uses the distraction to get away herself and change to Wonder Woman, but she was still about to die and the guy showed up in order to save her). That's five times I counted in the season where she needed to be saved, I think the others only had like two or three occasions where she couldn't get herself out of a jam. In the season where she got into the least peril in costume, she was actually the biggest damsel in distress.
Attachments
Down the well.png
Down the well.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 2257 times
Losing her Soul.png
Losing her Soul.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2257 times
Drugged.png
Drugged.png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 2257 times
Forget Your Wonder Woman.png
Forget Your Wonder Woman.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 2257 times
Passing out Mid-Spin, about to die.png
Passing out Mid-Spin, about to die.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 2257 times
Tied In Car.png
Tied In Car.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2254 times
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Unless you are one of those guys who are into the modern disproportionally large rears, I don't believe that is correct. What I do think is - as much I appreciated the CBS costume - the outfit didn't always do her rear justice due to the almost square design at the back. If you look at those scenes when she is in a bathing suit, Lynda clearly has a lovely round posterior.