Anyone know where to buy costumes like TBFE?

General discussions about superheroines!
Jokey1234
Neophyte
Neophyte

I'm wondering where the creators typically buy their costumes from, especially Redwing from TBFE 👀
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I did buy a few from here
https://superhero.aliexpress.com/store/ ... _6054685.5

Note it did take over a month. I suspect they have them made then sent out. They are OK quality.
SHL
Producer
Producer

Jokey1234 wrote:
1 year ago
I'm wondering where the creators typically buy their costumes from, especially Redwing from TBFE 👀
Custom made. You’d have to find yourself a professional seamstress and costume designer.
shevek
Producer
Producer

SHL wrote:
1 year ago
Jokey1234 wrote:
1 year ago
Custom made. You’d have to find yourself a professional seamstress and costume designer.
Yup, you've got to have a good seamstress available (I'm pretty much the designer). We have a very talented one who works at a vintage clothing store and prepares costumes for theater companies.

We provide her with a ready catsuit and a basic costume plan drawn up, and then she adds the chest emblems and other special accoutrements (paw prints, shiny stripes, and other extra touches). Sometimes she buys a few extra pieces of spandex or other fabric to add those. If you don't have basic catsuits or leotards, you'll have to come up with the fabric from scratch, which is more difficult, but it can be purchased on rolls from stores like Jo-Ann Fabrics, etc.