Hello everyone! :)

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I've read some of the best stories in this place. Mostly about Batgirl. Thanks to the authors!

I would love to contribute by uploading a story with Batgirl off course. But I'm afraid that many spelling mistake can be found in it!

My first language is a very rare one, cannot be translate, learned French with my mother when I was a little girl and now I did my best to translate my story to French then English!

Can I still post it?

Advices are welcome, thanks!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Post them! I am a big Batgirl in peril fan, also.
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I'd be glad to hear your story.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Its ablsolutely fine to post it. I am on leave at the moment so if you want to send it to me I will correct anything obvious.
You can send it via private message - under your user name in the top right hand corner.
I will send you a PM (private mrssage) so you can just reply to that with your story as an attachment or paste the text into a message

Welcome to the forum. If you need to ask any questions please either message myself or DrDominator9 as we are meeters and greeters here, and Damselbinder is the story moderator
Have fun.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

sneakly, I'm a big fan of you art. Your Batgirls stories is the reason how I found this forum! :)

I will post it tomorrow. First chapter only,

Entire story: 11 pages, 4900 words.
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

ltrltr wrote:
2 years ago
I'd be glad to hear your story.
I'll post the first chapter tomorrow, promise!
Thanks for the reply! :)
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Its ablsolutely fine to post it. I am on leave at the moment so if you want to send it to me I will correct anything obvious.
You can send it via private message - under your user name in the top right hand corner.
I will send you a PM (private mrssage) so you can just reply to that with your story as an attachment or paste the text into a message

Welcome to the forum. If you need to ask any questions please either message myself or DrDominator9 as we are meeters and greeters here, and Damselbinder is the story moderator
Have fun.
I will post the first chapter tomorrow and if there are too many mistake, I will send it to you via private message.

Thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate. So many big names in here. Think you will enjoy the story! :)
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Can't wait to read them!!! LOVE me some BG BDSM lol
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Can't wait to read them!!! LOVE me some BG BDSM lol
I have no ideas why you'll enjoy reading my story!
Muahahaha!!!
terryBipp2
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hello, everyone.
How are you doing?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ Welcome to the forum. If you need to know anything about how the forum works just post here or send me a message
No question too stupid. Myself and DrDominator9 are meeters and Greeters here so ask either of us.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

terryBipp2 wrote:
2 years ago
Hello, everyone.
How are you doing?
Fine thank you!
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
^^^ Welcome to the forum. If you need to know anything about how the forum works just post here or send me a message
No question too stupid. Myself and DrDominator9 are meeters and Greeters here so ask either of us.
The more I read in this forum, the more I'm falling in love with it. Finally a place where guys are acting and speaking like gentlemens. Thanks for the welcome, you are too kind!
Elimael
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Welcome !:)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

MaryAnn wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
The more I read in this forum, the more I'm falling in love with it. Finally a place where guys are acting and speaking like gentlemens. Thanks for the welcome, you are too kind!
Well dont let it fool you we are all capable of being dicks, me included., lol 😂

I would say just generally stay internet safe, be careful what personal details you share here and via pm. Avoid personal pictures and if you are experiencing any unwelcome issues please message one of the moderators.

But dont let that warning scare you, enjoy your time here but be careful

MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

[/quote]

Well dont let it fool you we are all capable of being dicks, me included., lol 😂

I would say just generally stay internet safe, be careful what personal details you share here and via pm. Avoid personal pictures and if you are experiencing any unwelcome issues please message one of the moderators.

But dont let that warning scare you, enjoy your time here but be careful
[/quote]

The first problem I had was at DA. Even if I clearly said I don't take requests or commissions, few fans were still asking me to do them. When they realise I wouldn't do them, I did received severals bad notes and bad emails everyday. The nightmare has begun. Same for personnals pictures and real name I didn't want to share.

I know how bad it can become, I'm a big fan of formula one racing. Last year, the championship was decided on the last lap of the last race, result of a crash from nicholas latifi, the race director took bad decisons and the guy that never lead the race won and he's the new champion. The poor driver, nicholas latifi, had to hired bodyguards after death threats.

That is the up and down in life, we have to stay strong and move further. Thanks for the advices!
shevek
Producer
Producer

MaryAnn wrote:
2 years ago
I've read some of the best stories in this place. Mostly about Batgirl. Thanks to the authors!

I would love to contribute by uploading a story with Batgirl off course. But I'm afraid that many spelling mistake can be found in it!

My first language is a very rare one, cannot be translate, learned French with my mother when I was a little girl and now I did my best to translate my story to French then English!

Can I still post it?

Advices are welcome, thanks!
Hi MaryAnn-

I remember you introducing yourself a year ago above, and you mentioned that your first language was very rare and could not be 'translated' (I assume that means translated by Google?). As a student of languages, I wanted to ask which one it was, but I kept forgetting until now when I saw your latest post.

Let me guess: could it be that your native language is Breton, and maybe you grew up in Armorica? (Brittany)
My second guess would be perhaps some kind of West African language in the Francophonic region, but I don't see any evidence of you being from Africa, so I think I'll stick with Breton. Let me know if my guess is correct!
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Hi shevek!

I'm a native American from north Canada. When they describe us, they say that we are three big groups.
Well it's more complicate than that, each group talk and differs by where people live and we are more than a thousand groups.

My group, use one of the oldest language. Doesn't really have a name and the problem to translate it is due to the same word can design many different things. The writing is the same but saying it by changing the voice (tonality), will mean different things.

My group doesn't stay a long time at the same place, respect of the nature is the most important rule. Instead of moving when there is no more animals, fishs or an infertile land, they move somewhere else to let the nature evolve and can come back years later.
shevek
Producer
Producer

MaryAnn wrote:
5 months ago
Hi shevek!

I'm a native American from north Canada. When they describe us, they say that we are three big groups.
Well it's more complicate than that, each group talk and differs by where people live and we are more than a thousand groups.

My group, use one of the oldest language. Doesn't really have a name and the problem to translate it is due to the same word can design many different things. The writing is the same but saying it by changing the voice (tonality), will mean different things.

My group doesn't stay a long time at the same place, respect of the nature is the most important rule. Instead of moving when there is no more animals, fishs or an infertile land, they move somewhere else to let the nature evolve and can come back years later.
Oh wow, didn't expect that answer at all (and I doubt that anyone else did, either). Sounds wonderful that SHIP fans can truly exist all over the world, especially now that Amazon can ship you a package of spandex almost anywhere :)

Yes, I'm aware of the First Nations, Metis and Inuit and how they are very much hundreds of groups (although only 70 are recognized?).

So now based on your use of French, I'm trying to guess this further, whether you are in the far north of Quebec (with French in full use)
or in Yukon, NWT or Nunavut (none of which seem to be particularly French)...crossed with the clue about your language being tonal.

I was trying to narrow it down - the languages spoken in the north of Quebec are Cree, and none of them are tonal that I can find. The people who move around the most are the Inuit, but their languages aren't tonal, either.

The only tonal language I could find listed in that area is various forms of Slavey in the NWT (a Dene/Athbaskan language distantly related to Apache and Navajo).

Wow, so can I guess that you speak some form of Slavey? Perhaps the version called Sahtu? (If so, it definitely does have a name)
MaryAnn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Hi again shevek!

I was born in north British Columbia, Canada. My mother move there from Quebec and became the first real doctor of our small community. That's why, even if it's one of the hardest language to learn, I speak french very well.

The biggest problem is some historical language names are innacurate, but useful for locating resources. That's why it's hard for researchers to locate resources for the study of these languages. I know that I don't speak Cree (Algonquian).
shevek
Producer
Producer

MaryAnn wrote:
5 months ago
Hi again shevek!

I was born in north British Columbia, Canada. My mother move there from Quebec and became the first real doctor of our small community. That's why, even if it's one of the hardest language to learn, I speak french very well.

The biggest problem is some historical language names are innacurate, but useful for locating resources. That's why it's hard for researchers to locate resources for the study of these languages. I know that I don't speak Cree (Algonquian).
Hi again MaryAnn! Great exchange. Sorry, when you said way up in northern Canada I assumed NWT, Yukon or Nunavut and didn't think of BC, especially with regards to the French connection. Your mom being a doctor from Quebec makes the most sense, of course - it literally sounds like the premise of the TV show "Northern Exposure", if you remember that series.

Well, according to this list, if the language is from north BC, it's almost certainly got to be Athabaskan (Na-Dene), Tshimshian, or maybe Haida.
Odds are it's Athabaskan because there are so many of them. But if you don't actually see a name for the language *on this list*, then it probably doesn't have a name. Which would be odd, since I'm pretty sure linguists have locked down North American for quite a while, going back all the way to Sapir in the 1910s. (yes, the first name in the famous 'Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis').

Lovely to hear from you, regardless!