Tom Brady is retiring?

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Not official but likely

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/331 ... ources-say

Even if you are not a football fan his work ethic, drive and his professionalism go way beyond football
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

There is no bigger Tom Brady fan than me. I think he is retiring. Here is my theory, there are a lot of moving parts involved with Brady retiring, his management team, PR staff, TB 12 business, the actual announcement. Someone on Twitter had a theory that the last episode of the much-delayed streaming show, Man in the Arena was delayed and re-edited to reflect Brady's retirement, and somebody at ESPN, which was running the streaming series, got wind of the re-editing of the series to reflect Brady's retirement, and leaked the news to fellow ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter. Tom Brady's exceptional drive to succeed was the key to his success, long hours at the practice facility trying to improve himself and obsessed with proving folks wrong, that he lasted until the 6th round. I laugh when dumbass folks try to put Mahomes or Rodgers in the GOAT category. There is only one GOAT, and that is Thomas Edward Brady.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Does anyone know a good internet service to stream ESPN? I have cable but only for internet and don't want to get channels just to watch games.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
There is no bigger Tom Brady fan than me. I think he is retiring. Here is my theory, there are a lot of moving parts involved with Brady retiring, his management team, PR staff, TB 12 business, the actual announcement. Someone on Twitter had a theory that the last episode of the much-delayed streaming show, Man in the Arena was delayed and re-edited to reflect Brady's retirement, and somebody at ESPN, which was running the streaming series, got wind of the re-editing of the series to reflect Brady's retirement, and leaked the news to fellow ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter. Tom Brady's exceptional drive to succeed was the key to his success, long hours at the practice facility trying to improve himself and obsessed with proving folks wrong, that he lasted until the 6th round. I laugh when dumbass folks try to put Mahomes or Rodgers in the GOAT category. There is only one GOAT, and that is Thomas Edward Brady.
JR
Bugsy
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thank god!! Nothing but a cheater!!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bugsy wrote:
2 years ago
Thank god!! Nothing but a cheater!!
Sore loser.

Nothing but a winner
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can’t imagine his Super Bowl wins (and appearances!) will ever be matched. I was a Joe Montana fan and I recall all the Niner fans being loathe to acknowledge Joe was no longer the best with arguments that no longer hold water. Montana was one of the best; Brady is the best.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
DanDud88
Henchman
Henchman

Isnt he cartmans hero
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Looking at social media, it is disappointing to find so many Pats fans are needy, whinny, little adolescent bitches all because he did not offer acknowledgement, affirmation, or appreciation to the Patriots or their fans in his retirement post. I am not some young and needy child who needs or depends upon affirmation from professional athletes, that is pathetic. Tom Brady rescued the Pats from Drew Bledsoe led mediocre teams to six SuperBowls and nine appearances. As a fan, that is all of the reward I need for TB 12's leadership and QB play for 20 years, thanks to him, the Pats have six Lombardi trophies sitting at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. Thanks, Tom Brady, for 20 years of unrivaled football excellence, something I suspect we will never see again in my lifetime. It's times like these that I remind myself that social media is not representative of real world conventional wisdom.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
Looking at social media, it is disappointing to find so many Pats fans are needy, whinny, little adolescent bitches all because he did not offer acknowledgement, affirmation, or appreciation to the Patriots or their fans in his retirement post. I am not some young and needy child who needs or depends upon affirmation from professional athletes, that is pathetic. Tom Brady rescued the Pats from Drew Bledsoe led mediocre teams to six SuperBowls and nine appearances. As a fan, that is all of the reward I need for TB 12's leadership and QB play for 20 years, thanks to him, the Pats have six Lombardi trophies sitting at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. Thanks, Tom Brady, for 20 years of unrivaled football excellence, something I suspect we will never see again in my lifetime. It's times like these that I remind myself that social media is not representative of real world conventional wisdom.
I can understand why he did not mention the Pats he and especially Giselle are pissed on how it ended. Peyton Manning felt the same way towards the colts. But I think he should have mentioned the New England fans. I won't trash him for it though
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

oh, a rugby for kids thread

how droll

from the country that somehow managed to make an even worse version of cricket
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago

how droll

A PROFITABLE worse version of cricket.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Biden Promises To Replace Retiring Quarterback Tom Brady With A Woman Of Color
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-promi ... n-of-color
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago

how droll

As opposed to the boring game of soccer? Where the victor is the flopper
Damselbinder

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago

how droll

I'm going to ignore that that "joke" article X posted just sort of drained a bit of colour from the world as soon as my eyes passed across it

Instead I'm going to say that you chose a REALLY bad spot to do your cultural posturing. Cricket is appalling.

Baseball's fun. If it's good enough for Ben Sisko, it's good enough for me.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago

how droll

I find baseball incredibly boring, pitchers take forever to get the ball to the plate, batters routinely stepping out of the batters box, delaying the game interminably. For an American like myself who is wholly unfamiliar with the game of cricket, does cricket suffer from some of the same drawbacks and flaws as baseball in terms of pace of the game or match issues? I find soccer impossibly boring to watch also. Kids over here in America play the sport when they are young but grow out of it and seek other sports as they get into their teens.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago

how droll

That's why I watch Premiership Rugby, and NOT premiership soccer!
Now, when does the Australian Football League season start? :giggle:
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I know very little about Brady other than that he's very successful at the American sportsball, and has a hot wife.
bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago

I find baseball incredibly boring....

...does cricket suffer from some of the same drawbacks
If you consider being incredibly boring to be a drawback, perhaps cricket isn't for you.

To be fair to it, like most sports, it probably becomes a lot more interesting when you understand it. But I'll stick to UFC.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

There are 2-3 types of cricket 1 day games which can involve 20, 40, 55 or 60 overs a side (6 balls delivered by the bowler = 1 over) (these involve each side batting once until they use up all the overs) and Test cricket which involves 4-5 day games with each side batting twice for as long as they can (limitless overs)
So the 20 over games (called the 20-20 or T20) is over in a couple of hours.
Test cricket lasts 4-5 days, unless you are the current England Test side in which case they last about 8 minutes.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
Tis true 90 minutes of passing a ball cannot compete with *checks notes* 50 minutes of sensously massaging the lycra clad butts of some large gentlemen and 10 minutes of pushing each other a bit
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
Tis true 90 minutes of passing a ball cannot compete with *checks notes* 50 minutes of sensously massaging the lycra clad butts of some large gentlemen and 10 minutes of pushing each other a bit
The real football is a game of stratedgy, drama and excitement

Soccer-yawn
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago

Soccer-yawn
Yes, I mentioned Rugby already
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago

Soccer-yawn
Yes, I mentioned Rugby already
They even use their feet in Rugby Football. Who would have thougjt it.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).