Producers Not Responding

General discussions about superheroines!
SnidelyW
Henchman
Henchman

I finally have enough "disposable" cash to commission my own custom, and I've started emailing some of my favorite studios. The thing is... NOBODY replies. It's the weirdest thing! I emailed them with a general sense of what would be in the movie (number of actors, number of sets, effects) but it's been radio silence. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes for producers to get back to you?
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Are these producers actually advertising customs? Perhaps they expect you to use some form rather than a direct email.
JWeathers
Producer
Producer

SnidelyW wrote:
2 years ago
I finally have enough "disposable" cash to commission my own custom, and I've started emailing some of my favorite studios. The thing is... NOBODY replies. It's the weirdest thing! I emailed them with a general sense of what would be in the movie (number of actors, number of sets, effects) but it's been radio silence. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes for producers to get back to you?
I think that the factors that would go into this, primarily would be what you are asking for. Is this that someone could market only to just you, or does it have appeal outside of you specifically? The other consideration is how complicated your custom will be to do. It may well be to get an answer to your question here, you will need to explained what you are looking for, and maybe someone here can comment on if they have an idea of why you’re not getting responses. Either no one is interested because it’s outside the norm of what they do, or they are all just not getting back to you because they can’t be bothered, or have too much going on, or they’re all flaky.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

It's frustrating -- you are READY -- but try to be patient. Has it been a week? In this genre, the studios seem to be one- or two-person operations, people who are passionate about the genre and their craft, and not necessarily perfect customer service representatives every day. They're probably either deep into that case of Red Bull editing the next release or getting all the chess pieces moved for the next one- or two-day shoot. The latter seems especially frantic and high-stakes.
SnidelyW
Henchman
Henchman

While I won’t get into the nitty gritty typing on my phone, I’ll say this. I haven’t gone into lurid detail over email but what I have said is fairly simple (one heroine, one villain) and pretty mass market. Nothing more fringe than our overall fringe. Not at all like that one guy who keeps ordering customs with the women in a red fishnet suit being pushed into a pie. (I kid you not, there are three like that)
SnidelyW
Henchman
Henchman

TBFE got back to me after they cleared a bunch of productions off their queue. Guy's a real joy to work with and we've got one in the production pipeline!
SnidelyW
Henchman
Henchman

Also Lucia Films NEVER responded. I still like their work but man, that's disappointing.