Batgirl's biggest fear

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
canepar
Neophyte
Neophyte

As dawn bellowed, Batgirl directed her bike back to the building, not exactly a Batcave but a haven for her. Upon re-entering her apartment all Barbara could think of was a quick nap and immediately peeled off her gloves, belt, and boots. She laughed as she pulled the mask off her head as she entered the bedroom. “Oh, if Daddy could see me now!!” she thought. She tossed globes, boots, and mask aside and headed for the awaiting comfortable mattress. She was exhausted. She fell asleep immediately

A few hours later, the ring of her phone awakened Barbara. She cleared her throat and answered,

“Hello?”

“Good morning, princess, how’s my little girl today?”

"Oh, hi, Daddy. What’s up?”

“I thought I would treat myself to breakfast with my favorite gal, what do you say? Unless, of course, you have important millionaire things to do instead.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Daddy. You know I would never miss an opportunity to spend time with you.” This was true. The demands of her father’s career often made him invisible at home when she was growing up. However, it was all she knew and instead of resenting his absence, she wove it into the larger-than-life admiration she held for him. No one could touch his integrity, courage, or protection of her.

“When can I expect you to drop by? 15, 20 minutes?”

“How about 15 or 20 seconds? I’m on the cell phone and letting myself in your front door as we speak.”

Barbara immediately sat up from her lying position and surveyed her situation. She was wearing her Batgirl costume but unmasked. Worse, his boots, gloves belt, and mask were scattered everywhere. Even the secret panel to her hidden room was open. She instantly started organizing her actions. . “Sure, Daddy come on up. Unfortunately, the elevator is out again so you will have to take the stairs. Sorry.” Before he could reply, she hung up and whipped into action. Barbara remembered how her father was forever interrupting her transformation into Batgirl whe she lived with him.

First, she unzipped her one piece in the back and pulled it forward slipping out of the sleeves and wiggling it down over her hips. The way that the stretch fabric tapered at her ankles almost caused her to lose her balance as struggled to strip it off. Finally, she was left in her sports bra and thong panties. She gathered the gloves, boots, cape, costume and searched for the cowl, and threw them into the secret room.

She fumbled under her vanity for the hidden button that operated the sliding door. As it slid shut she heard her father’s key slide into the lock and begin to open the door. Unfortunately, as Barbara saw her father open the door she noticed her utility belt was still out, not in plain view, but not hidden either. She immediately opened a drawer grabbed everything in it and dumped it over the belt just before her father appeared in the bedroom doorway and turned to face her.

He was surprised. She was standing before the dressing table wearing what he thought was the skimpiest bra and panties he’d ever seen. She remained there practically naked in front of him.

Barbara was taken aback. She did not make the less effort to cover up herself trying not to draw attention to her particular state of dressing (something absolutely impossible).

He didn't excuse himself, he just stood and watched and made small talk avoiding any comment about her nudity as if everything was normal (which, in a way, it was). “Well, I see the maid has not arrived yet. What is the deal with your elevator? Why is it always out?”

Deflecting the questions Barbara replied, “Daddy, in the future you have to give me more than half a minute to get ready. You are always my most important date and I should look my best.”

“Aw, you look fine. Just throw something on. We’re only going to the diner downstairs. Here this will do.” And with that, he reached down into the pile of clothes and grabbed some sweat pants and a sweater. Barbara’s eyes bulged with nervousness. She took those things and got changed in front of him as it wasn´t a big deal. As far as they both knew, it was the first time it had happened.

“I’ll tell you what, Daddy. You go down and get us a booth and I’ll be there in five minutes tops. I promise.”

“Okay, pumpkin, but my watch has started. I am counting down already.” Barbara saw him to the door and vowed right then never to be put in this situation again.

By the time Jim Gordon was going down the stairs he was wondering when Barbara would feel comfortable telling him that she was Batgirl.