Latest DR Who Rumor

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Latest Rumor is David Tennant will reprise the role

Tenant was the most popular of the Doctors in New Who

I would put him 4th all time after Tom Baker, Pewtree and Troughton.

Pair him with a Martha Jones companions and make the Chibnal era a dream sequences during the Calpaldi regeneration

Thoughts
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah gonna be a Dallas trying to unweave this mess
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The whole Timeless Child arc has been a bit of a shitshow. Giving the Doctor a secret origin, at this late stage, was insane. Particularly as the Doctor was always supposed to be mediocre by Time Lord standards. Now, the Doctor is a Jesusy "chosen one" who appeared from nowhere and was the source of all Time Lord regeneration.

Jo Martin has been pretty good as the Fugitive Doctor. But we still haven't had an explanation of how she has a Police Box-shaped TARDIS and why she calls herself the Doctor. Maybe the Division re-acquired the Second Doctor immediately after his trial and sent this extra incarnation on missions before the Third Doctor started his exile on Earth? I'm not sure even Chibnall knows, seeing as he just seems to have pulled the idea from his shitbox.

Jodie herself has acted well in other TV shows and movies. Yet here she has been directed to play the Doctor as a cut-price Jane Horrocks. Bit of a waste, really.

The return of RTD and potentially Tennant is most welcome at this point.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The Timeless Child served the purpose of why The Doctor could exceed the 12 regeneration rule. They had been fudging the rules for the Master and the War Doctor. They tried to make it significant that the Doctor had all the missing memories, but no one was going to write stories about them unless they were needed to help out a flawed story.

The Flux storyline made a reference to the other universe that the Doctor came from and could have started a whole line of seeking the Child's origin. But that would hav needed all the Earth stories.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

They should have just killed off the doctor and had a young time lord take his place. Or just end the show.
Damselbinder

Visitor wrote: ↑
2 years ago
The Timeless Child served the purpose of why The Doctor could exceed the 12 regeneration rule. They had been fudging the rules for the Master and the War Doctor. They tried to make it significant that the Doctor had all the missing memories, but no one was going to write stories about them unless they were needed to help out a flawed story.

The Flux storyline made a reference to the other universe that the Doctor came from and could have started a whole line of seeking the Child's origin. But that would hav needed all the Earth stories.
That's not right, is it? The Eleventh Doctor was granted at LEAST a full cycle of regenerations by the Timelords at the climax of the events on Trenzalore. There's no danger of her hitting the limit for a long time yet.

The Timeless Child stuff was risible. Very much the equivalent of a big "nothing will ever be the same again!" comic event. But, you know? I would ALMOST have been willing to forgive it if the general quality of Chibnall's tenure hadn't been so Christ-punchingly terrible. A brilliant writer might even have been able to pull off yet another "secret history of the Doctor" storyline. Chibnall is not such a person.

I would be astonished if David Tennant reprised his role. Just - he's older now, and Who is such a demanding shoot. Would he really want to step back into it? I know that Russel T. Davies is returning as showrunner, but I can't imagine he'd want to bring Tennant back either. It would be really weird. He might be reprising his role for the 60th anniversary special in a few years, but that's another matter.

As for the show ENDING, I don't agree - but I do think it needs a break. It's been running constantly for more than a decade, and even if the quality had stayed at its apex, you just can't keep something this high-concept going, with the whole universe inevitably under threat at the end of every season. Just give it a rest, let it come back with a bang in a few years.

But, alas, it's one of Auntie's only consistent moneymakers. I imagine they fear letting it go fallow. Ah, well. Not the end of the world.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

And dont forget they film it in Cardiff...

:giggle: :laugh:

Who the hell would want to go back there? 🀨 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

tallyho wrote: ↑
2 years ago

Do you live there?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote: ↑
2 years ago
They should have just killed off the doctor and had a young time lord take his place. Or just end the show.
They have had the Young Time Lord already, despite the character not being on the show since 1979, Romana is among the most popular companions in the show's history.
Last edited by Dazzle1 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Damselbinder wrote: ↑
2 years ago
2 years ago

Do you live there?
Nope. There but for the grace of god, and all that. :giggle:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago

Do you live there?
I would imagine its like me not wanting to live in parts of West Virginia even though I have not technically been there. Or Detroit. Or Los Angeles.
Damselbinder

2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago

Do you live there?
No? Tennant's return might not be utterly impossible, then.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote: ↑
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago

Do you live there?
I would imagine its like me not wanting to live in parts of West Virginia even though I have not technically been there. Or Detroit. Or Los Angeles.
Im from Swansea and Cardiff are our arch rivals
(its actually a lovely place and way better than the crap hole Swansea has become. Dylan Thomas called it (Swansea) 'That ugly, lovely, town'. In a competition to update that slogan the winner was " its a pretty shitty city" πŸ˜‚)

So I'm just messing about - Cardiff is nice, except its full of people from Cardiff :giggle:

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

In Chicago we used to make fun of Berwyn. Nothing wrong with Berwyn other than it was the flattest piece of boring nothing strip malls in the world.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote: ↑
2 years ago
Latest Rumor is David Tennant will reprise the role

Tenant was the most popular of the Doctors in New Who

I would put him 4th all time after Tom Baker, Pewtree and Troughton.

Pair him with a Martha Jones companions and make the Chibnal era a dream sequences during the Calpaldi regeneration

Thoughts
Well the rumor was true
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Only for a short time then there's a black actor taking over

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

1 year ago
I know but the way they are spreading the shows out, will it be in 2024?

Besides how many people are going to watch it on Disney +
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote: ↑
1 year ago
1 year ago
I know but the way they are spreading the shows out, will it be in 2024?

Besides how many people are going to watch it on Disney +
It will be three anniversary specials with David Tennant in November/December 2023 with Ncuti taking over sometime during the Christmas episode.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."