losing fans over coming out

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wait... the Elvira? Isn't she kind of very very old by now? Didn't know she even had a fan base of any significance.

I do remember she was big in the Milwaukee area cause when she hosting she was seen by a lot of prisoners in the prison there.

And I thought every woman in hollywood was a lesbian.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It would be like fucking the Crypt Keeper these days.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
I can understand straight men being disappointed in the fact their fantasy of being with her greatly diminished but why would that change their attraction to her? With my own experiences I would think it would drive up desires to try to convert her or change her mind from what they can give her or offer her sexually, can't tell you how many guys have told me that personally(even tho I love guys too!!)

To me this makes her worthy of the perfect goth witch lezdom villainess, her using her witchy black magic to seduce innocent straight blonde chic's into her web if lesbianism & love them in her coffin!!! I love her!
It shouldn't since she is a fantasy. And since her persona is a female vampire, female vampires often are lesbian or bi in entertainment culture and many of us love watching lesbian even if we are het.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

https://www.out.com/celebs/2022/1/06/el ... coming-out
“It’s funny. One of the things that happened is on my social media, I won’t say which platform,” Peterson said. “In one day, the day after the book came out, I lost 11,000 people just said, ‘Elvira, you lied to me. I don’t respect you anymore. Goodbye.’ But I got 60,000 new followers the same day. It was funny. I know it was mostly straight older guys who just felt lied to, you know, I don’t know. So you can’t please everybody!”
Maybe they're not really horny older men, that's just how they present themselves online. :)
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
“It’s funny. One of the things that happened is on my social media, I won’t say which platform,” Peterson said. “In one day, the day after the book came out, I lost 11,000 people just said, ‘Elvira, you lied to me. I don’t respect you anymore. Goodbye.’ But I got 60,000 new followers the same day. It was funny. I know it was mostly straight older guys who just felt lied to, you know, I don’t know. So you can’t please everybody!”
Maybe they're not really horny older men, that's just how they present themselves online. :)
For F***’s sake. Straight white guys have been getting lied to for their entire lives… That is why being a straight guy is so cherished. Can you imagine spending your entire life thinking you are the benevolent protector of society, women and culture. Only to discover late in life women don’t need you or necessarily want you protecting them, that they don’t need you achieve orgasm and that all through history you have been appropriating traditions from other parts of the world. For some it must crushing to learn Hitachi has been providing much more consistent orgasms than white men for the last forty years….
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
For some it must crushing to learn Hitachi has been providing much more consistent orgasms than white men for the last forty years….
speak for yourself sun, I wear a kilt
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
For F***’s sake. Straight white guys have been getting lied to for their entire lives… That is why being a straight guy is so cherished. Can you imagine spending your entire life thinking you are the benevolent protector of society, women and culture. Only to discover late in life women don’t need you or necessarily want you protecting them, that they don’t need you achieve orgasm and that all through history you have been appropriating traditions from other parts of the world. For some it must crushing to learn Hitachi has been providing much more consistent orgasms than white men for the last forty years….
Wow
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

You mean the ACTRESS came out? Cause if its the actress then why do Elvira's fans even care? Nobody assumes that Gandalf lied to them about being straight? Why should Elvira be any different?

If we're talking about the CHARACTER... then I'm not sure how much it even matters. The character has been around so long that its one of those wishy washy situations where people have come and tinkered with her so much and so often that she no longer has a solid throughline... so if she's lesbian today, its just one author's decision away from being straight tomorrow... though I do feel like maybe there needs to be a statute of limitations on appropriating the persona identities of fictional characters that one had no part in incepting tbh... or else a hard contract necessity for asking the creators permission...

Edit: Did the actress actually CREATE Elvira?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Or is this contrived, non-existent drama to get attention for the actress?
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
What lie are you referencing? That a woman may feign interest in a guy to gain some advantage? That lie is as old as time and it goes every which way. Not sure about the whole concept of being a benevolent protector of society, women and culture. That sure seems like a sociology professor's rant gone off the rails.
As for the statement "women don't need you", it's just as easily flipped to "men don't need you". Any relationship based on need is unhealthy to begin with. But in the end, what's the point? To have men and women saying they don't want anything to do with one another? That sounds like the makings of a healthy society.
The argument presented is an old cliche presented in college sociology classes for naive students who can't wait to tell their parents how stupid they are for not embracing currently popular values. All that's missing is some reference to "the patriarchy".
[Insert here the obligatory and obvious statement acknowledging how some men behave badly and the historical understanding of historical injustices to women, which we know.]
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Considering I had not thought of her or seen anything of hers in over a decade, my guess is you've nailed it Mr. X.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

sugarcoater wrote:
2 years ago
sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
What lie are you referencing? That a woman may feign interest in a guy to gain some advantage? That lie is as old as time and it goes every which way. Not sure about the whole concept of being a benevolent protector of society, women and culture. That sure seems like a sociology professor's rant gone off the rails.
As for the statement "women don't need you", it's just as easily flipped to "men don't need you". Any relationship based on need is unhealthy to begin with. But in the end, what's the point? To have men and women saying they don't want anything to do with one another? That sounds like the makings of a healthy society.
The argument presented is an old cliche presented in college sociology classes for naive students who can't wait to tell their parents how stupid they are for not embracing currently popular values. All that's missing is some reference to "the patriarchy".
[Insert here the obligatory and obvious statement acknowledging how some men behave badly and the historical understanding of historical injustices to women, which we know.]
It was a joke… :giggle:
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

I watched her movie this past Halloween. It was thoroughly entertaining. And she was smokin' hot.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
I CAN vouch for Hitachi if anyone needs me to, perhaps a demo video would be in order...but which character??? Batgirl, Raven, hell even my version of Elsa or Elvira??? Who would be best to show the Hitachi at work???
Definitely Raven. Gotta get you back in a leotard and tights.
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

sugarcoater wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Considering I had not thought of her or seen anything of hers in over a decade, my guess is you've nailed it Mr. X.
She released her autobiography last year. She's doing publicity for it. In it, she came out. That's what people are interested in, hence the story.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
I CAN vouch for Hitachi if anyone needs me to, perhaps a demo video would be in order...but which character??? Batgirl, Raven, hell even my version of Elsa or Elvira??? Who would be best to show the Hitachi at work???
Do them all! Batgirl, then costume change to Raven, then Elsa, then Elvira. Then we'll all be better informed as to who was best to show the Hitachi at work.

:lynda1:
I do not approve!

:hq:
Right! Like you don't still have the magical Hitachi Hephaestus made for you!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
NickSaggy