Pam & Tommy (Hulu, 2022)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow. These two actors look just like the characters they're playing, it's pretty amazing.
Lily James (Downton Abbey) is gorgeous. There should be a lot of great photos from this show, hopefully.
I already see a couple Baywatch swimsuit scenes - imagine all the other costumes they used for this.
Looking forward to checking it out.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Watched the first episode yesterday.
Yeah, it was a fun, entertaining watch. In that episode, there was only little of Pam, so I hope that increases a lot in the next episode.
But Tommy was certainly a bizarre character and Seth Rogen played his character, the carpenter very well.
I am very happy to see that Nick Offerman aka Ron Swanson (from Parks and Recreation) is a regular in this show.
The moment I see him I basically have to laugh.
Will watch episodes 2 and 3 this weekend and then the new episode every week.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
I already see a couple Baywatch swimsuit scenes - imagine all the other costumes they used for this.
Like her birthday suit? 🤨 🤣
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The existence of this film annoys me intensely. If you've got an actress who can look like Pamela Anderson and who is a good enough actress that she can act like Pamela Anderson, then why make a biopic of Pamela Anderson when you could instead be making a shitload of movies that Pamela Anderson might have made but didn't.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Dogfish wrote:
2 years ago
The existence of this film annoys me intensely. If you've got an actress who can look like Pamela Anderson and who is a good enough actress that she can act like Pamela Anderson, then why make a biopic of Pamela Anderson when you could instead be making a shitload of movies that Pamela Anderson might have made but didn't.
Watched the first 3 EPs. Lily is off the charts hot. She does a great acting job as well. It's not so much a "biopic" of Pamela Anderson as it is a dramatic re-creation of the sex tape incident. Nothing about it would prevent Lily from starring in a bunch of movies in the future that Pamela Anderson might have made...including a Barb Wire reboot/sequel!
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Except that Lily James probably doesn't have any interest in being a Pamela Anderson wannabe cover band for the rest of her career. She'd probably like to earn her acting jobs based on her talent, rather than her likeness to a TV star from thirty years ago.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Shakeshift wrote:
2 years ago
Except that Lily James probably doesn't have any interest in being a Pamela Anderson wannabe cover band for the rest of her career. She'd probably like to earn her acting jobs based on her talent, rather than her likeness to a TV star from thirty years ago.
I know and it is the worst.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Dogfish wrote:
2 years ago
Watched the first 3 EPs. Lily is off the charts hot. She does a great acting job as well. It's not so much a "biopic" of Pamela Anderson as it is a dramatic re-creation of the sex tape incident. Nothing about it would prevent Lily from starring in a bunch of movies in the future that Pamela Anderson might have made...including a Barb Wire reboot/sequel!
Boy that gal has some range! Going from Downton Abbey to playing Pamela Anderson on a biopic, talk about a well-rounded career!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Saw episodes 2 and 3 yesterday.
Yeah, a lot more of Pam in these ones! :-)
That one scene in episode 2 was really....
Spoiler
a WTF-deluxe moment as Tommy was talking to his CGI-animated (in some scenes) dick which moved around in a quite.... unsettling way :giggle: .

Well, I wasn't expecting that. I am rather surprised that this show is allowed to be shown in the US ;) and that some folks haven't started a petition to ban this show.
And it's astounding how similar Lily James looks to Pamela. Easy to say that many zippers will go down while watching this show.... And Seth Rogen and Nick Offerman provide the funny scenes in a great way so it's a fine mixture between sexiness and comedy in my opinion.
Bring on the other episodes!

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Finished episode 4.
After sexiness and comedy, we now get comedy and drama. A very entertaining, fun watch!
Luckily I don't know how that story developed from here on in the '90s as I either didn't pay much attention back then or it wasn't such a big deal here (except the tape itself).
One week to go to the next one...