Villainous Season 1 (2021) - Cartoon Network

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Just found out about this funny and interesting cartoon superhero show from Mexico
called "Villainous". With a unique animation style that seems like a throwback to the 90s
(and maybe also fun superheroine shows like Kim Possible)
it's apparently about a villain and his minions who devise ways for their
clients to thwart the superheroes...but usually wind up getting thwarted themselves.

Here are some of the villainesses and heroines in the show.

Demencia (kind of like a Joker's Daughter)
Demenciatransparent2.png
Demenciatransparent2.png (244.75 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Penumbra (Phantom Lady or Morticia Addams)
Penumbra_Full_Body_Appearance.png
Penumbra_Full_Body_Appearance.png (222.86 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Miss Heed (her powers are to entrance people into loving her on the Internet. reminds me a bit of Adam Warren's Soldier of Love
or, of course, Poison Ivy)
Miss_Heed_render_-_by_Aokmine.png
Miss_Heed_render_-_by_Aokmine.png (249.98 KiB) Viewed 462 times
and the heroine G-Lo (looks a bit like Stargirl, has gelatinous powers)
g-lo.jpg
g-lo.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 462 times
I first found out about the show from a recent video by Vee, who was using the Miss Heed character as an example of
a new breed of "toxic feminity" which has been emerging on the Internet for a few years (see Mr. X's OnlyFans threads...)

Note: You do NOT have to watch this Vee video, but if you do, you will find out a lot about the Miss Heed character.

Since Season 1 ( 6 episodes) was just released on Cartoon Network Mexico and HBO Max Latin America,
I'm not sure how you can watch it in the States (I tried to search for it and couldn't find it) but maybe
someone in a Latin American country can give an appraisal. It does have English subtitles so it's possible to follow.

These could all also be sexy cosplays, and perhaps it does have a fanbase in Latin America big enough to inspire that.