Censorship

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It seem that we have a moderator who has taken upon himself to make a decision to stop a reasonable discussion.

This is not Wikipedia where we have administrators on power trips
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

This isn't Facebook. There it's all about getting people to join no matter what they post.

This is a web site owned by a private company that has assigned people to decide what to allow.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Than let MH make the decision, not someone with an axe to grind
Damselbinder

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
Than let MH make the decision, not someone with an axe to grind
You are at liberty to appeal to MH if you disagree with a moderator's decision.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
It seem that we have a moderator who has taken upon himself to make a decision to stop a reasonable discussion.

Oh you mean people whose jobs it is to research that the things added to Wikipedia are true?

Heaven forbid that we don't allow just any old thing to be be barfed out as truth on a website people go to in order to research things.

I get that it might tick ones boxes to add "so and so is also a Nazi" in their Wikipedia entry, but if it isn't universally accepted and proven to be TRUE than it doesn't belong there. A single idiot individuals opinion doesn't belong on Wikipedia any more than a milk farmer should be writing entries in the dictionary.
Bert

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
A single idiot individuals opinion doesn't belong on Wikipedia any more than a milk farmer should be writing entries in the dictionary.
I mean, unless they've invented a new milking apparatus and are involved in naming it. Or they're a disgruntled lexicographer who retired to the country to eat peaches and run a dairy farm, but they occasionally get consulted on new dictionary entries.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

This is Mighty Hypnotic's world we are living in here, the rest of us are just world weary travelers who traverse his universe. I am 100% cool with that reality. MH is perfectly entitled to run his empire how he sees fit. My sense is that MH is engaged enough to be aware of the conduct of this site's moderators in case they go rogue or defy his no politics mandate. If a topic happens to meander into politics or nation bashing, I will chime in to give my two bit response, but I won't initiate those conversations on here anymore, I use Twitter and Facebook to torture folks on those topics. We are all guests in Mighty Hypnotic's house, and if he says to take your shoes off before entering the house, then I guess you will all get to smell my stinky feet!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago

Oh you mean people whose jobs it is to research that the things added to Wikipedia are true?

Heaven forbid that we don't allow just any old thing to be be barfed out as truth on a website people go to in order to research things.

I get that it might tick ones boxes to add "so and so is also a Nazi" in their Wikipedia entry, but if it isn't universally accepted and proven to be TRUE than it doesn't belong there. A single idiot individuals opinion doesn't belong on Wikipedia any more than a milk farmer should be writing entries in the dictionary.
Wikipedia admins don't look at the truth. They won't let you call Hamas a terrorist group point out Antifa instigated attacks on journalists in 2020 etc
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Aaaaaand that is PRECISELY why the thread was shut down. In the middle east, religion and politics are pretty much indivisible.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago

Wikipedia admins don't look at the truth. They won't let you call Hamas a terrorist group point out Antifa instigated attacks on journalists in 2020 etc
A statement made without a single cell of Irony right here. :huh:

Wikipedia isn't a political entity. They don't, and shouldn't, care about political stances except to indicate that 'this group exists and this is what they factually believe'. It's a place people go to for research. It's best used as a research tool for recorded historical knowledge or academic context in things like empirical mathematic formulas and as you'd imagine, the closer the article comes to NOW the less valuable it is for that purpose. ANYTHING political is mired in a layer of garbage individualistic uncertain opinionated shit. So yes, Wikipedia isn't interested in allowing Johnny nobody to lob insults and accusations at people and entities they don't like because their political beliefs say this or that. If such an accusation turns out to be accepted as true, it will eventually find its way onto Wikipedia, but don't expect today's politics to be represented there. That's not censorship, that's just being careful to represent the facts.

Are we still a political dark zone on this website? Why is this topic even here? I thought politics were a nono?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Right now that that's all cleared up I'm locking this thread.
NOW, I TOO, AM MAD WITH POWER!!!!!!
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).