2022 Movie The Flash and looks like wimp playing Barry Allen

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

[urlhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439572/fullcredits][/url]

[urlhttps://www.imdb.com/name/nm3009232/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3][/url]

The short clip showing Ezra Miller, why didn't they just sign Gustin. He has owned the role in an authentic sense since he is Barry Allen and the Flash.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't know why they are even bothering. We've had a bunch of Flash seasons. And what do we get? Probably Zoom as a bad guy.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The Flash movie will introduce DCEU's multverse. It'll have two Batmans in it. Maybe it'll have two Flashes.

Screenrant | Every Superhero In The Flash Movie (So Far)
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Don't overlook this movie has Ron Livingston.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm tired of "multiverse". Its just cheap story telling. There are a bizillion stories one can draw from comics.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Well, that this new Barry Allen is from Flash Point, makes it more tolerable,maybe.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I'm tired of "multiverse". Its just cheap story telling. There are a bizillion stories one can draw from comics.
Yeah. And a lot of them involve a multiverse. You ever hear of an obscure little comic called "Crisis on Infinite Earths"?
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah. And a lot of them involve a multiverse. You ever hear of an obscure little comic called "Crisis on Infinite Earths"?
The merger of Universes in CoIE(fuck those other "crises") ruined the DCU. It took numerous mythoi of the DCU and tried to make an ugly hodge-podge of a world.

Prime example-Power Girl. She had to endure at least THREE different new origins after the Crisis until they decided after one "crisis" to just say she was the Kara Zor-El of Earth-2, and by cosmic fluke was just one of four survivors of that world(with the Earth-2 Superman and Lois Lane, and Psycho Pirate.)

I wanted my JSA/Infinity Inc. Universe(Earth-2).
I wanted my world with the Shazam Family(Earth-S).
How about a world with the Crime Syndicate(Earth-3)?
Explore a world where Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters fight to overcome a Nazi victory in WW 2(Earth-X)?
I like thinking I existed in Earth-Prime!

All these worlds of imagination thrown away because DC leadership was getting lazy. Whine they couldn't keep shit straight? Hire someone that knew the history and gave a fuck like Julius Schwartz! God I miss that guy! He was such a cool dude that he actually made a couple appearances as himself in the comics(the aforementioned Earth-Prime appeared in a couple comics!), helping Superman of Earth-1.

My 2 cents.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Yes I've heard of one shot stories based on the idea, not the idea used as the main theme for everything. Not everything has to be time travel and nanites either.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Plus the multi verse means character peril is meaningless as even if they die they still live and often it seems replace the dead iteration of the character in the current universe anyway.
Soooo what's the point as characters aren't really ever killed off and can always be brought back.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Plus the multi verse means character peril is meaningless as even if they die they still live and often it seems replace the dead iteration of the character in the current universe anyway.
Soooo what's the point as characters aren't really ever killed off and can always be brought back.
Exactly. Multiverse gives no meaning to anything. One of the justice league cartoons touched on this with Owlman dealing with Nihilism and the view nothing he did mattered. The only act that mattered was destroying the multiverse.

There are so many great comic stories out there. They don't need to have some multiverse.

I think, in part, this whole multiverse theme aligns with the diversity theme. Basically we can have that trans/eskimo Superman someone always wanted.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Yes I've heard of one shot stories based on the idea, not the idea used as the main theme for everything. Not everything has to be time travel and nanites either.
Crisis on Infinite Earths was not just a "one shot story". It was the biggest 'event comic' DC have ever done.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Crisis on Infinite Earths was not just a "one shot story". It was the biggest 'event comic' DC have ever done.
It was ONE story... a series yes... but one story. And it KILLED the multiverse... which just came back. Yeah so DC had an event that lasted a few comics.

But multiverse is still boring writing IMHO. It destroys any meaning. With marvel it means end game and Infinity war have no meaning.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
It was ONE story... a series yes... but one story. And it KILLED the multiverse... which just came back. Yeah so DC had an event that lasted a few comics.

But multiverse is still boring writing IMHO. It destroys any meaning. With marvel it means end game and Infinity war have no meaning.
It depends how you do it. If you make it feel like yes, at any moment we could just have another Iron Man step in, then you're right. But you can make a multiverse feel not all that different from like... a sci-fi setting with hundreds of inhabited worlds. Just 'cause there's heptillions of people doesn't mean the death of one is meaningless.

(Also the multiverse did not 'just' come back. It came back in Infinite Crisis, a story now 16 years old).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
As Loki saw, it meant the Infinity Stones are now used as paper weights instead of giving god-like powers.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
It depends how you do it.
Yes and how DC and marvel are doing it destroys meaning. They already did this in Loki when the infinity stones were reduced to paper weights.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Those infinity stones are only paper weights when they're taken away from their own specific universe and brought to another universe, or outside of time and space where the TVA is.

To each their own. MCU is hitting it out of the park for me. DCEU not so much, but I have liked some of their movies.

Crossing my fingers that Margot Robbie gets to play a blonde, miniskirt wearing Supergirl from some universe in a DCEU movie. If multiverse storyline can bring back Keaton as Batman, anything's possible.

(not my art...)
superharley.jpg
superharley.jpg (144.94 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Margot Robbie did her male-gaze time. As good as her genes appear to be, you'll probably have to wait until she's approaching 50 and wants to show she's still got it to see her be that overt again.

Frequent reboots and retconning crossovers wrecked comic books for me.

I'm hopeful the DCEU Flashpoint will be used to bring things together, not just give themselves an excuse to reboot Batman and Superman endlessly.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I'm just burned out on Superhero films in general now, only thing I'm remotely interested in is possibly Eternals because it feels like something different. As for DC, who cares...they'll just reboot their entire continuity in another 2-3 years anyways.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant