Powers you want to see in SHIP

General discussions about superheroines!
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

What powers do you rarely see in SHIP works that you'd like to see more of? It can be a power you want to see from the heroine or something you want to see used against her.

Personally I've always been a fan of size changing heroines, but you don't really see them outside of Giga movies or various Ultraman rip offs. Duplication powers also seem appealing, the idea of a heroine who can be brought down in multiple different ways in a single encounter, maybe she shares the sensations felt by her duplicates amplifying the impact on her? I get why you don't see many videos with these kinds of powers because they'd be more expensive to portray, let alone finding multiple similar looking models for a cloning heroine. Still I don't really see much of them in written stories either.
Damselbinder

I think any power that can be exploited, cleverly subverted, or turned against the hero in some way - or just something with a natural, logical weakness. Like Zatanna's, where you can make her helpless by gagging her.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I also like the idea of size manipulation, like the old doll people, the incredible shrinking man and puppet master stuff, capturing a heroune like wasp mid shrinking at a 12" height like a doll. It would be easier to manipulate him or her into many more traps and perils and easier to build bondage gear, devices and torture chambers!! plus the villain could make an army of other anatomically correct action figures to manipulate the Heroine into unimaginable situations!! Doll houses turned into dungeons of delight, Barbie and Monster High dolls become master dominatrix controlling remotely the heroine
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I wrote a few (quite long) stories at Mr. X's site featuring a heroine called Miss Adventure who had super-senses, but with the inherent weakness that if she got distracted, the sensory input would overwhelm her and render her vulnerable to the inevitably Sexy Results of her misadventures. The direct inspiration was this classic Daredevil bit from the long-lost days when Cracked did jokes instead of just listicles. I still love it (both the bit and the concept that spun out from it).

Outside of that kind of concept, I don't have specific superpower kinks, I don't think. For SHIP stories I'm more interested in whether they come up with an interesting way to subvert or disable the heroine's powers ("On no! A ball gag! I can't say my catchphrase!" or "Or no! He took off my power belt!" or "Oh no! Even this common thug somehow has a half-pound of Kryptonite in his pocket!" or "Oh no! Chloroform happens to be my only weakness!" will all do in a pinch, I guess, but they don't really qualify as "interesting" in the bigger scheme of things.)

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Damselbinder

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
"Oh no! Chloroform happens to be my only weakness!"
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I feel called out. :/
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago

LOL! :giggle: No offense meant to anyone who's used those tropes of course... we've all been there, and they're all hot with the right execution. Just talking about what's "next level" for me.

Amazon
Literotica
Damselbinder

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago

LOL! :giggle: No offense meant to anyone who's used those tropes of course... we've all been there, and they're all hot with the right execution. Just talking about what's "next level" for me.
No no sure, it's just, like... "chloroform as weakness" is the whole concept of my flagship OC lady. But I, too, spoke in jest.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I think any power that can be exploited, cleverly subverted, or turned against the hero in some way - or just something with a natural, logical weakness. Like Zatanna's, where you can make her helpless by gagging her.
Natural weaknesses are cool, your character Spectra actually helped me come up with an obvious weakness for a heroine I'm working on. What good is a teleporter who can't see where she's teleporting?
I also like the idea of size manipulation, like the old doll people, the incredible shrinking man and puppet master stuff, capturing a heroune like wasp mid shrinking at a 12" height like a doll. It would be easier to manipulate him or her into many more traps and perils and easier to build bondage gear, devices and torture chambers!! plus the villain could make an army of other anatomically correct action figures to manipulate the Heroine into unimaginable situations!! Doll houses turned into dungeons of delight, Barbie and Monster High dolls become master dominatrix controlling remotely the heroine
I tend to prefer growing powers to shrinking powers, but really that's an area even less touched than the growers. I guess it's easier for peril, but people have a harder time wrapping their heads around it sexually
I wrote a few (quite long) stories at Mr. X's site featuring a heroine called Miss Adventure who had super-senses, but with the inherent weakness that if she got distracted, the sensory input would overwhelm her and render her vulnerable to the inevitably Sexy Results of her misadventures. The direct inspiration was this classic Daredevil bit from the long-lost days when Cracked did jokes instead of just listicles. I still love it (both the bit and the concept that spun out from it).
Super senses are always fun to see. Also nothing wrong with the classics weaknesses either :)
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
No no sure, it's just, like... "chloroform as weakness" is the whole concept of my flagship OC lady. But I, too, spoke in jest.

I also, genuinely, do think we can make exceptions for an epic series that deploys certain tropes in enough detail that they're not just throwaways. :) Like it's not something I hate, it's just not what I specifically look for.

Damn, I'm all flustered over here. :D

Amazon
Literotica
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
For SHIP stories I'm more interested in whether they come up with an interesting way to subvert or disable the heroine's powers ("On no! A ball gag! I can't say my catchphrase!" or "Or no! He took off my power belt!" or "Oh no! Even this common thug somehow has a half-pound of Kryptonite in his pocket!" or "Oh no! Chloroform happens to be my only weakness!" will all do in a pinch, I guess, but they don't really qualify as "interesting" in the bigger scheme of things.)
Totally agree with this. The finding of the weakness in the superheroine's powers is what I am more interested in when getting a video or reading a story. The man or woman does not need to have powers perse but an ability to outhink the heroine in battle.

On the other end of things, I'd like to see more magic-based heroines portrayed, whether it be mind-controlling ability or the ability to draw on magic as the source of their powers.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ThatOnePervert wrote:
2 years ago
What powers do you rarely see in SHIP works that you'd like to see more of? It can be a power you want to see from the heroine or something you want to see used against her.

Personally I've always been a fan of size changing heroines, but you don't really see them outside of Giga movies or various Ultraman rip offs. Duplication powers also seem appealing, the idea of a heroine who can be brought down in multiple different ways in a single encounter, maybe she shares the sensations felt by her duplicates amplifying the impact on her? I get why you don't see many videos with these kinds of powers because they'd be more expensive to portray, let alone finding multiple similar looking models for a cloning heroine. Still I don't really see much of them in written stories either.
Budget is always a concern which is why a power like Green Lantern's is hard to do

How about taking something that is popular in anime where the villain or heroine does a transformation increasing their powers
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

In live-action SHIP, any powers at all. Not for special effects, just for dramatic storytelling. (I know, SHIP is a fetish and economic realities dictate getting to the slippery slope of losing ASAP, but I still want drama.)

By far, the two most popular characters remain SG and WW. They have super strength, but far too often they're evenly matched (or slightly overmatched) from jump, and filmed in a way that no unusual strength is in evidence. And too often when power levels change, the change isn't much in evidence either.

I think part of it is they oversell the effort of the first exchange and it doesn't leave room for escalation. But part of it is the underwritten villain. Show me they're up to the challenge in some way that doesn't just make the super-strong heroine look ordinary.

I'm curious why super speed hasn't been tried more.
GOB1985
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Invincible, great resistance of the enemy.

I love to see when the superheroine is much stronger but the ugly is invincible and absorbs her energy.
This must be great fun at the start for her, but progressively, she becomes frustrated and especially tired.
While her enemy becomes stronger (without the need to be stronger than her) and does not show fatigue.
The heroine must be frustrated but too arrogant and pompous to see that she is matched, the total denial.
An opponent for that; It's parasite.
It's the perfect mix between "Girl Power" and "Damsel in Distress".
winterz
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I am personally into plots where the heroine isn't that powerful, situated in world where there is no vastly-superhuman heroes/villains.

I like it when the story centers around a WW-like heroine, who, unlike WW in the DC Universe, is only slightly stronger than, or as strong as, peak human level. She may have more superpowers than being naturally strong, but they are not overwhelmingly powerful. She may also have a few power items like bullet-deflecting bracelets and/or lasso of truth. She is an instinctive fighter, but not insurmountable for human villain or villainess. A mortal human villain, if sufficiently strong, fast, smart, and well-trained, can something best her in a more or less fair fight, without using cheap tricks like debelting or chloroforming. As a result, she gets her ass kicked quite a bit in her crime-fighting life.

IMO Alex David's LG/LS/WW and Hollywood's WW are examples of that. They are strong, but often evenly matched or even slightly outmatched by a smart and strong villain(ess) who has no apparent superpower, and the heroine often end up at the receiving end of a brutal beating as the fight goes on. Think of how Obsidian, and Lady Death, took down LG(Alex David) with mostly their hands.

It would also be sexy if there are villains and/or villainess in the crime world who are known to have a good track record of taking down the heroine many times (more than vice versa) and sometimes humiliating her. That's either because he or she has better, say, overall fighting skills than the heroine or have a deep understanding of the heroines' fighting style. They naturally become stars in the crime world as effective hitmen / bounty hunters for neutralizing the heroine. Pantera and Sleeper in Hollywood"s WW videos come to mind. Each gives WW a good beating every time they encounter, and usually to WW's total humiliation and defeat (though she managed to fight back and prevail occasionally). Such repeated takedown by the same nemesis always adds greatly to the heroine's humiliation, making the proud heroine seen as permanently an inferior underdog to the villain(ess).