Jolt [Beckinsale, Amazon Prime, 2021]

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A fresh movie that is available from today onwards on Amazon Prime.
Did know pretty much nothing about it beforehand except the title, the genre (action), and that ...Kate "the latex goddess" Beckinsale has the lead role.
Finished it just now and I am happy that I did watch it.
Well, have seen most of the movies with Kate anyway and was very thrilled that she finally had a new action role.
It's a rather short one (90 min) and a very fast-paced one as well.
The "condition" of her character is very entertaining, thrilling, and often funny, don't want to spoiler it.
Also, it manages to pull off where many movies failed in my opinion....mix up the action with some good comedy scenes.
It is still an action movie in the first place though.
Love the camera work in the action scenes, reminded me of Crank ...in a certain way.
And Kate's wardrobe was pretty sexy as well, especially at the beginning. :thumbup:

Kate's vampire blood makes her still look like 29 :-)
-
Last edited by Maskripper 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Thanks for sharing, she is a goddess! I once read that she was offered the role of wonder woman and turned it down.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Just watched Jolt with Kate Beckinsale and it was magnificent. No spoilers but Kate's character is different and fresh, and of course snarky and feisty. One of the best Amazon made movies I have seen.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Has he lost his contact lenses?
Does he want to revive her with this new method he read about?

:giggle:

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

Great recommendation, Maskripper. This movie was super hot. I also loved the general dark and neon-soaked '1980s' feel to the production.

However,
Spoiler
one must engage in a certain level of scientific suspension of disbelief to go along with the premise of the cortisol overload.
Cortisol is a stress hormone which triggers one of three responses: fight, flight or freeze.
But it doesn't make someone rage-filled, nor does it give them long extended periods of super-strength.
There should have been an additional drug added to the cocktail to make that happen (probably adrenalin).
Also, an electro-shock vest wouldn't tamp down the cortisol levels - it would simply induce even MORE stress.
Again, a drug to reduce cortisol levels would have made more sense - if a pill wouldn't be visual enough, the character could
have administered syringe shots to herself like a diabetic - maybe she gets a "rush" of euphoric peace every time she shoots up.

This entry about Intermittent Explosive Disorder (the actual condition mentioned in the film) does not mention cortisol anywhere.
In fact, the condition is attributed to a low serotonin turnover and possibly increased insulin levels.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermitt ... e_disorder

I'm betting that the electro-shock vest idea is a fetish from the director herself, Tanya Wexler.
She's a New York Jewish lesbian with an MFA from Columbia, did a gay-themed indie movie, and a film about the invention of the vibrator. So she might very well be into some mechanically-inclined kinky fetish stuff, and it came out like this in a movie script.
That's my guess, I could be wrong.
Regardless, a good use of entertainment time. And the ending (while I won't give it away) is rather the opposite of how you'd think things would go with the character, who showed quite a streak of independence and rebellion throughout the entire exposition.I guess they could be setting this up for a TV series or some sequels, if things go well.

Also...I think a DIRECT comparison could be made between this film and Black Widow.
Last edited by shevek 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago
A fresh movie that is available from today onwards on Amazon Prime.
Did know pretty much nothing about it beforehand except the title, the genre (action), and that ...Kate "the latex goddess" Beckinsale has the lead role.
It's a bit uneven, but it was fun. I feel like it would have benefited from a bit more editing:
Spoiler
- There's a car chase sequence that is extremely not thrilling and doesn't feel like anyone onscreen is even invested.
- There are a couple of sequences in the midst of her quest to confront the BBEG that don't feel like they need to be there.
- There seems to be one "ending" too many.
The premise and execution were interesting and fun, though. Beckinsale really manages to sell scenarios where a hundred-pound model lays the smackdown on dudes thrice her size in unarmed combat (which is impressive given that there's a very thin sort-of-superpower rationale going on, but nothing that approaches Underworld). She also has some excellent comedic chops: the stuff that's meant to be funny actually is funny, which as someone already mentioned isn't always the case. Good cast. They're clearly setting this up to be a series and I'd watch another one.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm actually following Kate for years now on Instagram, since she posts great pictures and demonstrates a lot of humor.
Lately, she celebrated her birthday and pictures like this were taken:

-
:giggle:

She looks quite aroused the way she touches herself and her head is in an interesting position.
Maybe she feels that bear having a rather hard body part right now. :hmmm:
Or maybe she has some interesting fantasies ;)
-

Yeah, it's not 100% on topic, but since it's about the main star of this movie....I guess it's ok
Perhaps I will open a "Kate Beckinsale and her weird Instagram pictures" topic one day....

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's a Panda, Pandas never get erections
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago
Perhaps I will open a "Kate Beckinsale and her weird Instagram pictures" topic one day....
Beautiful women with a wicked sense of humor are my jam, I'd 100% read it. :evo: That's the whole reason I follow Lena Paul on Twitter if I'm honest.
tallyho wrote:It's a Panda, Pandas never get erections
Hah! The joke's on you, mate! Turns out that, unlike humans, they simply require privacy and dignity to achieve an erection.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)