Shazam: Fury of the Gods (2023)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Directed by David Sandberg - this sequel to Shazam comes out June 2, 2023.
(Black Adam comes out the year before: July 29, 2022)

Lucy Liu plays one of the daughters of Atlas. Can't wait to see what she looks like as Kalypso.

Here are the costumes of the Shazam Family.
*Everyone* is hot, and will look fantastic fighting in those outfits. No complaints!! (yet)
shazam family.jpg
shazam family.jpg (555.84 KiB) Viewed 2727 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Put an S on that Mary Marvel suit and turn the top blue and that would work great for Supergirl.
Loki
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I like that Mary Marvel costume! I agree with Mr. X. With a few changes it would be great for Supergirl.
korda
Henchman
Henchman

Not bad in blue.
Attachments
zz@2x.jpg
[email protected] (1.98 MiB) Viewed 2690 times
zz@2x@2xcape.jpg
zz@[email protected] (2.84 MiB) Viewed 2657 times
Last edited by korda 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
korda
Henchman
Henchman

The other heroine in blue too.
Attachments
sgshz copy@2x.jpg
sgshz [email protected] (178.3 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Bert

2023? Ughh, there could be a whole other pandemic between now and then. when your movie needs two years of post-production, you're using too many special effects.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Personally, I prefer Mary's costume in the first film, but this is not too bad either. Maybe there's hope for Hollywood yet.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
2023? Ughh, there could be a whole other pandemic between now and then. when your movie needs two years of post-production, you're using too many special effects.
But there's a Black Adam movie between now and then. He's one of the main Shazam villains.
So that should tide Shazam fans over. Glad everyone's very enthusiastic about this!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/shaza ... lle-borth/

Borth booted from the movie and replaced by the actress who plays Mary Batson. Supposedly this was over an instagram post Borth made. Supposedly.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

What I love about Mary Marvel (aside from the minidress) is that her powers can be neutralized with a nice big gag…
Damselbinder

sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
What I love about Mary Marvel (aside from the minidress) is that her powers can be neutralized with a nice big gag…
That is, indeed, a great boon. Here's hoping we get a nice "Shaz-MMPHH!" at some point.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/shaza ... lle-borth/

Borth booted from the movie and replaced by the actress who plays Mary Batson. Supposedly this was over an instagram post Borth made. Supposedly.
Apparently a bit earlier, Borth also made a post supporting the democracy movement in Hong Kong. It's very possible that, rather than being booted for the Instagram post supporting the female veteran who was killed on Jan 6, she was actually pushed out by complaints from the Chinese Communist Party. Either one would be Cancel Culture, if it's true. No real proof, though. Borth herself even tweeted support for the actress who is now playing both Mary (Bromfield, actually...not Batson) and Mary Marvel. So it could just be something else entirely.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Well that didn't take too long...

So apparently, some people are already screaming "objectification" at the female costumes for "showing too much skin".

WTF is the world coming to? :no:

https://movieweb.com/shazam-2-zachary-l ... a_I4EC5HNc
Last edited by brdiy 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yet the jacked dudes in skin tight costumes aren't an issue?
Paolone0971
Henchman
Henchman

korda wrote:
2 years ago
Not bad in blue.
Attachments
noncipossocredere.gif
noncipossocredere.gif (556.11 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
I am really Glad Grace Fulton is going to be playing both parts, she reminds me of Anastasia Pierce, she has that perfect mouth for yelling SHAZAM or wrapping those lips around a ruby red ballgag!!
Maybe Calipso & Minerva will want to TAP into her tight body to drink up her power and taste what it is to me a SHAZAM....either way Mary is HOT in this new movie for sure...too bad we can't see her in her black bad costume...the skin tight latex black dress with the knee high black boots!!! And could SHAZAM be any more of a perfect male specimen??? My GOD he is a HUNK!!!!
Maybe we'll get an evil Mary plot if the series makes it to a third movie. I've seen a handful of great SHIP videos with that tight costume (actually I think my favorite is Logan's episode of The Wizard, starring Cha Cha La Anna as Mary) and there's a lot of potential in it. Here it is, for those who have never seen evil Mary cosplayed.
evil mary marvel.jpg
evil mary marvel.jpg (38 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member