Ned Beatty died

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/13/us/ned-b ... index.html

Ned Beatty died of natural causes. Among his other roles he played Otis, the bumbling assistant to Kex Luthor in the Superman movies.

I remember seeing Burt Reynolds on the Tonight Show talking about the time he and Beatty went back to Georgia where they filmed Deliverance. There was then a tour that stopped at key locations where the movie had been filmed. No one recognized the two actors and they were embarrassed at some of the location names, especially Sodomy Falls. Reynolds tried to convince the tour guide to change the names and failed.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

A very good actor and a great character actor who had a great sense of comic timing and who was very much under rated.
Rip.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

My favorite role of his was as a studio executive in the movie "Network" where he tries to motivate Howard Beale to do what the network wants. He got nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for a very short but impressive part. Agreed, Tallyho, a much underrated actor. "Only" 83.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just one word: "Otisburgh".

Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.