Fuck Twitter

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 753
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 261 times
Been thanked: 92 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by bushwackerbob »

It's kind of a lazy intellectual argument to try and define an ideology by the extremes of either party. I suspect when Rep. Omar made her "Some people did something remarks" that there where many Democrats that cringed at those words. You never would have heard Biden using those words. Pelosi, for whom I am not a fan of either has had her share of issues with AOC and the squad as well. I can't believe folks are still talking about Trump, he's irrelevant now. This reminds me of stories I used to hear about Japanese soldiers they would find marooned on islands in the 50's after WW2 and those poor bastards thought the war was still going on.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

theScribbler wrote: 1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
Nope most of the protest were violent and disruptive.

Especially in the Northwest and in MN

Of course BLM was founded on a lie, Hand up don't shoot and the contiued lie of systemic racism

BLM is the new KKK
Total Garbage post.

BTW, Netanyahu is the most corrupt racist on the planet. All my Jewish friends agree. People need to know the truth. Shalom.
I guess you take Paul Krugmans view that there were no violence in the protests

Doubt you have any friends (Jewish or otherwise)

So you think Bibi is more corrupt than Putin, Biden or Latin American dictators like Somoza or Kirchner
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

sneakly wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. X wrote: 1 year ago Screw this. Not going to take the race baiting bait here.

One cannot have a rational discussion with people who see KKK, Nazis and white supremacists around every corner.
I don’t see them around every corner, but they have been showing up consistently at Trump rallies. And Trump has never made a serious attempt to distance himself from them.
Wrong, and Trump did denounce them something Biden refused to do with Antifa, and the Squad the real Nazis
User avatar
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1335
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by theScribbler »

Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
theScribbler wrote: 1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
Nope most of the protest were violent and disruptive.

Especially in the Northwest and in MN

Of course BLM was founded on a lie, Hand up don't shoot and the contiued lie of systemic racism

BLM is the new KKK
Total Garbage post.

BTW, Netanyahu is the most corrupt racist on the planet. All my Jewish friends agree. People need to know the truth. Shalom.
I guess you take Paul Krugmans view that there were no violence in the protests

Doubt you have any friends (Jewish or otherwise)

So you think Bibi is more corrupt than Putin, Biden or Latin American dictators like Somoza or Kirchner
Total Garbage post yet again.

Bibi is so racist, it's quite sad!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

theScribbler wrote: 1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
theScribbler wrote: 1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
Nope most of the protest were violent and disruptive.

Especially in the Northwest and in MN

Of course BLM was founded on a lie, Hand up don't shoot and the contiued lie of systemic racism

BLM is the new KKK
Total Garbage post.

BTW, Netanyahu is the most corrupt racist on the planet. All my Jewish friends agree. People need to know the truth. Shalom.
I guess you take Paul Krugmans view that there were no violence in the protests

Doubt you have any friends (Jewish or otherwise)

So you think Bibi is more corrupt than Putin, Biden or Latin American dictators like Somoza or Kirchner
Total Garbage post yet again.

Bibi is so racist, it's quite sad!
Have you been to Israel? Most tolerant society in that part of the world. He is a progressive man whose only fault seems to believe that he is allowed to defend his country from terrorists. In dealing with the U.S the person who had problems was the real racicst Barack Obama

Facts something you can't deal with it
User avatar
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1335
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by theScribbler »

Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
sneakly wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. X wrote: 1 year ago Screw this. Not going to take the race baiting bait here.

One cannot have a rational discussion with people who see KKK, Nazis and white supremacists around every corner.
I don’t see them around every corner, but they have been showing up consistently at Trump rallies. And Trump has never made a serious attempt to distance himself from them.
Wrong, and Trump did denounce them something Biden refused to do with Antifa, and the Squad the real Nazis
Total Garbage statement. Trump faked you out tho! "Stand back and Stand by" is not denouncing, it's telling actual cocksuckers, the Proud Boys, and the others to wait till he calls on them to march on the capital to commit insurrectionist treason in Trump's name.

BTW, how do I join Antifa. Stands for anti-fascism. I'm for that. Anti Hitler, anti Putin, anti Trump, I'm anti all those fascists.

Also, did you know Bibi is the founder of Isis. His family pretended to not be Nazis after WW2 and escaped to Israel pretending to be Jewish. Very Trumpian.
Have you been to Israel? Most tolerant society in that part of the world. He is a progressive man whose only fault seems to believe that he is allowed to defend his country from terrorists. In dealing with the U.S the person who had problems was the real racicst Barack Obama

Facts something you can't deal with it
Facts I can deal with. Your false statements I can laugh at. You're quite hilarious!

Clearly you know nothing about Bibi. Did you know he has a huge crush on AOC and Omar? He's very upset by the unrequited love, and also his corruption trial (which is, of course, all his fault)...

The Cases Against Netanyahu and a Decision to Indict
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/28/worl ... tment.html

Defendant No. 1 or Next Prime Minister? Netanyahu Divides Israel
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/worl ... srael.html

With Benjamin Netanyahu on trial on corruption charges, even as he tries to cobble together a new government, Israel’s democratic system is drawing closer to a constitutional crisis.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, center, appeared Monday at the Jerusalem district court for the evidentiary stage of his trial.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appeared in a Jerusalem court on Monday for the opening of the key, evidentiary phase of his corruption trial... etc.

Mr. Netanyahu, Israel’s longest-serving prime minister, who is charged with bribery, fraud and breach of trust

...

oy vey! sad!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

theScribbler wrote: 1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago
sneakly wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. X wrote: 1 year ago Screw this. Not going to take the race baiting bait here.

One cannot have a rational discussion with people who see KKK, Nazis and white supremacists around every corner.
I don’t see them around every corner, but they have been showing up consistently at Trump rallies. And Trump has never made a serious attempt to distance himself from them.
Wrong, and Trump did denounce them something Biden refused to do with Antifa, and the Squad the real Nazis
Total Garbage statement. Trump faked you out tho! "Stand back and Stand by" is not denouncing, it's telling actual cocksuckers, the Proud Boys, and the others to wait till he calls on them to march on the capital to commit insurrectionist treason in Trump's name.

BTW, how do I join Antifa. Stands for anti-fascism. I'm for that. Anti Hitler, anti Putin, anti Trump, I'm anti all those fascists.

Also, did you know Bibi is the founder of Isis. His family pretended to not be Nazis after WW2 and escaped to Israel pretending to be Jewish. Very Trumpian.
Have you been to Israel? Most tolerant society in that part of the world. He is a progressive man whose only fault seems to believe that he is allowed to defend his country from terrorists. In dealing with the U.S the person who had problems was the real racicst Barack Obama

Facts something you can't deal with it
Facts I can deal with. Your false statements I can laugh at. You're quite hilarious!

Clearly you know nothing about Bibi. Did you know he has a huge crush on AOC and Omar? He's very upset by the unrequited love, and also his corruption trial (which is, of course, all his fault)...

The Cases Against Netanyahu and a Decision to Indict
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/28/worl ... tment.html

Defendant No. 1 or Next Prime Minister? Netanyahu Divides Israel
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/worl ... srael.html

With Benjamin Netanyahu on trial on corruption charges, even as he tries to cobble together a new government, Israel’s democratic system is drawing closer to a constitutional crisis.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, center, appeared Monday at the Jerusalem district court for the evidentiary stage of his trial.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appeared in a Jerusalem court on Monday for the opening of the key, evidentiary phase of his corruption trial... etc.

Mr. Netanyahu, Israel’s longest-serving prime minister, who is charged with bribery, fraud and breach of trust

...

oy vey! sad!
Still take him over Obama of the Tony Rezko, Fast and Furious and IRS scandal. But Dems get away with murder and rape in the U.S
It's pathetic how you will excuse any crime by a Dem, see also Hunter Biden

also Bibti cares more about America than Obama or Biden does
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 6608
Joined: 12 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 414 times
Been thanked: 555 times
Wales

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by tallyho »

Remember when this thread was about Twitter?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

Sorry, but when people attack Jews, I am likely to respond
User avatar
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2507
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Heroine Addict »

Let's remember that Republican "support" for Israel is based largely on the Evangelical Christian belief that stirring the pot in the Middle East will bring about Armageddon. The likes of Mike Pompeo and Mike Pence don't actually like the Jewish people; they're just looking for a bunch of Rapture Patsies who will enable Evangelical Christians - and only Evangelical Christians - to magically ascend to Heaven.



Scary that so many people actually believe this and want to bring about the end times.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 6608
Joined: 12 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 414 times
Been thanked: 555 times
Wales

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by tallyho »

Never mind the " end times" I'd settle for the "end of the thread times."
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
User avatar
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer
Posts: 1817
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 18 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by KnightsofGotham.com »

tallyho wrote: 1 year ago Remember when this thread was about Twitter?
Unfortunately its the new norm.
Theres a reason why I pop in and start browsing and then almost immediately go away for another few weeks.

I came back because a client had not gotten their custom so I popped in to fix that, then watched the flame wars for a few days and went away.
then came back to look for a custom client that wasnt replying to emails to get his superheroine custom and stayed awhile again and was frustrated by the content on nearly every post so I guess Im off again because its really too toxic on ALL sides.
Dont forget our Patreons:
https://www.patreon.com/evw ..................... Superheroines
https://www.patreon.com/evw5 ................... Pantyhose Fetish

Our C4S: http://www.clips4sale.com/49661/Cat88
Order customs here: sleepybondage@gmail.com
User avatar
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3679
Joined: 19 years ago
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 174 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by MightyHypnotic »

We are going to be taking a zero tolerance stance towards political talk or attacks on this forum. This time I mean it and some of you aren't going to like it. But I can guarantee you many others will.
User avatar
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1335
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by theScribbler »

Dazzle1 wrote: 1 year ago Sorry, but when people attack Jews, I am likely to respond
Why respond with lies tho? That's the weird bit.

Plus you responded with lies and nonsense long before I even looked at this thread, let alone posted in it. (BTW, Bibi not a jew, he's a Qanon plant and real Supermax deserving terrorist.)

Face it. You 'respond' with lies and propaganda the minute they pop into your head. Them be the facts jack. Ain't no 'sorry.' Ain't no actual provocation needed for you to troll out words of sewage time after time after time.

Like this stuff just in this thread...
Dazzle1 wrote: If Trump should have been banned than Maxine Waters and LeBron should have been banned this week for their comment.

Twitter and Facebook manipulated the coverage of the election to elect Biden, by banning only Trump and his supporters or media that criticized Biden or reported on Hunter.
They lied about being a public utility.

The Hunter Biden stories were not concotted, Hunter was on the take or do you think he brought value to a Ukraine gas company?

...

As far as Mad Maxine she has a history of encouraging violence against those who are different. LeBron threatened a white police office

And they are both liars there is no systemic racism in America

And most people are fine with that as long as they lose the #230 protection

But lets not pretend that Jack Dorsey is doing this on a rules of conduct reason

He had the terrorist leader of Iran on while he banned the NY Post and he never banned Maxine Waters a racist agitator encouraging violence

...

Antifa is a domestic terrorist group, and they have done far more damage than the Oath keepers. been to Portland or Seattle recently. As far as attacking people, name Andy Ngo mean anything to you.

I'll give you a name Luis Marquez, people know who the leaders of Antifa are. I'll give you a name of a Wikipedia admin who is a member Doug Weller.

Trump was banned before the mostly peaceful protest. Almost everyone in D.C was peaceful

...

I'll give you some Democrats that support Islamic terrorism, all 4 members of the Squad, AG of MN Keith Ellison

They activly support the TransJordanian terrorists

....

Omar and Tlaib are not better than Hamas and Hezbollah they seek the extermination of the Jewish people

they deserve to be in a Supermax

...

There is also no White Supremacy problem. Are there white racists? Sure but they have almost no political power.
When what you really want to say is...
Omar Bibi.jpg
Omar Bibi.jpg (56.49 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 466 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Mr. X »

theScribbler - STOPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 698
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Imagineer »

MightyHypnotic wrote: 1 year ago We are going to be taking a zero tolerance stance towards political talk or attacks on this forum. This time I mean it and some of you aren't going to like it. But I can guarantee you many others will.
Does anyone like zero tolerance policies on matters that aren't black and white? What's wrong with moderators reading the room, warning sooner, and doing what's good for the community? Isn't that what moderators are for?
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 542
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by sneakly »

I have had my say. I would not have pursued the topic, except that it was in a thread clearly marked as other topics/misc.
Image
User avatar
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3679
Joined: 19 years ago
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 174 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by MightyHypnotic »

Imagineer wrote: 1 year ago
MightyHypnotic wrote: 1 year ago We are going to be taking a zero tolerance stance towards political talk or attacks on this forum. This time I mean it and some of you aren't going to like it. But I can guarantee you many others will.
Does anyone like zero tolerance policies on matters that aren't black and white? What's wrong with moderators reading the room, warning sooner, and doing what's good for the community? Isn't that what moderators are for?
I'm guessing they don't like zero tolerance policies. Do you also know what a lot of people don't like? Every thread devolving into a political snipe-fest. If it's not black and white when it starts out, there are enough on here to make sure these threads turn into that and then I get messages from other users telling me this isn't what they signed up for and I agree with them.

I know this is hard for some of you to believe but it's not enjoyable to a vast majority of users on here. I'm not singling you out Imagineer, I'm addressing everyone who is participating in the one thing I've asked them not to do.
It's enough already.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 6608
Joined: 12 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 414 times
Been thanked: 555 times
Wales

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by tallyho »

I am 6 hrs ahead of the states and a lot of the time it's 2am here when it starts to kick off and I don't have time to read thru a lot of what's being said so 'calm it down please' is about all I can manage without staying up for another hour to wade through who said what.
I haven't helped things either when I have reacted to people who can somehow believe someone who has made 30,000 misleading or outright false statements in just 4 years. Just find it staggering. When some of those lies get repeated here it's hard not to react. But I acknowledge it doesn't help.
We have had past debates about political policy affecting the industry, I assume in such threads we might exercise some leeway or are we just not going to have such threads full stop?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
User avatar
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 608
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: The Great (mostly) Frozen North
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 34 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Philo Hunter »

Just want to verbalize that I'm really happy to see these changes coming. Like KnightsofGotham, I also frequently get the feeling of not wanting to come here and post cause what's the point, it will always devolve into the same discussion. It's especially frustrating/disheartening in the topics about movies/TV shows.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 698
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Imagineer »

MightyHypnotic wrote: 1 year ago I'm guessing they don't like zero tolerance policies. Do you also know what a lot of people don't like? Every thread devolving into a political snipe-fest.
I don't like it either. This thread was wrecked. But, honest question, was this a political thread from the beginning? If not, are moderators clear on where and how they should intervene if the thread were to play out now? I'm not asking you to call that out in public, but maybe if you reach out to those posters privately about where the line is, those posters can take it as instruction.

Did the thread on The Falcon And The Winter Soldier cross the line?

Is it possible to have a COVID-19 thread without politics?

Will you close the political dungeon? I wonder about its utility. The intransigent and the incorrigible can surely PM each other or exchange email addresses.
User avatar
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2507
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Heroine Addict »

It's not limited to this forum. "Culture Wars" crap seems to have poisoned every area of online discourse.

While it's tempting to imagine that a cabal of left or right-leaning puritans are somehow bullying the poor media/tech billionaires, the responsibility for any executive decision you don't like ultimately falls upon the leadership within the actual businesses. The focus on a notional "mob" is misleading. It really doesn't matter if the "outrage" consisted of 100,000 complainers when just 1 complaint can be deemed valid and upheld by the decision makers within Twitter and other large companies.

In instances where people are actively lobbying for censorship by government, as frequently happens to the fetish industry, then it's perfectly valid to push back against those political views. However, 90% or more of the political shitshow threads on here are based on executive decisions by private businesses and content creators.

If you don't like the apparent ideological stance of a business, don't deal with it. Simple as that. It's just an ideological wank fantasy to think that all these multi-billion dollar businesses secretly agree with you and would love to provide the voices/content you like, if only they weren't being bullied into submission by a "mob" of political Others.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
User avatar
RedMountain
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 941
Joined: 17 years ago
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 29 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by RedMountain »

I can certainly echo many of the comments that I've started visiting this forum less and less, as it feels it has become less about superheroines and more about how many political dramas people can get into in these threads. It is amusing though, as a political independent it amuses me how emotionally involved people get in it when at the end of the day none of the politicians on either side of the aisle give two craps about you, they only care about their lobbyist friends and the size of their bank accounts. So many waste so much emotional energy on it. It's hilarious how deep down the rabbit hole some on both sides go.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 698
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Imagineer »

RedMountain wrote: 1 year ago I can certainly echo many of the comments that I've started visiting this forum less and less, as it feels it has become less about superheroines and more about how many political dramas people can get into in these threads.
Maybe you should have stopped there.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

Omg... it might be happening! You guys! It might actually die!

Keep your fingers crossed.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago Omg... it might be happening! You guys! It might actually die!

Keep your fingers crossed.
Yes let it die!!
User avatar
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2507
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Heroine Addict »

Who could have predicted that Twitter would be destroyed so rapidly by one man's mid-life crisis?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

Heroine Addict wrote: 2 months ago Who could have predicted that Twitter would be destroyed so rapidly by one man's mid-life crisis?
I guess if I was really thinking about it, a mid life crisis does sound like the sort of thing most capable of destroying an otherwise perfectly stable business platform...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 87 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dazzle1 »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago
Heroine Addict wrote: 2 months ago Who could have predicted that Twitter would be destroyed so rapidly by one man's mid-life crisis?
I guess if I was really thinking about it, a mid life crisis does sound like the sort of thing most capable of destroying an otherwise perfectly stable business platform...
Nothing really stable or business like about Twitter, unlike say LinkedIn or even Meta. Twitter was run by a Cancel Culture bunch of Wikipedia like fascists, so Musk was right in firing them on day 1
User avatar
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2507
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Heroine Addict »

Regardless of whether you agreed with their previous decisions, actually having moderation and blue check verification allowed Twitter to comply with the FTC and not get sued into oblivion.

The current debacle has created so much legal liability that the whole business will probably be gone within days. Most of the advertisers are gone. Essential staff have jumped ship to protect themselves from prosecution. The replacement $8 blue check scheme was used almost exclusively for trolling.

Maybe Elon is playing some sort of advanced 4-D Chess that mere mortals can't possibly understand. Or maybe he has thrown $45 billion down the drain on Twitter while also tanking Tesla stock in the process. It certainly does not look like a good business move.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
User avatar
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 87 times
Germany

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Maskripper »

What a smart move that was.... :giggle: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Image

Maybe Musk wanted to destroy Twitter in the first place. But why? Certainly an expensive move for him.
Or he is just stupid....
(which is hard to believe somehow, maybe he is just crazy)
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant
Posts: 195
Joined: 17 years ago
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by tamonicus »

Maybe Musk wanted to destroy Twitter in the first place. But why? Certainly an expensive move for him.
Or he is just stupid....
(which is hard to believe somehow, maybe he is just crazy)
I was working on my MBA when Mercedes bought Chrysler. Dieter Zetsche, the Mercedes CEO, claimed not only would the combined company dominate all facets of auto markets, but it would also vertically integrate into other businesses like auto insurance. I thought he overreached and said so. My classmates hailed him as a genius and me as an idiot. I might be an idiot, but a vindicated one.

Just because you're smart and rich doesn't mean you can't do something colossally stupid.
Last edited by tamonicus 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RedMountain
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 941
Joined: 17 years ago
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 29 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by RedMountain »

From what I understand they were already hemorrhaging money under prior ownership/management and were hardly making much from ad revenue as most of the "kids these days" use instagram and tiktok now, twitter and Facebook are kind of the dying platforms. I believe that's why he tried to back out of buying it in the first place because he found out how much money trouble they were in and they sued him to keep him in the deal. He had to take out nearly $13 billion in debt to buy the company and most analysts have been on record saying he paid almost double what twitter was worth so it was a bad business decision all around. If it winds up finally tanking twitter, I think there are a lot of people who will say "good riddance" lol.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 997
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Dogfish »

Twitter was doing okay before this. The problem is that venture capitalist tech bro weirdos are always like, "If this thing isn't growing forever then it has failed!" With a bit of adjustment Twitter could have been fine by any meaningful assessment, especially by recognising that it wasn't for everyone.

Instead Musk got sucked into buying it thinking he could transform it into the perfect social media app that everybody wants to use, and it could break him. Firstly because he has no idea what a social media website ought to be like, at all. He made this patently clear with his concept of what he wants Twitter to be. Day one of his takeover there's something like a 500% rise in hate speech on the platform. Nobody wants to hang out with Nazis. That's why the websites that cater to 'free speech' as defined by far right weirdos are not very often used. Overnight advertisers bailed because they didn't want to be associated with the platform. His short lived idea for the eight dollar checkmark netted him something like $488K. Nearly half a million bucks gained versus billions lost in ad revenue. So he's going to fail and that leads us to why he might get into bother.

The thing is there are rules to the world, even if you are crazy rich, and one of those rules is you don't fuck with rich people's money. It would be fine, if expensive, for Musk to say, "LOL, LMAO, I make-a the pizza, I destroy-a the Twitter!" if he had just paid for it with his own money, but he borrowed a lot. He owes one billion a year just in interest payments.

He could lose control of Tesla behind this. Tens of billions of dollars have been wiped off his holdings already.

Also, this whole business with allowing any old prankster to buy a checkmark and pretend to be a corporation, that's cost other extremely rich people a shitload of money. The pranks on Lockheed Martin and a couple of pharmaceutical companies have dented their share values. As funny as that is, I doubt they are laughing.

What we're seeing I think is a person with economically libertarian ideas running headlong into very uncharitable economic realities. . It probably won't survive.


{MOD EDIT Political references removed from the last paragraph}
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 6608
Joined: 12 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 414 times
Been thanked: 555 times
Wales

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by tallyho »

I hope Musk doesn't get involved in any big scandals on Twitter, as Elon-gate could take a very long time to resolve....

:giggle: Baa-dum cha!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 297
Joined: 9 years ago
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 49 times
Great Britain

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by ivandobsky »

Interested to see where this goes. Not sure how much Musk cares about the money. Doing something about Twitter is a wonderful thing.
Visitor
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1149
Joined: 13 years ago
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Visitor »

ivandobsky wrote: 2 months ago Interested to see where this goes. Not sure how much Musk cares about the money. Doing something about Twitter is a wonderful thing.
Musk may not care about money, but the groups that financed the buyout do. They aren't like the ones that loaned money to Trump. He's already sold off more Tesla shares to have cash flow to cover interest payments and buy time,

Twitter is going down because advertisers are fleeing with no moderation to protect their brand when for $8 someone could set up a fake account with their name and derogatory content.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

I'm a bit surprised to be seeing ANY of this 'maybe Elon's playing culture chess?' crap considering how horrifically this is impacting him financially. If his goal was just to destroy Twitter, then he could have gone about it more strategically than purchasing it well out of his means and then losing yet MORE of his own personal capitol on top of that by tanking its stock. Most 'rich genius' schemes don't result in a near catastrophic loss of capital. Rich genius's do things to make themselves more rich, not to make themselves poorer AND piss off their rich friends on top of it all.

He's an idiot, he did a stupid thing for a stupid reason, and if we're lucky his stupidity will rid us of both Twitter AND him with the same stone. We aren't that lucky so it certainly wont, but we might damn well just get Twitter, and for now that'd be good enough.
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 466 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Mr. X »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago
He's an idiot, he did a stupid thing for a stupid reason, and if we're lucky his stupidity will rid us of both Twitter AND him with the same stone. We aren't that lucky so it certainly wont, but we might damn well just get Twitter, and for now that'd be good enough.
Richest man in the world. Hardly an idiot. This is a game level you and I cannot understand. Could be he brings his name to the venture, people invest, stock goes up, he bails and then the place crashes. Billionaires do this all the time. There was a company that recently crashed that was set up in this very manner to generate buzz, venture capital, get a high stock price, then the principle member's sold out and collected the high stock price. Then the company collapsed.

But I wouldn't even try to judge the richest man in the world for his business decisions. People don't get rich by having money fall on them. Wait and see what happens.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

Mr. X wrote: 2 months ago
Femina wrote: 2 months ago
He's an idiot, he did a stupid thing for a stupid reason, and if we're lucky his stupidity will rid us of both Twitter AND him with the same stone. We aren't that lucky so it certainly wont, but we might damn well just get Twitter, and for now that'd be good enough.
Richest man in the world. Hardly an idiot. This is a game level you and I cannot understand. Could be he brings his name to the venture, people invest, stock goes up, he bails and then the place crashes. Billionaires do this all the time. There was a company that recently crashed that was set up in this very manner to generate buzz, venture capital, get a high stock price, then the principle member's sold out and collected the high stock price. Then the company collapsed.

But I wouldn't even try to judge the richest man in the world for his business decisions. People don't get rich by having money fall on them. Wait and see what happens.
When you purchase a company for 20% of your net worth because you feel but hurt that your speech is being fact checked and then run it into the ground instantly so hard that even its most supportive userbase have morphed into what are essentially hilarious anarchists, then you're an idiot.

Let's not mince meat here about what 'scheme' he might be playing. Musk isn't rich cause he's a genius. He's rich cause his spawn point was a fucking inherited emerald mine. Any one of us could make pretty well of ourselves with that. It's arguable at least that he's maybe smarter even than others in his sphere of influence thus aiding in his overcoming their degree of wealth...

none of that makes his purchase and failure with Twitter the actions of an intelligent man. He was but hurt that he wasn't allowed to lie and cheat on Twitter, so he made the stupidest purchase of his life.
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 466 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Mr. X »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago
When you purchase a company for 20% of your net worth because you feel but hurt that your speech is being fact checked and then run it into the ground instantly so hard that even its most supportive userbase have morphed into what are essentially hilarious anarchists, then you're an idiot.
You don't know THAT is the main reason. Again you're heavily speculating. So what he stated some stuff in the news somewhere. You can't be certain that's the only reason.

Plus I don't think things are really going to change all that much. And if it is free speech then none of the speech the complainers are complaining about goes away. It just means the complainers can no longer be the church ladies and control what they don't like or mislabeling things as hate or misinformation. And misinformation is not a thing. If it were illegal then all advertising would be illegal.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

Mr. X wrote: 2 months ago
Femina wrote: 2 months ago
When you purchase a company for 20% of your net worth because you feel but hurt that your speech is being fact checked and then run it into the ground instantly so hard that even its most supportive userbase have morphed into what are essentially hilarious anarchists, then you're an idiot.
You don't know THAT is the main reason. Again you're heavily speculating. So what he stated some stuff in the news somewhere. You can't be certain that's the only reason.

Plus I don't think things are really going to change all that much. And if it is free speech then none of the speech the complainers are complaining about goes away. It just means the complainers can no longer be the church ladies and control what they don't like or mislabeling things as hate or misinformation. And misinformation is not a thing. If it were illegal then all advertising would be illegal.
I mean, he hasn't really been mum as to his motives. He continually expresses he's doing this cause he believed Twitter was attacking free speech. Like, it was basically his whole shtick on this subject. Then, after he got it, turned out free speech didn't matter to him that much after all cause he's banned several people already just for calling him a knob.

Look Twitter wasn't ever really 'censoring' anyone. It banned TRUMP and a few outliers who REPEATEDLY violated the terms and conditions of the website, but the thing Elon whines about as an attack on his free speech was always the little 'blurb' that popped up under blatant misinformation alerting folks that the facts of the tweet are in dispute. That's not an attack on free speech, that's just providing information that this persons opinion is in question or else entirely inaccurate... like you know, in case an insane sect of America were trying to rewrite science and say the world is flat, and young impressionable minds don't just read that from some famous dumbass and take it as indisputable fact.

On that note, HILARIOUSLY the idiot hasn't even taken Twitter down in order to clean it out and put it back in the way he wants it. He forgot to remove the fact checking technology entirely Image

So I say again. Idiot.
Visitor
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1149
Joined: 13 years ago
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Visitor »

Companies are going to pull advertising because they are getting financially hurt by Twitter's slow response to fake accounts. This was just one company that saw its stock drop after fake posts appeared to be from the company:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/much-did-twi ... 00610.html

Whereas if you criticize Musk, prepare to be banned and fired if you work for him:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-pub ... 32343.html
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 466 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Mr. X »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago So I say again. Idiot.
You're going to go by some tweets? Not by examining his books, his long term goals, the fact he maybe blowing smoke on twitter? I'm certainly not going to appraise the tactics of someone who has billions more than I could win even in the lottery.

The only other way you get rich is like the FTX guy but that's short lived.
User avatar
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: 14 years ago
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 302 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by sugarcoater »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago
Mr. X wrote: 2 months ago
Femina wrote: 2 months ago
When you purchase a company for 20% of your net worth because you feel but hurt that your speech is being fact checked and then run it into the ground instantly so hard that even its most supportive userbase have morphed into what are essentially hilarious anarchists, then you're an idiot.
You don't know THAT is the main reason. Again you're heavily speculating. So what he stated some stuff in the news somewhere. You can't be certain that's the only reason.

Plus I don't think things are really going to change all that much. And if it is free speech then none of the speech the complainers are complaining about goes away. It just means the complainers can no longer be the church ladies and control what they don't like or mislabeling things as hate or misinformation. And misinformation is not a thing. If it were illegal then all advertising would be illegal.
I mean, he hasn't really been mum as to his motives. He continually expresses he's doing this cause he believed Twitter was attacking free speech. Like, it was basically his whole shtick on this subject. Then, after he got it, turned out free speech didn't matter to him that much after all cause he's banned several people already just for calling him a knob.

Look Twitter wasn't ever really 'censoring' anyone. It banned TRUMP and a few outliers who REPEATEDLY violated the terms and conditions of the website, but the thing Elon whines about as an attack on his free speech was always the little 'blurb' that popped up under blatant misinformation alerting folks that the facts of the tweet are in dispute. That's not an attack on free speech, that's just providing information that this persons opinion is in question or else entirely inaccurate... like you know, in case an insane sect of America were trying to rewrite science and say the world is flat, and young impressionable minds don't just read that from some famous dumbass and take it as indisputable fact.

On that note, HILARIOUSLY the idiot hasn't even taken Twitter down in order to clean it out and put it back in the way he wants it. He forgot to remove the fact checking technology entirely Image

So I say again. Idiot.
Twitter wasn’t censoring anyone?! Seriously?
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
User avatar
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: 14 years ago
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 302 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by sugarcoater »

Fwiw, one article suggesting there may be censorship afoot with Twitter in the past (and I can think of several phrases and ideas being completely censored on Twitter).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitter-be ... 1660732095
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

sugarcoater wrote: 2 months ago Fwiw, one article suggesting there may be censorship afoot with Twitter in the past (and I can think of several phrases and ideas being completely censored on Twitter).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitter-be ... 1660732095
That's fair, and thanks for pointing that out as it wasn't really what I meant to imply anyway. Poor usage of language on my part. Censoring, yes. People may not like it, but everyone is actually within their legal right to censor you when participating in their forum, this isn't a 'Twitter' issue. Attacking your free speech. No. They don't actually even have the power or authority to be a threat to your free speech. Twitter is a platform, a 'forum'. It has no judiciary, legislative, or executive authority with which to attack your free speech (outside bribing senators and shit I guess but that's influence not 'authority'). Twitter's power rests entirely with the influence its users provide to it. There maybe OUGHT to be laws regulating and policing influence at this juncture considering how powerful influence has proven to be, but that's a whole different conversation which almost certainly WOULD involve a lot of careful thought as not to trample over freedom of speech and other such staple freedoms.

No shirt, no shoes, no service. When on premises you don't OWN you have certain rules you're obligated to follow lest you be ordered to vacate the premise. We comprehend this more clearly, and accept it with less fuss, within physical spaces... but Twitter is essentially a 'virtual' building where our digital presence is allowed to hang out with the owners permission.

Freedom of Speech is NOT FREEDOM OF CONSEQUENCE. It only prevents you from going to jail over what you say (and as I've said elsewhere there are even LONG standing caveats to this where threats and stuff are concerned which we ALSO accept with little fuss). It doesn't mean you can say whatever you want to someone (or many someones) and that they just have to listen quietly. It doesn't mean you get to spout lies in a public forum and not be called out on it, and if that forum has a 'no lies or misinformation' policy it doesn't prevent you from being kicked the fuck out of the forum. You don't go to JAIL for being kicked out of the forum, you just got kicked out of the forum. There aren't any laws protecting your right to be in the forum... in point of fact there's more laws PREVENTING you from being in the forum without authorization to be there.
Last edited by Femina 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 466 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Mr. X »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago That's fair, and thanks for pointing that out as it wasn't really what I meant to imply anyway. Poor usage of language on my part. Censoring, yes. People may not like it, but everyone is actually within their legal right to censor you when participating in their forum, this isn't a 'Twitter' issue. Attacking your free speech.
That's fine as long as this is afforded to any other entity AND that we stop the practice of labeling speech one doesn't like as "hate speech" so one can enact the government to block it.

You built a factory out there, good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads that the rest of us paid for. You hired workers that the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for.
Elizabeth Warren's social contract argument on why you cannot pick and choose your customers.

I don't agree with the right that Twitter has to provide free speech. But one has to pick a lane. There cannot be a simultaneous private property argument while then enacting a social contract argument. If Twitter can pick and choose so can a baker who bakes a wedding cake. And you cannot willy nilly label things "hate speech" with no objective definition of "hate speech". Also hate speech is still speech. You cannot incite violence ie call for violence but that puts a lot of groups in the dog house like antifa, blm etc.

No clear rules and no principles means no real argument.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 173 times
United States of America

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Femina »

Mr. X wrote: 2 months ago
Femina wrote: 2 months ago That's fair, and thanks for pointing that out as it wasn't really what I meant to imply anyway. Poor usage of language on my part. Censoring, yes. People may not like it, but everyone is actually within their legal right to censor you when participating in their forum, this isn't a 'Twitter' issue. Attacking your free speech.
That's fine as long as this is afforded to any other entity AND that speech you don't like is labeled "hate speech" so one can enact the government to block it.
I had a whole thing written up in response to this... but I don't think its necessary on second thought. For the purposes of this thread, Twitter, and the argument at hand, I don't think we need to discuss or factor Hate Speech. It wasn't Hate Speech that brought about the censoring and fact checking on Twitter, it was lies and misinformation. For the purposes of this conversation, hate speech amendments to free speech don't actually matter.
Elizabeth Warren's social contract argument on why you cannot pick and choose your customers.

I don't agree with the right that Twitter has to provide free speech. But one has to pick a lane. There cannot be a simultaneous private property argument while then enacting a social contract argument. If Twitter can pick and choose so can a baker who bakes a wedding cake. And you cannot willy nilly label things "hate speech" with no objective definition of "hate speech". Also hate speech is still speech. You cannot incite violence ie call for violence but that puts a lot of groups in the dog house like antifa, blm etc.

No clear rules and no principles means no real argument.
Twitter can't pick and choose any more or less than the baker shop. BOTH are equally obligated not to refuse service based on how you were born. The law is already equal in this sphere. Perhaps one may wish to argue for or against this... be my guest... somewhere else. It doesn't have much to do with this topic. Again, hate speech doesn't factor into this discussion. Hate speech is majorly censored EVERYWHYERE and isn't the REASON the right mobilized against Twitter as an enemy to free speech. Essentially Trump, and those like him, being kicked off the platform for consistently dropping blatant, influential, lies. It's the reason that Musk provides as to why he made the purchase, and god willing it is the reason that Twitter will go the fuck away forever.
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 466 times

Re: Fuck Twitter

Post by Mr. X »

Femina wrote: 2 months ago
Twitter can't pick and choose any more or less than the baker shop. BOTH are equally obligated not to refuse service based on how you were born.

Sighh.... special pleading. You once more created a category that does not exist. "Born with" is no different of a get out of jail free card than "hate speech".

When you stop with the semantic shell game then there can be a discussion. Used car salesman is not the way to solve a problem.
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Misc Topics, Links and Pics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests