Run Hide Fight (2021)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Last night I caught the debut movie from Ben Shapiro's new movie production arm of The Daily Wire. Its purpose is to make entertaining fare that normal people can watch without having to sit through constant Hollywood woke virtue signaling. So
if you're a fan of Cobra Kai, whatever Kevin Sorbo is doing, and pretty much any action blockbusters before 2013,
it's probably in your wheelhouse.

It's called "Run Hide Fight" and is an edgy, mainstream action thriller starring newcomer Isabel May as the main protagonist.
The movie is about a desperate school shooting situation in a rural town, and Isabel plays the 17-year-old blonde high school
senior who must become the daring heroine to save the day.

An elevator pitch would probably boil it down to "Elephant" (the Gus Van Sant school shooter movie from 2003) meets "Die Hard".
Isabel's character gets in a decent amount of peril while trying to take down the bad guys. The production does its best to make her look haggard and winded during her travails, but she is still pretty gorgeous. Unknown actress Catherine Davis is also pretty good as the goth chick henchwoman to the main villain (getting some Scott Pilgrim vibes, although this movie is serious).

Here's what Isabel looks like on the red carpet. She might have a future in action flicks and maybe even superhero movies.
Love to see her play Black Canary or Supergirl.
isabel may run hide fight.jpg
isabel may run hide fight.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
Damselbinder

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Last night I caught the debut movie from Ben Shapiro's new movie production arm of The Daily Wire. Its purpose is to make entertaining fare that normal people can watch without having to sit through constant Hollywood woke virtue signaling. So
if you're a fan of Cobra Kai, whatever Kevin Sorbo is doing, and pretty much any action blockbusters before 2013,

It's called "Run Hide Fight" and is an edgy, mainstream action thriller starring newcomer Isabel May as the main protagonist.
The movie is about a desperate school shooting situation in a rural town, and Isabel plays the 17-year-old blonde high school

An elevator pitch would probably boil it down to "Elephant" (the Gus Van Sant school shooter movie from 2003) meets "Die Hard".
Isabel's character gets in a decent amount of peril while trying to take down the bad guys. The production does its best to make her look haggard and winded during her travails, but she is still pretty gorgeous. Unknown actress Catherine Davis is also pretty good as the goth chick henchwoman to the main villain (getting some Scott Pilgrim vibes, although this movie is serious).

Here's what Isabel looks like on the red carpet. She might have a future in action flicks and maybe even superhero movies.

Ben Shapiro... the movie producer.

...ok.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Interesting! In a predicable inversion from the norm, "Rotten Tomatoes" critics hate it, human beings like it.
Damselbinder

Man I just love that this studio is producing completely apolitical, crowd-pleasing story like having a deadly school shooting with incompetent pansyish officials and the day is saved by the main character shooting back. So refreshing and old-fashioned.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is Aquaman in this?

"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
3 years ago
Is Aquaman in this?

Yeah kind of dopey. Who do they sell the houses to?

Do you really think they would wait till the water actually reached the house before they sold?
And basically if a climate change person thought the seas would rise wouldn't they liquidate their home NOW before the water is a threat? Get out of Seattle or New York or Florida? Or would they wait till the housing market was "under water"? ABC news said in 2007 New York would be under water by 2014. Why didn't all the climate change believers evacuate?

I think his point is people evacuate. They don't just watch the water slowly rise up. Look up the Salton sea. As conditions got worse people bailed. Now they didn't "sell" but they do get out.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Heroine Addict wrote:
3 years ago
Is Aquaman in this?

Yeah kind of dopey. Who do they sell the houses to?

Do you really think they would wait till the water actually reached the house before they sold?
And basically if a climate change person thought the seas would rise wouldn't they liquidate their home NOW before the water is a threat? Get out of Seattle or New York or Florida? Or would they wait till the housing market was "under water"? ABC news said in 2007 New York would be under water by 2014. Why didn't all the climate change believers evacuate?

I think his point is people evacuate. They don't just watch the water slowly rise up. Look up the Salton sea. As conditions got worse people bailed. Now they didn't "sell" but they do get out.
You're absolutely right. If I knew the water was a-comin', I'd definitely liquidate my home. And I would definitely be able to find someone willing to invest in a home that's going to be underwater in a few years.

You're also absolutely right when you say that, if I recognize the reality of climate change, I am therefore committed to believing any claim which uses climate change as an explanation, no matter how ludicrous, no matter what the source, and if - at any time - anyone ever makes any claim that uses climate change as an explanation that turns out to be wrong, that disproves the reality of climate change. Preach.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
You're absolutely right. If I knew the water was a-comin', I'd definitely liquidate my home. And I would definitely be able to find someone willing to invest in a home that's going to be underwater in a few years.

Depends. For example some people leave Florida due to hurricanes and others buy the homes. Why do they do that?
As I pointed out with the salton sea example more than likely people will just abandon property.

However if one does think climate change will make the seas rise to a damaging level then why would they not evacuate now?
You're also absolutely right when you say that, if I recognize the reality of climate change, I am therefore committed to believing any claim which uses climate change as an explanation, no matter how ludicrous, no matter what the source, and if - at any time - anyone ever makes any claim that uses climate change as an explanation that turns out to be wrong, that disproves the reality of climate change. Preach.
But I would say the same thing that because I may REJECT ludicrous claims does not mean I am a DENIER and in fact the people making ludicrous claims are CREATING skeptics.

However the video is referring to a ludicrous claim that these house WILL BE under water due to climate change.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Related:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Imagineer wrote:
3 years ago
Related:
So nobody in Seattle, LA, San Fran, New York, Miami, Houston right now who are zealous believers in man made, catastrophic climate change can possibly ever sell their homes? Ever? Take a look at the Seattle market. Over priced homes and low inventory.

And where was the mass exodus 10 years ago? 20 years ago? ABC news said in 2007 New York would be under water by 2014. Where was the mass exodus of New York climate change believers? Where was the call for the national guard to evacuate? And where were the "about science" people calling this news report garbage and telling ABC they are misleading people and will most likely create skeptics?

As I stated earlier. Not buying into absurd claims of climate change does not make someone a denier. And before someone chimes in that not buying into absurd claims doesn't mean you don't believe in climate change - this video directly is making absurd climate change claims. First 30 seconds or so establishes this.

By all means go ahead and think humans contribute. I agree with all three questions on the Duran study. But then don't vote for massive useless taxes, subsidies to mostly upper class bourgeoisie elitists to buys luxury EVs and solar panels, don't gimp the economy and don't use force against the rest of us. ANY legislation you push will make CORPORATIONS RICHER. They are already under the apple tree with their baskets and they figured out how to game the system over 30 years ago. Royal Shell pushing the Paris Accords cause they want oil and coal to be more expensive. Corporations bought and corrupted climate change a long time ago.

The US is STELLAR on co2 reductions. We're almost at 1998 levels. Even the EPA admits this. Don't defend China or India or Russia while shitting on your own country.

Is this really about climate change or is this yet another example of the elite bourgeoisie hijacking a cause to brow beat, bully and guilt trip the serfs?

Also wouldn't the climate change zealots need deniers and skeptics around so they buy their homes?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago

The film sounds interesting. Is it in theatres right now or is it on a streaming service?
shevek
Producer
Producer

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
shevek wrote:
3 years ago
The film sounds interesting. Is it in theatres right now or is it on a streaming service?
It's not available through Amazon, Hulu or Netflix, and I think this might be done on purpose to avoid gatekeeping.
If all three of those streaming services would have denied it outright, that would have been serious evidence of collusion.

Unless I'm wrong, the only way you can pay for it is by subscribing to the Daily Wire (which I did not do).
However it is also quite freely available "elsewhere", even as of today.
Pretty sure this was done on purpose, as well - they could be clamping down but they choose not to, in order to drum up
word-of-mouth outside their own usual publicity bubble, including "hate-watchers".

Also, I had no intention of this thread diverting to a tangential topic like the value of beachfront property, but hey, I'm not surprised that it did, so....yinz do yinz.