Favourite Superhero/ine Music

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I was thinking about my favourite superhero related soundtracks. I realized how closely it's related to what I like anyway, which I don't think is a coincidence...

1. Superman (Christopher Reeve) I to III (I can't watch IIII) - I always loved John Williams/Ken Thorne amazing scores to these films, and it has a strong nostalgia for me. Although, when I was a kid, I did use to say it was a Star Wars rip-off.
2. Batman / Returns (Michael Keaton) - I never thought they would get more epic than the catchy sixties theme, but this was just brilliant. The last iconic superhero music for me.
3. Wonder Woman TV series (Season 3). I felt the title music was the best in the third season.
4. Supergirl (Helen Slater) - John Goldsmith did a fantastic job to simultaneously compose an original score that keeps in with the style of Superman, so, it sounds related like cousins!
5. Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) - While still not quite outdoing the TV theme, I expect this to become a modern classic.

What are yours?
Damselbinder

I found Danny Elfman's soundtrack for the original Spider-Man film from 2002 to be rather stirring. It fit the larger-than-life 60s comic book atmosphere of the story.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I loved the Kickass theme.
Not sure if it was original but I thought it was brilliant

How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Okay, this is a bit of a stretch but stay with me. If we can accept the proposition that Maximus was a superhero (had a battle suit, a secret identity, wore a mask, had seemingly superhuman fighting skills, sacrificed for good), then I nominate the theme from Gladiator. Best movie theme ever.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I can only assume you don't get out much :giggle:

Bit of a dirge if you ask me with a good bit in the middle

(PLUS, what about all the great James Bond themes? :giggle:)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I found Danny Elfman's soundtrack for the original Spider-Man film from 2002 to be rather stirring. It fit the larger-than-life 60s comic book atmosphere of the story.
I did think about that, like, Spiderman had a good tune didn't it? It's been too long since I watched it. I can't remember now.
Bert

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I can only assume you don't get out much :giggle:

Bit of a dirge if you ask me with a good bit in the middle

(PLUS, what about all the great James Bond themes? :giggle:)
I was going to disparage your "Kickass" choice in return for the vicious mauling you delivered to my pick, but I had a listen first because I'd forgotten it. Dang it, it's really good! Not as good as Gladiator though! :ras:
Damselbinder

Deceiver wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I did think about that, like, Spiderman had a good tune didn't it? It's been too long since I watched it. I can't remember now.
It's gets a bit standard Danny Elfman at time ("teetely-teetely-teetely-teetely-BOM-BOM-BOM-BOM"), but it's one of his better ones, methinks.
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

a classic.................
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel