Hi All, Long time lurker

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

Hi my name is Shzam, fan of superheroine peril and all that for a while now.

Have used this forum mainly for stories so thanks to all the writers out there.

Making this post mainly to get some clarity around the forums. What's the difference of the "Superheroine Stories" forum vs the "Heroine Dungeon Stories"? Is there a clear line that delineates them?

While not much of a creative myself, as an avid reader I've come across some great stories over the years, some in other languages.

Recently I've been translating/editing a great Wonder Woman story from an old defunct Japanese site whose author hasn't been heard from in at least 15 years (or at least I can find nothing but archived sites). The writer Duck (Dack?) from http://duckdff.ath.cx/heroine.html

Would that be something I can post in the stories forum?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Welcome formally, glad you lurk no more.

If you have been here in the shadows for a while you probably know your way around but if not post any questions here and myself or DrDominator9 will try and help you.

Have a great time
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

Welcome, Shzam.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hi Shzam, welcome to the forum!

Regarding your question about the dungeon and regular stories there was a recent-ish debate on the topic here ...

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33245

Basically there is a bit of self regulation here and in general the honour system works - the human beings that we are usually can tilt our heads, look at our written story with narrowed eyes and decide ... yeah, this violent-at-gunpoint-non-consensual-sex scene between a half-beaten-to-death-heroine and a gang of mobsters in a back alley probably means this goes in the dungeon. Whereas this initially non-consensual-sex scene between a drousy-pleasure-drugged heroine and her nemesis on a plush waterbed and who convinces said heroine to become bad too is probably going to be just fine in the regular section.

Yeah, okay, I am being simplistic, but usually if you are in a grey area then going for dungeon is perhaps safer. Look at the thread I mentioned and note that some of the commenters are mods of the forum. You'll see this isn't a clear cut topic with a perfect right or wrong answer.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My understanding, which is admitted limited, is that the Dungeon is generally for the darker stuff: bondage, non-consensual, rape, etc.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes Dungeon tends to be heroine loses badly, is tortured brutally, assaulted and sometimes dies.

Stories section has the rest, non fatal defeats, some sexual assault but often wins thru to save the day.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Welcome to the forum shzam!