Original heroines, yet again again again

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
Mikeunmaskem
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

One simple question!!!!!! Yes, take this as a loud shout!! I’m not a writer, yet!!! Otherwise I would come up with my own heroine and will, soon!! However, this forum is all about original stories, and they may be, yet are tarnished!! Why?? Because most, I would say 65% is of at least established comic book heroines!!! I’m tired of Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman flooding original material!! Get some guts, put out original heroines!! Or are you like the no talent Hollywood movie scene. Do remakes of old movies!! Case closed!!!!!!! Mic drop!!!!!!
Bert

I see you went to the Trump School of Understated Prose and Punctuation. T'SUPP???
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I'm surprised. Normally, the Trump School of Understated Prose and Punctuation(tm) usually likes to begin their diatribe by using ALL CAPS FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO TO SHOW THAT THEY ARE TALKING REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUDLY AND BIGLY!!!
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I mean he does have a point.

There's a very conservative "unless this has wonder woman in 4 ply sheer tights being debooted and doing at least 5 spinning transformations while being defeated by Qanon nazis.... I ain't interested" element in this fandom

Not that you don't get great stories and films from time to time, but me I like a bit of novelty and newness
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's been discussed at length here before but there are valid reasons for going with established characters rather than creating original ones.
I don't have much time to myself to read but what I have read on this site would point to most of the originality coming in the creation of the villains that the heroines face. I've written 16 or so stories here and whilst they have been about the big 3 of SG, BG and WW, I don't think I have ever had them face an established villain once.
Partly because everyone knows writing villains is the fun part. I am working on an o. c. character but it's just one project of many.
The other thing you will realise when you do post here is that people rarely say anything on your work, and even less so if its an O. C.
Don't forget that it was established characters that got us into this genre, and consequently irs established characters that we have tended to fantasise about. It's only natural that when we put pen to paper to make manifest what we want to see happening to those characters it's that that we write about.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

i have a lot of custom videos with Original heroines in them check out my custom story's with the pictures page to see them.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mikeunmaskem wrote:
3 years ago
One simple question!!!!!! Yes, take this as a loud shout!! I’m not a writer, yet!!! Otherwise I would come up with my own heroine and will, soon!! However, this forum is all about original stories, and they may be, yet are tarnished!! Why?? Because most, I would say 65% is of at least established comic book heroines!!! I’m tired of Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman flooding original material!! Get some guts, put out original heroines!! Or are you like the no talent Hollywood movie scene. Do remakes of old movies!! Case closed!!!!!!! Mic drop!!!!!!
Everyone can be an author, some end up better than others. Suggestion to getting better stories on this site are 1) write them yourself. They don’t need to be long, a vignette that describes a favorite scene may be enough. Write a whole book if you want. 2) Give positive commentary on other’s work. Authors that never get feed back lose interest in writing. Many write for themselves, but they don’t need to publish here. I have been disheartened to see the lack of feedback on posts. Maybe this forum is dying from neglect, even just a like button to show you approve of a post or story would be helpful.

But a non-author stating his expectations without taking a stab at himself will surely not help. OC are labor intensive, you not only need a heroine and a villain and a plot, you need to do the world building that explains the rules. It can be a lot of fun but it can take some thought. In return many readers who are looking for a particular character or them may not give it a read because they don’t recognize the brand. Batgirl fairly often goes as short hand for BDSM stories. We, SG... are code to genre stories. Mention Catwoman and you can bet either plowing Batman or lesbians.

Write few hundred words that you would like to read and you get what you want.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Please note we DO have a LIKE BUTTON but MH may not have got around to adding it to all sub forums yet.

It's the THUMB UP symbol in the top right hand corner of the post options
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

Who knew Mikeunmaskem was Glenda Slagg all along

Also, to reiterate, I have two separate OC superheroine series going at the moment. And I'm not the only one. There's plenty of material out there, my man.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wow. That was a bizarre rant, and I'm frankly not sure I understood a lot of it or even which side you are taking here.

Personally, I prefer original heroines, myself. But if you are a content producer making videos and you want to sell them, using a famous existing character will almost-certainly increase your sales just from pure character recognition. So I see why they do it. :)