The Making of Supergirl (1984)

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hi found this on YouTube, apologies if its been posted somewhere here already but it's 4yrs old on You tube so may have been

How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks for this Tally - I recall this "the first time around" if you get my drift, a long time ago but had no idea it was still out there on youtube.

I just scrubbed through the video now - lots of interesting things there. I still think the wire work and the synching with backdrop imagery was better on this than the similar era Superman stuff.

Also of note was the model mock up of the town seen at 36:12. I wonder if the changes made to what would become Popeye's had an influence on the two shots I did pieces about?

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=33910

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=33957

The octagonal fast food place would have created a much more favourable set up for that arty shot I mentioned in Analysis 1 though what they might have had in mind for the "Trucker" scene is not so obvious set against the layout they had originally planned - love to know your thoughts, Tally!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You'll have to wait a while for that AEM up to my eyes with the Brexit fiasco, ain't seen the vid and not sure when I will get to it.
I'm still working on stuff that should have been done in August

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
You'll have to wait a while for that AEM up to my eyes with the Brexit fiasco, ain't seen the vid and not sure when I will get to it.
Still, we are glad you had a moment to find the vid. When the exit finally happens hopefully things will get easier for you.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Still, we are glad you had a moment to find the vid. When the exit finally happens hopefully things will get easier for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are right not to be reassured by hopeful words, I didn't intend to insult your intelligence or anything, just offering moral support. I would love for it all to work out ok and have the Brexiteers tell us how everything is better. But I suspect things are not going to get any easier, even after the exit is finally done. I imagine you're just in the planning phase of how to throw petrol on the BBQ right now and later it'll be up to you to enact it once the exit happens. You'll be lucky to keep your eyebrows and maybe the hairs on the back of those Welsh knuckles assuming the Tories don't give you safety gloves (and they are renowned for not doing so). So, yes I can :lol: too at the craziness of it all but it's not at your expense.

Now then, what other gems are hidden in this "Making of..." hmmm ...