Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This seems to get it right and be original.

Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

From the look of it it's Charlie's Angels without the attempts at humour. Which is a step up.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
3 years ago
From the look of it it's Charlie's Angels without the attempts at humour. Which is a step up.
The difference is it's not a remake and it is not taking a version of something already done and making it a female version of Oceans 11 or Ghostbusters
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It looks like they've just made Fox Force Five from Pulp Fiction
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Cool, an original all-female series which doesn't fight any possibly politically incorrect enemies. Just your generic worldwide hackers & criminals, and teaming up with "China" to do it. But still, if none of their enemies is portrayed as being "white supremacist", we'll at least know they thought through this carefully and didn't go with Current Year zeitgeisty cliches. Also, do these agents ever get in serious trouble and peril, or are they just continuously Mary Sues just being "the best there is in the world" at all times? There's not enough information yet to tell.

OK, if we see Penelope Cruz doing some hot things, this could work out. In the meantime, producer Jessica Chastain had to defend casting the Spanish actress Cruz as a Colombian. Ridiculous outrage these days!

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/10/jessi ... 234591404/
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
3 years ago
That's brilliant. :-D
But I have to say, this looks awesome. The dialog is just terrible. That counting down from 5 thing is so cringy. You would expect that from men, not woman. So it's like they took a script written for men and then cast female actors. And the whole thing is SO cliche.
Damselbinder

It looks like a very standard Bond-ish type movie. The trailer doesn't really have a hook, either: the threat is presented as vaguely as possible. The characters' reactions are as generic as possible (though perhaps only because they're edited out of their contexts). I don't know about this one. It could be better than it looks, but like... I don't know. Doesn't seem all that exciting - but in a way where I feel like there's almost something they're not telling us.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
It looks like a very standard Bond-ish type movie. The trailer doesn't really have a hook, either: the threat is presented as vaguely as possible. The characters' reactions are as generic as possible (though perhaps only because they're edited out of their contexts). I don't know about this one. It could be better than it looks, but like... I don't know. Doesn't seem all that exciting - but in a way where I feel like there's almost something they're not telling us.
Movie trailers typically include the BEST parts of the movie. So if this generic, boring, cliche'd crap is the best this movie has to offer, I predict a total flop.
Damselbinder

I gueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess

I don't know. I just feel like I've seen so little.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I saw in on a plane ride back.

I'd give it a B

But like Daniel Craig's Bond the lead character gets played too easily