Poll: Is Helen Slater still the definitive live action Supergirl?

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.

Is Helen Slater still the definitive live action Supergirl?

Poll ended at 3 years ago

Helen Slater
52%
Melissa Benoist
48%

Total votes: 29
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Melissa Benoist has now played Supergirl 120 times with the sixth season underway this year. The mainstream media often presumes Melissa is the only Supergirl to take seriously based on the number of times she's played the role. I think I've watched the first four seasons. To me, Helen Slater is still the definitive portrayal. Although her movie was campy, for some reason, she appears the more authentic Supergirl. To my surprise, looking over this forum, Helen Slater's Supergirl appears surprisingly popular. This could be partly explained by the age demographic, but I suspect it isn't the whole story...
Last edited by Deceiver 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well the comics always gave Sg a head of golden blonde hair like Slaters was (coloured for the role admittedly) whereas Melissa was more of a dishwater blonde, so I would say Helen fitted the comic visualisation better.
And yes I grew up with her and fancied her rotten when I was 15.
I'm still traumatised by Mels fringe and pants suit....
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Helen Slater played her for 124 minutes in a rather odd, bizarre movie that is rather unknown to the wider public.

Melissa Benoist will have played her for about 5300 minutes (+Crossovers)..... and let's say 3 seasons were really good.
+ Melissa played her very well
+ Melissa's skirt/pantyhose/boots combo from season 1-4 is sexier for me

So, I vote for Melissa.
(Still have to re-watch the movie with Slater in the next months)
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Personally, I favour The Director's Cut...
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Deceiver wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Personally, I favour The Director's Cut...
Hope you check out my cut too!!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Helen Slater > Melissa Benoist
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Helen will always be my favorite SG. This doesn't mean I don't like Melissa's (skirt) version, though.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If both were in the same moments of their lives together ...

Look, the pitch of these two ladies is totally different. HS is a beautiful young woman in this moment, albeit with arguably a bit of limited expressive range and had to portray an alien thrust into our world. She comes over as brave, confident and unwavering while trying to get to grips with the strange customs of Earth. She may be "clumsy" in her interactions with humans as Linda Lee but it is through sweet naivety and not feigned bumbling in order to disguise herself.

As for MB, she is attractive sure, but in a different sense to HS - there is a degree of girl-next-door about her. In comparison to HS her expressive range is allowed to be considerably greater. Kara Danvers has to be the mild, bashful, modest type to hide in plain sight whilst her Supergirl can be tough talking and brash at times in a manner that is unlike HS's more graceful and lady-like portrayal of the heroine. Considering the age difference of the actresses in their time of being Supergirl you could think their ages were reversed.

Different does not always mean better - they were both right for their respective tasks and in their own era - neither will be "better" than the other in my mind.

Damselbinder

I'm afraid I think Melissa Benoist is the superior Supergirl by a country mile. Helen Slater's movie wasn't just campy; it was a really bad film, and if Helen Slater has talent, she wasn't allowed to display it. Her portrayal got across very little of what makes the character memorable.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This thread is crying out for a poll, methinks

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I'm afraid I think Melissa Benoist is the superior Supergirl by a country mile. Helen Slater's movie wasn't just campy; it was a really bad film, and if Helen Slater has talent, she wasn't allowed to display it. Her portrayal got across very little of what makes the character memorable.
Acting-wise, I'm pretty sure Melissa is the better talent. Story-wise, I guess, the TV version wins by sheer volume. Most of Season 1, at least, is definitely much better than the movie. And I'm sure everyone can agree that that the movie was pretty bad. No argument there, probably surpassed only by Superman IV. But looks-wise (specifically in costume), that's were I'm placing my bet on Helen. :D

Bert

That's an interesting question. I'm a huge fan of the character and I looked forward to the release of both the movie and the TV show with great anticipation. I have great affection for both versions, flawed as they each are. It just never occurred to me to compare them. That's kind of weird. I think maybe it's because they are from two different eras, plus one is a movie and the other is a TV show. Whatever the reason, even thinking about it now it seems...I don't know, unfair or something like that. Both actresses appear to have done their best to deliver what was asked of them. In both cases, the biggest problem is that often what was asked of them was uneven, illogical or just plain stupid.

Melissa's version suffers more from dashed expectations. The show began with so much promise. Even with the poor writing, much of the first season and parts of season 2 and 3 were pretty great. Sadly, and this is from the perspective, as I said, of a huge fan of the character, I can't even watch the show now. They have intentionally eliminated pretty much any hint of sexy, action and peril. Once per episode Supergirl's stunt double gets thrown across a room. Ugly bangs, too much makeup, stupid new suit, massive ensemble cast with too many other "heroes", so woke it's almost a parody.

Helen was plucked from obscurity for the movie. That's a ton of pressure. Given that, plus the terrible script, I think she did a really good job. But it was one movie. One chance to portray a character. It's hard to gauge how it stands up now, because even at the time the movie was recognized as being crap.

You know what, I still can't do it. I can't pick a favorite.
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
This thread is crying out for a poll, methinks
I wanted to make it a poll but couldn't figure out how to do it...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If you edit your first post - and I think it HAS TO BE IN THE FIRST POST everyone

(In FULL EDITOR & PREVIEW mode if you are creating a thread )

if you go below the text box you can see next to the Attachments tab there is a POLL CREATION tab.

Click on that and it should be easy enough from there

heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Both ladies are rather equal. Helen has more of the comic book look of the 70's-80's, but was involved in a bad film. I did enjoy Melissa in season 1, but dropped out after that except for the occasional episode. Hated the new outfit, strictly because I'm a leg man (and Melissa has a lovely pair of legs).
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The poll is done and will be active for seven days. You only get one vote. I didn't include Laura Vandervoort, as she only really played Kara before she became Supergirl; although she is the same character, obviously.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think I have to abstain to remain true to my own comment - they each brought what SG needed during their own moment and their own medium, an 80's movie vs a current TV show ...

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

It's very close so far. If Helen narrowly loses, I'd say that is a still pretty impressive considering the movie famously flopped...
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I have to go with MB....She is the perfect Supergirl in my opinion, I love her in this role.
Damselbinder

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
3 years ago
I think I have to abstain to remain true to my own comment - they each brought what SG needed during their own moment and their own medium, an 80's movie vs a current TV show ...
I really, really disagree. An 80s Supergirl could have been much better. Do any of us looking at the Helen Slater film think "yup, that's as good as it could have been." It's not even close.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Helen Slater played her for 124 minutes in a rather odd, bizarre movie that is rather unknown to the wider public.

Melissa Benoist will have played her for about 5300 minutes (+Crossovers)..... and let's say 3 seasons were really good.
+ Melissa played her very well
+ Melissa's skirt/pantyhose/boots combo from season 1-4 is sexier for me

So, I vote for Melissa.
This is an interesting topic and question. I am old enough to have seen the Supergirl film when it came out but I did not see it, while I have seen most of the 5 seasons of the TV show, so Melissa's version is the defining version for me. I do think though a good comparison can be made with Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman and Helen Slater's Supergirl. One thing both Carter and Slater had going for them is they stood out more in their time, that in their eras we did not have a lot of enduring superheroines like we have today, with DC Comics and Marvel's slate of heroines. As anyone could tell you at the time, the WW series in the 70's was far from a juggernaut ratings success, and likewise, if I am recalling correctly, the Supergirl film was not a rousing box office success, but I think Carter and Slater's versions of those characters likely endured for a lot of people because there was simply not a lot out there for us SHIP degenerates! LOL. I think that if you grew up in a certain time (the 70's for WW, the 80's for SG) those enduring images for us are kind of like first loves in SHIP, images and memories one is likely never to forget, images and memories that live on and endure for those of us exposed to those images and characters, even if the series or film those characters or actresses inhabited did not equal box office success or industry acclaim. Slater and Carter's roles stood out and endured amidst a mostly barren landscape.
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I really, really disagree. An 80s Supergirl could have been much better. Do any of us looking at the Helen Slater film think "yup, that's as good as it could have been." It's not even close.
I'm conscious of the word "definitive" may be misleading. I didn't mean it to be like the way Sean Connery is widely accepted as the definitive Bond. Whatever your personal view of Connery's Bond, with the general public, there's nobody else likely to be held in higher esteem in the role. Of course, Helen and Melissa are nowhere near this.

That being said, whoever did the casting for those Salkind movies really knew what they were doing. I'm aware of my biases in being indoctrinated by those movies, but even so, I can't think of any major part that's been bettered by other actors in other adaptations.

For me, Helen is how I feel Supergirl should be in personality and looks. It's natural to compare the differences, but actually it's interesting how similar Benoist's portrayal is Slater's Kara/Supergirl. By contrast, Laura Vandervoort's Kara was nothing like either of them.

There are no two ways about it, Helen Slater looked angelic in those days. Like with Reeve, there's something slightly alien about her good looks, which only adds to the portrayal. When Melissa Benoist was cast as Supergirl, I found an attractive portrait picture of her and made it my screensaver. A non-fan of Slater's Supergirl asked me who Benoist was. I explained she was the new Supergirl. His reply stuck with me: he said, she's pretty but looks more like an attractive checkout assistant in a supermarket.

Another win for Slater is I prefer her classical Supergirl costume to the ones worn by Melissa. I don't like Supergirl wearing dark pantyhose, and I always found her boots to be ugly...
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I saw the Supergirl movie when it came out because it was done by the people that did the earlier Superman movies. Like Superman III, it was just making one more in a franchise for money and wasn't a great story like the first two Superman movies. Decent actors and for the time special effects, but after they came up with a basic plot they just stopped thinking.

Pretty much the same for the TV series where it started off nice and has quickly gone down hill with pushing a political message over everything else. If they hadn't added a decently written Lex Luthor, the show was barely watchable. Forget costume and expanding the cast to make it a Superfriends show, the stories just aren't there to carry the show. Peril is boring and you can't care about the characters anymore.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Abductorenmadrid wrote:
3 years ago
With all due respect I felt the poll was more about the actresses (and who did SG better) rather than the overall quality of their respective movie or show. I think both ladies have delivered what they were being asked to deliver at their respective times. As "Linda Lee" Helen Slater came over well as the innocent, naive young woman awkwardly trying to blend in to human society. As Supergirl she had the range to be powerful and assertive at one end of the spectrum down to being broken hearted and distraught at the other. I think HS did her best and isn't anywhere near the top of the list of reasons why the movie was not "as good as it could have been".

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

For me, it was the look above all else. Whenever I imagine any situation with Supergirl in it, whether wholesome or not :evil: , it's the Helen Slater version that I think about. :tongue:

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I go with Melissa Benoist just because I did see the Helen Slater movie back in the day, and it was unwatchable even when it was free on cable.

I do think the movie costume has cleaner lines and is more iconic, but as something I'm actually going to watch, TV all the way.
Get Your Exxon
Henchman
Henchman

I’m surprised this topic hasn’t gotten more traction, 20 or so votes feels low for a forum dedicated exclusively to superheroines.

And, while I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s posts, I’m gonna go back to the original, where the question appears to be whose Supergirl feels more authentic?

Admittedly, as this thread reveals, it’s really all a matter of personal taste. Is Helen Slater more attractive? Does Melissa have a better costume? Who has the less campy movie/series? It’s all subjective.

But, to say, as one poster did, that Helen contributed little towards what makes the character of Supergirl memorable is daft. For sure, the film isn’t as good as it could have been, but you can easily say the same of the TV show. In fact, I think the TV version has less of an excuse for its foibles than the movie.

But, going back to the original question, there is a reason why Helen Slater’s version, even after nearly 30 years, remains popular. That movie and her portrayal is a big reason why this forum exists.

I’m not a boomer, like many on this site appear to be. I was born after the ’84 movie, but I can still recognize the influence that it has had on this genre. It’s too early to tell what, if any, legacy Melissa’s portrayal will leave behind. But right now, this genre, as seen through countless peril films and fan-fiction is clearly under the shadow of Helen Slater and her portrayal of Supergirl.

Personally, I don’t think Melissa will equal it. But that’s just an opinion. I’m a big-time Supergirl fan, and I stopped watching the TV show half-way through season three. The writing was just that bad. The inconsistencies in her powers and lack of overall direction ruined it for me. I can readily recall moments in the film, I can’t say the same, even though Melissa has far more screen time, of the TV Show. Still, I’m glad the TV version exists (it’s good for the character) but I’m still waiting for some new production to fulfill the promise begun by the ’84 movie.

Melissa and the current creative team have had their shot, hopefully others will step up.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Was Helen Slater EVER the definative Supergirl?

My only experience in the reception of the 80's Supergirl film is basically 'laughably bad'

IF Slater IS 'still the definitive live action Supergirl'.............. then we are in dire need of a really definitive Supergirl.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Get Your Exxon wrote:
3 years ago
I’m surprised this topic hasn’t gotten more traction, 20 or so votes feels low for a forum dedicated exclusively to superheroines.
More than 600 views and 20 votes. Off course many re-visit the thread to read the new posts. But how many just read and doesn't even click to vote.
In my experience the big, big majority just read and is completely passive. And of course there are a lot fo folks here that aren't even registered users here.
They drop by, read some stuff and are gone.
I bet even my little "extremely easy vote topic" gets many views by users who don't manage to vote and be a little active.
But ok, the ones who aren't active at least doesn't troll around.
Last edited by Maskripper 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Damselbinder

Femina wrote:
3 years ago

My only experience in the reception of the 80's Supergirl film is basically 'laughably bad'

IF Slater IS 'still the definitive live action Supergirl'.............. then we are in dire need of a really definitive Supergirl.
Thank you. She was a terrible representation of Supergirl. She sort of looked the part, I guess, but that was it.
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
"Definitive" wasn't the best choice word I could have used. However, as evident all over this place, for many fans the movie and Slater have been had such a influence; it is as though she is definitive. There's a good post, above, regarding Slater's influence similar in effect to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman.
Femina wrote:
3 years ago

I do have an appreciation for the humour; the same with Superman III. If you can laugh along with it, the movie is surprisingly enjoyable...
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
I do feel there is room for a future definitive Supergirl. The speculated forthcoming movie might be it...
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
More than 600 views and 20 votes. Off course many re-visit the thread to read the new posts.
I think most of the views are mine... ;)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I was 15 when I saw it and arguably more of the target audience age, and I felt it was not as bad as it was painted, watching it at that age. It's nowhere near as bad as Quest for Peace.
At the time I used to watch approx 15-20 films a week ( Saturdays I used to watch 7 regularly on the telly) so I feel I had a decent base to judge it on its merits rather than my lust for the lead. It was mediocre entertainment but I felt she did the best she could with a fairly clunky script.

Bert

The definitive live action Supergirl? I think part of the problem is the question, while seemingly straightforward, can actually be taken several different ways. The question begs a comparison between Helen and Melissa. But compared based on what criteria? Attractiveness? Costume? Acting skill? Quality of production? Action? Peril?

Get Your Exxon made an excellent comment above. One thing he said struck me as a bit off the mark, although to be fair it was expressed as an opinion. He said " I can readily recall moments in the film, I can’t say the same, even though Melissa has far more screen time, of the TV Show." Now I've enjoyed both versions, though I'm aware of the flaws. But the first three seasons of Melissa's show created many memorable moments for me. The pilot left me ecstatic, with lots of action and peril, and some lovely character scenes. Plenty of later episodes came through with great action and peril, although they became less frequent over time. Can anyone unsee the primal rage Melissa unleashed in the climax of the Red Tornado episode? She shocked me with her willingness to display that level of fury. What about the brutal battle with Reign? The knock down, drag out fight with Superman? Her desperate battles with Nuclear Man and Metallo?

As for the poll, maybe the problem is with the question. I still can't answer it!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I saw the red tornado episosode and I don't remember a thing about it.

If the other fights you mentioned were prior to halfway thru season 3 then I don't remember them either and if they were after then I aint seen them

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
The definitive live action Supergirl? I think part of the problem is the question, while seemingly straightforward, can actually be taken several different ways. The question begs a comparison between Helen and Melissa. But compared based on what criteria? Attractiveness? Costume? Acting skill? Quality of production? Action? Peril?
I've addressed this twice already and admitted "definitive" wasn't the best word. Come on, though, it isn't so hard to understand. For decades, Helen Slater was the only official live-action Supergirl we knew. She was the personification of the role. The one many fans thought of when they imagined Supergirl as a real person. That's what I meant by definitive. My question was inspired partly by reading the forum and seeing Slater still is a great source of inspiration...
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Deceiver wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago
I've addressed this twice already and admitted "definitive" wasn't the best word. Come on, though, it isn't so hard to understand. For decades, Helen Slater was the only official live-action Supergirl we knew. She was the personification of the role. The one many fans thought of when they imagined Supergirl as a real person. That's what I meant by definitive. My question was inspired partly by reading the forum and seeing Slater still is a great source of inspiration...
I interpreted the question to mean who best personified the comic book superheroine, so going by looks-wise, that's the Helen Slater version for me, hands down.

But If we were to go deeper into stuff like story and production values, then no contest the TV version wins.

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
Deceiver wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago
I interpreted the question to mean who best personified the comic book superheroine, so going by looks-wise, that's the Helen Slater version for me, hands down.

But If we were to go deeper into stuff like story and production values, then no contest the TV version wins.
You interpreted it correctly.

The story and production values are different questions. The only production element that should be considered, I'd say, is the outfits, as that is the way we see the two Supergirls...
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If we said --- Supergirl happens for real --- what does she look like? More like HS or MB? Then it's HS all the way. Most of the time, the way she looks, the way she moves, she is like a goddess. MB is a very attractive woman, don't get me wrong, but I've said it before that she has that girl next door quality, and someone said above about the "attractive check-out girl" look to her. If I had to say which one looks more like the genetically perfected super alien - HS in her time as SG was closer to it.

Bert

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
tumblr_nyo30q07LM1rxtp4uo1_500.gif
tumblr_nyo30q07LM1rxtp4uo1_500.gif (1.58 MiB) Viewed 4685 times

Still nothing?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

No sorry. I don't remember what red tornado looks like so it's just her blasting somebody, so yes I remember that I have seen that before, but who is she fighting, - no still nothing. That's what happens when the villains are instantly forgettable. I just remembered that I had seen an episode where the villain was called Red Tornado. What happened in it, couldnt say. If Slater had let rip like that 36 years ago it would have scared the shit out of the target audience, lol 😂

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

tumblr_nyo30q07LM1rxtp4uo1_500.gif

Still nothing?
I just about recall this. Supergirl being angry and giving it all she has. I think I know what Tallyho is getting at. The TV show's action scenes are fastly paced and generally over before one can really get excited about it. I'm also not a big fan of lots of CGI; it's understandable with the pace of making episodes and the budget.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

We only had one movie to go by so I guess it was easy to remember basically every scene with SG in it. And since Helen looked so great in costume, every scene (with SG) was definitely worth remembering, bad as the movie was. In contrast, with more TV episodes, I think we can be forgiven for not remembering every scene that's supposed to be interesting. 😅

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
We only had one movie to go by so I guess it was easy to remember basically every scene with SG in it. And since Helen looked so great in costume, every scene (with SG) was definitely worth remembering, bad as the movie was. In contrast, with more TV episodes, I think we can be forgiven for not remembering every scene that's supposed to be interesting. 😅
That's the thing isnt it- 2hrs of film maybe about 20 scenes when she's in it probably just over an hour of on screen time I would guess, and nothing else then for 30 years for us to fixate on. I think the TV show should have had more episodes of the fun stuff of her learning to be Supergirl too instead of basically an episode. I remember her causing the oil leak in the bay when she broke off the bow of the ship only because it made no bloody sense. Oil tanks arent in the bows of ships as bows often hit things and the idea that she would just leave the mess there for others to clean up didn't ring true either, plus wouldn't she stop doing it when she could feel the bow breaking off?
So the only scenes I remember are her trying on costumes, getting tranqed by her sister and the boat and that's for all the wrong reasons. So yeah Melissa is a great Sg but has had a helluva lot more to work with but the stories are largely lame and the bad guys forgettable so I'm afraid they clearly dont resonate with me.
(On a side note I bought the comic of the film just last week and the artists are constantly showing us up Helen Slaters red skirt,, lol)
( That would have really made the film memorable lol . I will post some pics of the panels this weekend)

ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

I wanted to vote for Helen, but Mel was such a great actress, and did it for so long. I have to give her a lot of respect. And Melissa's legs were amazing. (so it was a tie for me)
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Not long left for this poll!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

(On a side note I bought the comic of the film just last week and the artists are constantly showing us up Helen Slaters red skirt,, lol)
( That would have really made the film memorable lol . I will post some pics of the panels this weekend)
Yeah, that was the phase in the Supergirl comics when they did show a ton of upskirt shots. Even the comics version of the movie was not spared. Happy days! :P

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Re: Poll. Either one is a fine choice.

Melissa&Helen.jpg
Melissa&Helen.jpg (66.22 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
Laura&Helen.jpg
Laura&Helen.jpg (73.68 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
I gave the nod to Helen cause she was the first, and appeared with both the other Supergirls, on Smallville with Laura, on Supergirl with Melissa. They all be fine looking Supergirls to me.

So I like all the Supergirls.

Doesn't mean I liked the movie much cause I don't. Doesn't mean I liked many of CW Supergirl TV episodes cause a lot of those have been crap. DC needs to fix that. They need to make an HBO Max Supergirl series (and have all the prior Supergirls have cameos), or a new Supergirl movie. And they might just be thinking that way too, which is why the CW Supergirl show is ending.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
.....And they might just be thinking that way too, which is why the CW Supergirl show is ending.....
Actually the TV show is ending for one reason:
Melissa Benoist had enough of it (just like Stephen Amell did with Arrow)
And with Benoist having her first child now...that may have accelarated her decision.
-

This poll must be rigged, the only option to explain the result so far ;)
Are the votes geting counted in Florida? :hmmm:

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

That was quite an exciting ending! It looked like Melissa was going to win by a couple of votes until there was a late surge for Helen in about the last 24 hours.

Congratulations to Helen Slater for holding off lovely Melissa Benoist and keeping her crown as the numero uno Supergirl (I'm sure both actresses have been following the poll closely ;))! Even if Helen had lost by a few votes, it still would have been a sort of victory for her Supergirl. To put it in perspective, Helen starred as Supergirl 36 years ago in a film that failed at the box office and was universally panned by the critics (although the mainstream media has since recognised the movie has a cult following). In this tiny poll of the most committed superheroine fans, Helen managed to narrowly beat the current incumbent of the role who has starred as Supergirl in 120 episodes.

This is why:

:supes: Helen Slater is Supergirl! :supes: