Arachna 2 Launched on Kickstarter - New Video Posted

General discussions about superheroines!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Hi Everyone,

We will be doing a Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for my original character Arachna, https://arachnacomic.com . Arachna, is a urban superhero with spider powers of mysterious origin. Jennie Janus is a timid college student by day but her split personality Arachna is an extrovert by night who fights gene-spliced serial killers, mad scientists, and super-powered ninjas.

This was started because I'm not seeing what I would like from superhero comics today. Things like adventure, sexiness, peril, death traps are non-existent in today's comics. This book will be a love letter to Ditko's Spider-Man, Batman '66 with Adam West, with a dash of kink and weirdness of Twin Peaks. Please see some preview artwork below of the variant cover and interior artwork. I hope you will support the campaign. I will be posting more in the next month leading up to the campaign.

Thanks for looking!
Ai - Publisher

Last edited by ArachnaComic 1 year ago, edited 28 times in total.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

love it!! look forward to seeing more, this is what the new generation of comic readers need!! kink it up!!!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
love it!! look forward to seeing more, this is what the new generation of comic readers need!! kink it up!!!
Thanks! I feel bad for today's readers. I only get omnibuses or absolute editions from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. The new stuff from Marvel and DC is pretty awful.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A sexy MASKED woman in such an outfit? Seemingly getting unmasked? Well....
I Already signed up for this one!
I hope it will see the light of day at some point...
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
A sexy MASKED woman in such an outfit? Seemingly getting unmasked? Well....
I Already signed up for this one!
I hope it will see the light of day at some point...
Thanks Maskripper. Just launched the website this week and we've been getting pretty good feedback. This being the first crowdfunding campaign, I don't know what to really excpect, but I will say a lot of work has gone into this graphic novel and the artists we have are fantastic.

Speaking of which here is another beautiful variant cover by Nunchaku. You can see more of his work here, https://deviantart.com/nunchaku.

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Deleted
Last edited by ArachnaComic 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

This sexy female spider Arachna sure excites my spidersenses!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Ai- Congratulations! Costume has both a full-face mask *and* long hair (not to mention all the other attributes) so Maskripper and I will both be pleased in equal measure.

Exactly the kind of content everyone is looking for, both on this forum and in terms of today's general paucity of sexiness and peril in comics. You're not the only one doing this (Adam Warren has been on it for 10 years with Empowered, and there are others who pop up now and then) but you will certainly be one of the finest of modern times, when this comes out.

Interested to find out more about Jennie - it says she has a 'split personality', so I'm wondering if that is a bit like Rose and Thorn where one persona involuntarily transforms into the other, responding to a triggering mechanism like stress or fear or nightfall, or if she voluntarily and willingly transforms to experience the adventure and thrill of the other personality. And if it's voluntary, how does she trigger it? These are questions I would love to see answered in such an enticing comic.

The art by Diego is top notch, and Samantha looks perfect to portray the character in your promos (hopefully we get at least some kind of live-action short in the costume...yes I know from experience that kind of stuff can get expensive, but do what you can).

I signed up on your list (not sure if the sign-up went through, but if not I'll be sure to check IGG in October..so glad you are using them and not KS) and will be recommending this campaign to some Youtube channels which promote crowdfunded comics so if you get contacted by one of them, you'll know where it came from. :)

Best wishes, man, and I hope this goes gangbusters for you. And give my regards to Erik Estrada if you ever see him again!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Thanks for the detailed post, Shevek!

It was important to get the costume right. I wanted to see her eyes and her hair. There's a lot of emotions that can be conveyed via eyes that's really important and the hair is a great design element.

Jennie has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) which is a split personality. She has no idea what Arachna does except for what she reads on the internet. Arachna doesn't know what Jennie does. Putting on the costume is what triggers the change in personalities and this is the only time the two personalities can talk to each other and go into a negotiation. They don't like each other and this will be something that's addressed in the graphic novel. There's a good video with Samantha that we're shooting this weekend which addresses this. We also have a psychiatrist who's helping us understand Dissociative Identity Disorder better.

We're shooting a number of teasers with Samantha in the Arachna costume. She will also be working on video posts as Arachna for the different social media platforms.

Thanks for signing up. It's going to take a tribe of people to get this funded and off the ground. Any and all help is appreciated.
shevek
Producer
Producer

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago

Jennie has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) which is a split personality. She has no idea what Arachna does except for what she reads on the internet. Arachna doesn't know what Jennie does. Putting on the costume is what triggers the change in personalities and this is the only time the two personalities can talk to each other and go into a negotiation. They don't like each other and this will be something that's addressed in the graphic novel. There's a good video with Samantha that we're shooting this weekend which addresses this. We also have a psychiatrist who's helping us understand Dissociative Identity Disorder better.

We got lucky with Diego, I can't wait until I get a new page from him! We're shooting a number of teasers with Samantha in the Arachna costume. She will also be working on video posts as Arachna for the different social media platforms.

Thanks for signing up. It's going to take a tribe of people to get this funded and off the ground. Any and all help is appreciated.
So it's pretty much like Rose and Thorn but triggered by wearing the costume. I guess the next obvious question is how does Jennie know to put on the costume and/or what motivates her to put it on? Love to see this back-and-forth of personalities. We'll find out.

I just met Martti over in the EVS chat a few minutes ago. I told two of his blue-wrench mods about Arachna and they immediately started putting up links in the chat. Then suddenly, Martti popped up and said, "I'm the writer of that book." Pretty awesome!

I think you are going to have some considerable support from that Youtube comics crowdfunding audience! The key is to be active and engage with them constantly during the entire duration of the campaign, and for you or Martti or Diego to guest-appear on as many of those channels as possible. If you need references as to which ones to visit other than POPXP, I can give you a list.

Also, I heard back from Frank Amazing at POPXP and they are going to reach out to you to appear on the channel (where
I am a blue-wrench mod).

Arachna should do well! But of course, you know what everyone is going to want to see here is how Samantha looks in that costume. :)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Costume has both a full-face mask *and* long hair (not to mention all the other attributes) so Maskripper and I will both be pleased in equal measure.
As the other admins and myself defined the types of masks on another forum..... there are basically these types of masks:
- Eye mask (examples: Canary on Arrow and countless heroines in fetish videos)
- Half mask (conceals one half of the face.....like Kitana from Mortal Kombat or Black Scorpion)
- Cowl (cover the upper half of the face and often covers the (real) hair: Batgirl, Catwoman)
- Full mask (conceals the whole face, only the mouth or the eyes may be visible (Spider-Gwen, Latex full mask))

#Maskology

So, this is much more like a cowl ;)
But yeah, you are right, I really like the fact that she is wearing such a good mask!

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

I just met Martti over in the EVS chat a few minutes ago. I told two of his blue-wrench mods about Arachna and they immediately started putting up links in the chat. Then suddenly, Martti popped up and said, "I'm the writer of that book." Pretty awesome!

I think you are going to have some considerable support from that Youtube comics crowdfunding audience! The key is to be active and engage with them constantly during the entire duration of the campaign, and for you or Martti or Diego to guest-appear on as many of those channels as possible. If you need references as to which ones to visit other than POPXP, I can give you a list.

Also, I heard back from Frank Amazing at POPXP and they are going to reach out to you to appear on the channel (where
I am a blue-wrench mod).

Arachna should do well! But of course, you know what everyone is going to want to see here is how Samantha looks in that costume. :)
Martti's been great to work with and has done a great job on the script.

I'm open to any interviews that come my way. It's really important to get this campaign out to people that are tired of the status quo of the big two. I wouldn't read their milk toast comics if you gave them to me for free.

I'm filming with Samantha on Saturday so we'll see how she looks in the costume. We kept the costume faithful to the comic design. Her acting was outstanding in the audition so fingers crossed.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Here's a look at Arachna's nemesis, Kumo. She's a spider-powered ninja who's out for blood.

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Here is Samantha in the Arachna costume.

sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I just have to say that what you're producing is both an inspiration and quite the venture. I sincerely hope it works out for you. Please do continue sharing updates with us--what you're creating is definitely something I have not seen in years from the mainstream comic book producers.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Samantha looks great! Can't wait to see more.

And Sugarcoater is right - other than Empowered (which literally makes fun of sexy superheroine tropes) it simply doesn't exist in the comic shops in 2020. There have been several other crowdfunders doing things in the same ballpark (Blue Mamba, Patriotika, Firebitch, Peregrine, etc), and I've supported their campaigns, so I'll definitely be supporting yours!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

sugarcoater wrote:
3 years ago
I just have to say that what you're producing is both an inspiration and quite the venture. I sincerely hope it works out for you. Please do continue sharing updates with us--what you're creating is definitely something I have not seen in years from the mainstream comic book producers.
Thanks, Sugarcoater. Here's a teaser.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A very impressive result (actress and costume), especially as it is "just" for promo purposes!

Good job! :thumbup:

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Samantha looks great! Can't wait to see more.

And Sugarcoater is right - other than Empowered (which literally makes fun of sexy superheroine tropes) it simply doesn't exist in the comic shops in 2020. There have been several other crowdfunders doing things in the same ballpark (Blue Mamba, Patriotika, Firebitch, Peregrine, etc), and I've supported their campaigns, so I'll definitely be supporting yours!
Thanks, Shevek. Here's Samantha as Jennie and Arachna

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can't WAIT for this!!!! Love her attitude and she pulls it off perfect! good luck!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
I can't WAIT for this!!!! Love her attitude and she pulls it off perfect! good luck!
Thanks, batgirl1969. Here's some more attitude.

bare_thighz
Henchman
Henchman

Fishnets? says bare_thighz. I'm in!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

*EDIT*.....never mind

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

😍😘😗!!! NOW that is attitude!!! I really can't wait to see more live action with her...amazing stuff
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

At some point at least some folks will believe that you are actually making a movie with her :hmmm: ;)

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
At some point at least some folks will believe that you are actually making a movie with her :hmmm: ;)
Maybe a short film should be offered as a tier level once we hit a certain amount.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Maybe a short film should be offered as a tier level once we hit a certain amount.
I think that's a very good idea.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
That would be a nicccce motivation to spend a little more..... :thumbup:

shevek
Producer
Producer

Great costume, Ai! As suggested by others above, if you can afford it, yes - you should definitely spend one day making a short
five-minute clip where Jenny transforms into Arachna (show her putting on various costume elements), battles a foe, temporarily gets into peril with regards to that foe, and then defeats the foe, ending with a triumphant power pose. (or something like that!)

And offer it as a stretch-goal perk on the campaign.

Samantha looks fantastic. Great warehouse that you filmed in, too!!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Great costume, Ai! As suggested by others above, if you can afford it, yes - you should definitely spend one day making a short
five-minute clip where Jenny transforms into Arachna (show her putting on various costume elements), battles a foe, temporarily gets into peril with regards to that foe, and then defeats the foe, ending with a triumphant power pose. (or something like that!)
Interesting you mention beating up on a bad guy. While we were filming this past weekend, Sam said that she needs to beat up on someone in that costume.
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
While we were filming this past weekend, Sam said that she needs to beat up on someone in that costume.
She should definitely try beating up Venom!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Arachna: Do you expect me to talk, Doc?
Doc Diabolique: No, Arachna. I expect you to die.

Variant cover from the upcoming campaign.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great artwork! Nice camel toe in there I see
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Well I'd spare her for some spiderlicious activities!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Great homage to an EPIC movie ;) :thumbup:

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Love love love that cover!!! Glad someone pointed out that lovely camel toe....like a perfect target!!! You should do that cover as a quick video clip too
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

@tallyho and @batgirl1969 Glad you noticed that.
@Evil Spider LOL!
@Maskripper Goldfinger, From Russia with Love, and Skyfall are my three favorite Bond films.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

"Do you expect my to talk?"
"No, I expect you to cum."

Can't believe no one has ever used that line. :-P
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

I wonder if Arachna likes more Spiderman or Venom...
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
Glad someone pointed out that lovely camel toe....like a perfect target!!!
That's definitely the spot I'd aim and shoot my sticky nets at! :spidey:
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Jennie and Arachna dancing to Wham's Wake Me Up Before You Go Go at the Arachna Secret Files. This is really fun! See the video when you sign up for our email list at https://arachnacomic.com

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

The Arachna Indiegogo campaign will have a short adventure film with Sam as a stretch goal.

Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Jennie and Arachna dancing to Wham's Wake Me Up Before You Go Go at the Arachna Secret Files. This is really fun! See the video when you sign up for our email list at https://arachnacomic.com

I entered the password, but nothing comes up. Not even an email message. :huh:
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Nykron wrote:
3 years ago
Just tried the password after signingup. Works well, secret files unlocked :hmmm:

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Nykron wrote:
3 years ago
Just sent a PM. Copy and paste it, it should work.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Arachna blows a kiss to all her supporter and fans.

shevek
Producer
Producer

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Arachna blows a kiss to all her supporter and fans.

Looking great! Frank from POPXP wants to know if you know yet approximately when you are launching, so they can get in touch
with you guys and schedule a livestream feature.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Looking great! Frank from POPXP wants to know if you know yet approximately when you are launching, so they can get in touch
with you guys and schedule a livestream feature.
Hi Shevek, thanks for your help. Project is delayed a little bit. The penciller and I parted ways. We're close to signing a new penciller and then create some new pages for the campaign.