Original characters!!

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
Mikeunmaskem
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Is it too much to ask to get stories of original characters?? None already established in the comics!! i.e. the main three, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl!! Does anyone have original stuff anymore?? Geez!!!

Thank you,

Mikeunmaskem
Damselbinder

I have written a superhero story featuring entirely original characters that, when all 16 parts are taken together, is longer than Lord of the Rings.

You got plenty, bro.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I wrote The perils of Penelope Young-Jugs as with the Original character, Danger Babe.

The reason most people write about existing characters is for several reasons. First, people want to see characters they know and love in episodes they created. The 60s Batgirl only went up against a handful of villains and faced a handful of perils. As an enthusiastic Batgirl fan, I would love to imagine her in adventures against villains she never met in the original run, like Mr Freeze, or Bookworm. Or create more pervey versions of encounters that did happen, like Catwoman in the Perils of Batgirl stories.

The second reason is labor. Coming up with a original character is actually a lot of work. You need to create the character, the villain, the caper (plot) And do all the world build. It is a lot mental preparations before you even start writing. When I write an original character, I create a folder filled with pictures of women that look like I want her to look, notes about her backstory, minor characters, things that might happen, rules that I plan to follow.

Finally, is getting readers to open the story and start reading. A crappy name or ridiculous super power may turn some readers off before they start. Writing about Batgirl or Wonder Woman or Jean Grey will often create a certain fan base because of the expectations created by choosing that character.

I would suggest, if you want the greatest superheroine story ever told, write it yourself. It can be very gratifying to read your own stories.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You already posted a topic on this back in June

You can see it below in Similar Topics
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Justice is swift, the all seeing eyes of the Ambassador are everwhere!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's my superpower. That and chronic asthma.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
It's my superpower. That and chronic asthma.
Well if I had a Kryptonite to take that Superpower and the asthma away I'd use it ...
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!