Custom videos and Covid-19

For those interested in starting custom videos or joining in with other who are creating new projects, this is the home base at which to gather.
thegreengiant
Neophyte
Neophyte

So I'm not sure how to handle this situation and want to put it out to the custom community. A few weeks ago and before we knew the severity of what was coming I ordered a custom video from a well known and respected superheroine custom provider. It was to shoot this past week. I was expecting to be contacted by the producer and told that the shoot was on hold, and that would of course be understandable. But I heard nothing so I emailed her during the week asking for an update, I received no reply. I know this is a strange and difficult time but the producer is still posting a few things on Twitter so I don't suspect they are sick etc... I didn't want to be forced to get a charge back from the bank, just wanted some reassurance that she would do her best do complete the shoot whenever it was possible. If she couldn't provide that or a refund I would have even taken the equivalent amount of my investment in videos from her store.

So what would you do in this situation?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If they post on here try messaging her.

Remember they may have a flunky that does social media so whilst posts are in her name they may not be from her directly. If she has quarantined herself it may not be possible to respond depending on the situation or it maybe she is working her way through other customers and just hasn't got to you yet.
I would give her the benefit of the doubt and in these extraordinary times just be patient a little bit longer
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
thegreengiant
Neophyte
Neophyte

Thanks for the response. Yes I'm trying to keep patient about it. She posts irregularly on here but I don't see why she'd be able to respond here but not her email address. I'll give it a few days and try emailing her again.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Again sometimes posts may be by proxy so worth baring in mind that it may not be her

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Do you know how to send a private message here?
Under the avatar of the person ( so find a post of theirs) click contact and then the little private message icon

You can also do it by hitting the Send PM option in your personal part of the forum (click on your name in the top right and you can get into it that way)and then type in their name.
IF you are still not sure post here and I will post detailed instructions

thegreengiant
Neophyte
Neophyte

Thank figured it out, hopefully I'll get a response.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Dandy. Good luck hope it gets resolved for you

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I really hate when stuff like this happens. If you run a business and you suddenly disappear and stop answering e-mails from customers who have already paid for something, that's REALLY bad business.

Anyone who does something like that to me, even once, is someone who I will NEVER do business with again.

I don't need that kinda anxiety.
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

Hello!

Just in case it is our studio in question, we wanted to pop a message up here. While there are already some pretty insightful and insightful posts in this thread, just in case it is our studio we would like to offer you multiple ways to contact us if e-mail is not working. You are welcome to PM us here if you absolutely cannot get an e-mail reply.

Sometimes, despite our best abilities e-mails get buried, and sometimes complex errors can occur. (For example, we have two current e-mails we cannot reply to, because whatever service they are using just bounces it back to us. We have no idea.)

But!

Just message us here if you need. E-mail is generally the best way to contact us, but we're paying extra close attention to these websites right now due to some of those complications we mentioned.

Even if we are not the studio in question, we sincerely hope you are able to contact your content creator asap, but echo a few of the sentiments post above that things are extremely chaotic right now for much of the world and that there might be unknown complications at play.

The Luciafilms Team!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://luciafilms.rocks/index.html