Living in the shadow of the corona virus

Where derailed topics go to ....live?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Why, what an argumentatively convenient little axiom you've found for yourself. Well done.
Seriously though, I have regrettably come to the conclusion that due to Trump's completely effed up handling of this pandemic that he deserved to lose the election.
Bert

Post

President Donald Trump told the veteran journalist Lesley Stahl of the CBS program “60 Minutes” that he bashes the press to “demean” and “discredit” reporters so that the public will not believe “negative stories” about him, Stahl said.

Stahl’s disclosure came Monday night during a talk at the Deadline Club of New York’s annual journalism awards at the Harvard Club in Manhattan.

The CBS reporter was speaking to the audience along with PBS NewsHour host Judy Woodruff.

Stahl said she and her boss met with Trump at his office in Trump Tower in Manhattan after the 2016 election in advance of a recorded sit-down interview for “60 Minutes.

“At one point, he started to attack the press,” Stahl said. “There were no cameras in there.”

“I said, ‘You know, this is getting tired. Why are you doing it over and over? It’s boring and it’s time to end that. You know, you’ve won ... why do you keep hammering at this?’” Stahl recalled.

“And he said: ‘You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.’”
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Stahl was caught not wearing a mask by the way behind the scenes if I am not mistaken. Did you see the story of this journalist doing a liveshot from the press briefing room with a mask on and when the liveshot ended he was not aware that there was another TV camera in the room that picked him up after the liveshot taking his mask off! Phony! I believe that of course, that Trump bashes reporters who report untrue, negative stories about him, I would do the same damn thing, but not nearly as well and as effectively. Trump's got a little Don Rickles in him. Trump knew that the media would not stop lying about him in the years to come and he was right. Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

Trump hasn't sought to discredit the bad actors in the media though, he has discredited ALL MEDIA that isn't praising him to the skies.
If you lie and someone says 'that's a lie' and then proceeds to prove it with evidence, that's not fake news, thats just news. The news is that you are lying and here is the proof. Discrediting that proof doesn't serve democracy, it serves your own self interest.


BUT let's keep the comments here about the virus rather than his regime in general. Comments about his 'handling of it' :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry couldn't say that with a straight face when he hasn't gone near it with a barge pole. The only time he handled the virus was when he shook the hand of whoever gave it to him) are fair enough (and yes I'm as guilty as anyone else for derailing the thread) but let's avoid a general political discussion

So we have heard at length about the US situation and I've posted about the UK, what's the situation like in other countries?

Any Aussies and Kiwis out there in board Land to give us an update?

Any other nations full stop who have a citizen here who wants to tell us how things are going for you?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1505
Joined: 14 years ago

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
It would be one thing if some of these lamestream media platforms point out "he lied here and there, that is simply false", and end it there, but these Lamestream media folks let their personal animus against Trump infect almost nearly every story they do. When I asked my dearly departed Mom, a diehard liberal, why they get so many things wrong about Trump, she said "They just don't like him". A professional and objective media organization rises above any personal animus they may have against the president.
LAMESTREAM! WTF does that even mean?

You're dearly departed Mom is hearsay. Nothing she said to you is admissible in an actual argument. And as I've already said elsewhere, the Media's relationship with Trump makes complete and perfect sense. He's a participant in the nature of that relationship, if he wanted the relationship to be different he could simply stop lying and start telling the the truth about oh... idk.... how 'tremendous' that guy who wiped his ass in the restroom was. You know, he could start with stopping all the little lies and work his way up to starting to tell the truth about the important shit, and the Media would lay off him.

No it's not just 'we don't like him!!!!' (That's just a lot of whimpering... not suprising though that's what the 'right' thinks the left spends all day doing since pretty much all the right does is close itself off into small 'safe space' conspiracy theory websites and small bogus news outlets with only like minded individuals to whimper and moan about shit the left absolutely must have done!). He CONSTANTLY lies, a fact we have continuously brought up which you continually ignore, and thus threatens the establishment of truthfully reporting to the populace. Additionally he ACTIVELY SEEKS to make people doubt the truth so that he can get away with those lies. A PROFESSIONAL AND OBJECTIVE media organization does NOT rise above reporting the dangerous lying ramblings of the most powerful deranged narcissist in America. A PROFESSIONAL PRESIDENT rises above his own bloated sense of self image to do his job and oh what was it he liked to tout so often... er... 'Make America Great Again?'

Our President isn't doing his job and lying about it, But no. The REAL tragedy here is the News are picking on Trump...

Priorities! Even if I thought the media were actually a problem, I'd still expect the PRESIDENT to get his shit together first... he's in the most important position in the American governing body. If the KING is fucked, then who gives a shit if the town crier is picking on him? I sure as shit don't, but go on and continue wiping his ass, maybe he'll tell the people about how you're just "the best ass wiper in the world. He wipes ass like you wouldn't believe. Just the best ass... I once knew a woman with the largest ass... I didn't touch it, eeeh? Did I? I didn't, I didn't! But It was such a tremendous ass, an ass like you wouldn't believe!"
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Stahl was caught not wearing a mask by the way behind the scenes if I am not mistaken. Did you see the story of this journalist doing a liveshot from the press briefing room with a mask on and when the liveshot ended he was not aware that there was another TV camera in the room that picked him up after the liveshot taking his mask off! Phony! I believe that of course, that Trump bashes reporters who report untrue, negative stories about him, I would do the same damn thing, but not nearly as well and as effectively. Trump's got a little Don Rickles in him. Trump knew that the media would not stop lying about him in the years to come and he was right. Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
Who th' F'k is Stahl? Is he the most influential human being in America? Is he the PRESIDENT? No?

Then the COMPARISON IS MEANINGLESS! for all we know Stahl is a 'Secret Republican' and might not be wearing a mask because he read a tweet from the most powerful man in the country telling him that he doesn't need to. Maybe he just doesn't take the virus seriously like sooooooo many other idiot Americans... it doesn't matter. One man not taking the responsibility of wearing a mask does NOT ABSOLVE ANOTHER! It most CERTAINLY does not ABSOLVE TRUMP from lying out his teeth about anything to do with Carona and actively hampering America's ability to recover you giant ASS WIPER!

PRIORITIES!

*sigh*

We're all gonna f'kin die.
Damselbinder

Post

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
We're all gonna f'kin die.
Image
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

OK, NO PERSONAL INSULTS PEOPLE, after all we aren't the president :giggle:
(Given his flatulent and incontinence issues no one wants to be his ass wiper anyway.)

And I get its an emotional topic as people dying on a massive scale should be, but please be civil to each other.

Few masks and no social distancing at the Georgia rally, just pathetic lop-sided stats spouted that ignored the virus meaning more votes were received by mail than in any previous election.

Wear a mask, stay apart, and increase your chances of living (however remotely you may feel that increase to be)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
User avatar
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 308
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Stahl was caught not wearing a mask by the way behind the scenes if I am not mistaken.
And Churchill was frequently drunk at work. So I guess that lets Hitler off the hook, then... 😉😄

(Trump walked out of an interview with Stahl when he objected to her questions; two masked Whitehouse staffers then approach Stahl while she's apparently asking if he is coming back, and the end result was at least six seconds of them standing next to her while she is still maskless. So yes, Stahl messed up by not immediately putting her mask on.)

Lockdown has given us all more time to catch up on reading and other activities. Before the election I actually read a load of political books, including about half a dozen of the leading anti and pro Trump volumes. One that was an eye opener was Michael Cohen's effort, Trump's former fixer and right hand man who was convicted of perguring himself to hide hush-money payments made to former porn star Stormy Daniels. It is an interesting book because it explains how Trump demands above anything else loyalty from those around him, and how he manipulates and intimidates people into being loyal. And Cohen was (until Trump abandoned him) the most loyal of the loyal, by Cohen's own admission.

Cohen basically outlines how a lot of Trump's problems are his own making. He is notorious for not paying his bills, and basically screwing people over at every opportunity. As Cohen explains he learned the hard way when the FBI came sniffing around the hush-money payments (which, BTW, Cohen funded himself and was never reimbursed for) , Trump demands extreme loyalty from all around him, but rarely returns the favour.

According to former insiders like Cohen and Anthony Scaramucci, the reason why Trump ended up with Rudy Giuliani as a lawyer for the impeachment hearings, and again for this stop the steal campaign to overturn the election result, is not because every law firm objects to working for Trump on idiolocical grounds, but because the law firms know that it will be Trump and not the Republican party paying the bills, and he has such a long standing reputation of not paying up that nobody wanted to risk committing to doing any substantial amounts of work for him. So he ended up with Rudy, who is working (apparently) for free. And Trump touts this as yet another massive conspiracy against him, just like the New York business community hated him, and the media hate him, and journalists hate him, and all the European leaders hate him, and so on and so on... And to be fair some of them probably do hate him, but you can't help but think when you read some of the books about him (including the one by Mary Trump which details how he tried to take advantage of his elderly father with Alzheimer's, and later screwed over his siblings by denying them their share of his dead father's estate by falsifying the valuation of his companies) that Trump really works very very hard to make it tough to like him.

Some people just instantly dislike him, and the rest Trump works on until they follow suit. Why? Who knows. The impression you get is that he only seems to be happy when he's able to consider himself the victim.

R5
Bert

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Stahl was caught not wearing a mask by the way behind the scenes if I am not mistaken.
Was she? What were the circumstances? Was she taking a drink? Was she socially distanced? Was she kissing strangers on the mouth? Because if I don't know the circumstances then you mentioning it is, um, utterly pointless. Furthermore, even if she was kissing strangers on the mouth it in absolutely no way diminishes the fact that Trump told her point blank that he purposely attacked the media with the intent of discrediting them so people wouldn't believe what they reported. And it worked. You're not a dumb guy but you've fully bought into this fiction that the (ughh) "lamestream media" is fake news. Mission accomplished, orange narcissist huckster.
Bert

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
I believe that of course, that Trump bashes reporters who report untrue, negative stories about him, I would do the same damn thing, but not nearly as well and as effectively.
Come on BWB, that statement is beneath you. I don't believe for a second that you think Trump only cries "fake news" when the stories are actually untrue. We both know that Donald Trump's relationship with the concept of honesty is nonexistent.
Bert

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
If any of that was true, and if Trump was materially libeled by media organizations, he would have sued their asses off. Trump is probably the most litigious man in America. If media actually libeled him regularly he would have buried them in lawsuits.
Bert

Post

Giuliani has tested positive for Covid-19. In a completely unrelated development, Just For Men shares have nosedived even further.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 614
Joined: 13 years ago

Post

Is flatulence a symptom of COVID-19?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
If any of that was true, and if Trump was materially libeled by media organizations, he would have sued their asses off. Trump is probably the most litigious man in America. If media actually libeled him regularly he would have buried them in lawsuits.
If Trump tried to sue everybody in the media that reported falsehoods about him he would get nothing done, which I suppose would be a worthwhile goal for radical and deranged liberals and progressives.
Damselbinder

Post

Convenient.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Convenient.
Not convenient if you want the truth reported about you and all you get are formerly journalistic organizations now choosing sides and acting as a propaganda arm of the Democratic party. All of the fake news that is fit to print. Just today I learned of this douche Kurt Eichenwald, formerly of the NY Times who in a tweet compared the GOP to the Nazis in regards to their handling of COVID. (There was a screen grab of the tweet) The dude then deleted the tweet. These are the types of people the NY Times hires. Very little diversity of thought or opinion there, liberal bubble echo chamber indeed.
Bert

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
If any of that was true, and if Trump was materially libeled by media organizations, he would have sued their asses off. Trump is probably the most litigious man in America. If media actually libeled him regularly he would have buried them in lawsuits.
If Trump tried to sue everybody in the media that reported falsehoods about him he would get nothing done, which I suppose would be a worthwhile goal for radical and deranged liberals and progressives.
Good point. The poor man has been working his stubby fingers to the bone saving American lives from the pandemic.
Damselbinder

Post

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
If any of that was true, and if Trump was materially libeled by media organizations, he would have sued their asses off. Trump is probably the most litigious man in America. If media actually libeled him regularly he would have buried them in lawsuits.
If Trump tried to sue everybody in the media that reported falsehoods about him he would get nothing done, which I suppose would be a worthwhile goal for radical and deranged liberals and progressives.
Good point. The poor man has been working his stubby fingers to the bone saving American lives from the pandemic.
Image
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Even before Trump came into office, the credibility of the media was eroding year by year with each new issue of media lies and malpractice, and he saw that their hatred and antagonism would continue throughout his presidency and he sought to discredit the bad actors in the media by diminishing their power to misrepresent him and his policies.
If any of that was true, and if Trump was materially libeled by media organizations, he would have sued their asses off. Trump is probably the most litigious man in America. If media actually libeled him regularly he would have buried them in lawsuits.
If Trump tried to sue everybody in the media that reported falsehoods about him he would get nothing done, which I suppose would be a worthwhile goal for radical and deranged liberals and progressives.
Good point. The poor man has been working his stubby fingers to the bone saving American lives from the pandemic.
Not so much. I wish that were the case. One of the core priorities of a sitting president is to protect Americans from threats and enemies foreign and domestic, and since the Chinese virus is the quintessential example of a foreign threat, that Trump mishandled the pandemic to an epic degree on many fronts.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

He's been involved in 4 000 litigations in his lifetime. So he seems pretty au fait with the process. Time doesn't bother him because its his lawyers who do the graft. Even if he was in the right 99% of the time (and he wasn't) then with 40 instances against you that's kinda career criminal stuff, no?
At a host of press conferences where he has openly lied and been challenged on the lie, most honest people would take umbrage at being accused of lying. He just goes on to tell BIGGER lies.

I hope Rudy pulls through, both at a human level and for the sake of global comedy.

He's been admitted to Georgetown University Medical Centre, hopefully that's a hospital and not another garden centre.

The photos and video of him in Georgia rarely showed a mask and zero social distancing., him shaking hands and embracing people. This is what happens when you do that in these times, I'm afraid.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 614
Joined: 13 years ago

Post

I hope his healthcare is better than his hair care.

Why didn't Donnie fix the libel laws when he had Congress at his disposal so that he could stop the Failing New York Times from lying? If he had, then we'd now all know what a great job he's done with the virus.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

^^^ I think you mean great, great job.
Possibly the greatest job any one has ever done.
Ever. In the history of people doing great jobs.
Many, many people are saying that... Maybe they are right, I dunno. <spread arms wide, deliver false self deprecating smile, exit stage left to play golf>

Looking likely to reach 300,000 dead by Christmas. That's one death for every tweet he's made since in office.

I hope the guys at his rally in Georgia have voted, as a lot of them will be dead or in hospital or isolating by Jan 5th.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Post

A few morning headlines.

"Arizona legislature closes after Giuliani spent two days with maskless GOP lawmakers"

"Armed protesters alleging voter fraud surrounded the home of Michigan’s secretary of state"

"What Trump supporters in Georgia believe: Four more years for the president. In several dozen interviews over the past few days, not a single supporter of President Trump said Joe Biden would take office on Jan. 20."


In the U.S., deaths are averaging over 2,200 per day, cases are averaging just under 200,000 per day and current hospitalizations are a bit over 100,000. Unbelievably, all of these numbers are still trending upwards. The world's richest, most powerful nation has just thrown up its hands in defeat and surrendered to a devastating pandemic. The president golfs, rages about losing the election on Twitter and holds superspreader rallies. I'm pretty cynical, but if you told me five years ago that this would be the current state of America there is no way I'd have believed it.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1505
Joined: 14 years ago

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Convenient.
Not convenient if you want the truth reported about you and all you get are formerly journalistic organizations now choosing sides and acting as a propaganda arm of the Democratic party. All of the fake news that is fit to print. Just today I learned of this douche Kurt Eichenwald, formerly of the NY Times who in a tweet compared the GOP to the Nazis in regards to their handling of COVID. (There was a screen grab of the tweet) The dude then deleted the tweet. These are the types of people the NY Times hires. Very little diversity of thought or opinion there, liberal bubble echo chamber indeed.
What does that prove? Anyone who read that post would have laughed their asses off. I'm no fan but if anything the Nazi's would have DONE something about Covid. If that meant locking people in their homes they would have, cause Nazi's, and as a result probably fewer people would have died as a result of virus. The GoP's handling of the virus is markedly WORSE than anything Nazi's would have fared. The Nazi's were a lot of terrible things, but inefficient isn't one of them. (I'm obviously being a little jib here. Nazi's would have dealt with Covid possibly faster than any other governmental body in history ever could by nature of being a technological powerhouse and wealthy nation with no compunctions whatsoever about taking people they didn't like off the streets and conducting human trials on them... but you can bet your ass they'd have found a vaccine in record time >_> )............ My point is only an idiot would think the GoP's handling of Covid resembles anything whatsoever how the Nazi's would have handled it.

But no I get your point! This Elchenwald guy said a thing... therefore we shouldn't wear masks and should praise Trump and ignore all the times he's BLATANTLY lied to our faces and we should really be directing all of our ire toward the Media for calling out all those times he BLATANTLY lied to our faces because we should totally be more worried about the Media lying to us than the single most powerful figure in our governmental system... Elchenwald compared the GoP to Nazi's once guys... case closed.



So can we finally quit using this weird fascination with excusing Trump's actions because Mr. Unrelated did a thing or said something similar or is also a hypocrite? I don't know what kind of fallacy that is, but it's GOT to be one. Bushwackerbob, once and for all, IT DOESN'T MATTER what someone besides Trump did that is bad, if Trump ALSO did this bad thing than TRUMP needs to answer for it, Trump being in the most powerful and influential position in America additionally makes dealing with TRUMPS bad behavior MORE IMPORTANT than dealing with Mr. Unrelated.... We clear?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
He's been involved in 4 000 litigations in his lifetime. So he seems pretty au fait with the process. Time doesn't bother him because its his lawyers who do the graft. Even if he was in the right 99% of the time (and he wasn't) then with 40 instances against you that's kinda career criminal stuff, no?
At a host of press conferences where he has openly lied and been challenged on the lie, most honest people would take umbrage at being accused of lying. He just goes on to tell BIGGER lies.

I hope Rudy pulls through, both at a human level and for the sake of global comedy.

He's been admitted to Georgetown University Medical Centre, hopefully that's a hospital and not another garden centre.

The photos and video of him in Georgia rarely showed a mask and zero social distancing., him shaking hands and embracing people. This is what happens when you do that in these times, I'm afraid.
Rudy's service to the country after 9/11 makes him far greater than any media personality on CNN or NYT taking shots at him. NYC would not have as many dead as under De Blasio with a leader in charge
Damselbinder

Post

"Which means Giuliani can do whatever he likes, and is immune to all criticism forever, regardless of what he does." I mean, if I had to simp for someone I don't know that I'd pick Rudy Giuliani but uh, you do you, man.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
"Which means Giuliani can do whatever he likes, and is immune to all criticism forever, regardless of what he does." I mean, if I had to simp for someone I don't know that I'd pick Rudy Giuliani but uh, you do you, man.
No but , it seems that all the media does is protect the Dems who are responsible for most of the deaths: Cuomo, Pelsoi , Newsome etc. Not to mention they are breaking the rules.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

20 years ago he cared about his fellow Americans , now, as evidenced by his behaviour , not so much
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Post

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
No but , it seems that all the media does is protect the Dems who are responsible for most of the deaths: Cuomo, Pelsoi , Newsome etc.
Clearly, arguing with someone who makes a statement like that is pointless. There is nothing to be gained. Ignore it.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
"Which means Giuliani can do whatever he likes, and is immune to all criticism forever, regardless of what he does." I mean, if I had to simp for someone I don't know that I'd pick Rudy Giuliani but uh, you do you, man.
No but , it seems that all the media does is protect the Dems who are responsible for most of the deaths: Cuomo, Pelsoi , Newsome etc. Not to mention they are breaking the rules.
The Dems weren't the ones who scrapped the Pandemic Task Force Unit, and refused to use the pandemic playbook that had been developed FOR PRECISELY THIS SITUATION . Use of either or both those entities could have nipped this in the bud and you would be talking 10s of thousands dead at this stage rather than several hundred thousand with all stats rising by the day - infections, hospitalizations, and deaths.

I hope everyone on here makes it to Christmas and beyond, but sadly for another 20,000 of your countrymen that wont be the case. If you are in charge of a nation and there's a nationwide disaster, it's on you. 'The buck stops here'as it used to say on the Presidents desk. I mean the big one, the Resolute Desk, not the little baby one for naughty schoolboys ( the Irresolute desk?)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Convenient.
Not convenient if you want the truth reported about you and all you get are formerly journalistic organizations now choosing sides and acting as a propaganda arm of the Democratic party. All of the fake news that is fit to print. Just today I learned of this douche Kurt Eichenwald, formerly of the NY Times who in a tweet compared the GOP to the Nazis in regards to their handling of COVID. (There was a screen grab of the tweet) The dude then deleted the tweet. These are the types of people the NY Times hires. Very little diversity of thought or opinion there, liberal bubble echo chamber indeed.
What does that prove? Anyone who read that post would have laughed their asses off. I'm no fan but if anything the Nazi's would have DONE something about Covid. If that meant locking people in their homes they would have, cause Nazi's, and as a result probably fewer people would have died as a result of virus. The GoP's handling of the virus is markedly WORSE than anything Nazi's would have fared. The Nazi's were a lot of terrible things, but inefficient isn't one of them. (I'm obviously being a little jib here. Nazi's would have dealt with Covid possibly faster than any other governmental body in history ever could by nature of being a technological powerhouse and wealthy nation with no compunctions whatsoever about taking people they didn't like off the streets and conducting human trials on them... but you can bet your ass they'd have found a vaccine in record time >_> )............ My point is only an idiot would think the GoP's handling of Covid resembles anything whatsoever how the Nazi's would have handled it.

But no I get your point! This Elchenwald guy said a thing... therefore we shouldn't wear masks and should praise Trump and ignore all the times he's BLATANTLY lied to our faces and we should really be directing all of our ire toward the Media for calling out all those times he BLATANTLY lied to our faces because we should totally be more worried about the Media lying to us than the single most powerful figure in our governmental system... Elchenwald compared the GoP to Nazi's once guys... case closed.



So can we finally quit using this weird fascination with excusing Trump's actions because Mr. Unrelated did a thing or said something similar or is also a hypocrite? I don't know what kind of fallacy that is, but it's GOT to be one. Bushwackerbob, once and for all, IT DOESN'T MATTER what someone besides Trump did that is bad, if Trump ALSO did this bad thing than TRUMP needs to answer for it, Trump being in the most powerful and influential position in America additionally makes dealing with TRUMPS bad behavior MORE IMPORTANT than dealing with Mr. Unrelated.... We clear?
We are 100% not clear Femina. We are talking about two entirely different things, I guess you have not been paying attention to my posts! In a couple of my posts yesterday, I mentioned that Trump has mishandled this pandemic to a massive degree and that I felt that he deserved to lose the election based on his incompetence in regards to COVID. Somehow, inevitably I guess, This topic veered from a topic based on living in the age of the Coronavirus to attacking Trump for non COVID related matters, which is completely fine by me, because I love to debate US politics with the good people on this site, I am certainly an argumentative SOB. I do think the down side of conflating living with COVID and a discussion of Trump's unrelated COVID policies and personality traits, including the all encompassing anti Trump media bias examples can get confusing for some folks on this site however. Eichenwald is a symbol, only one example of the corrupt, formerly journalistic organization called the NY Times. That tweet is a symbol of their mindset of how they see members of the GOP, so yes Femina, I do think that tweet is important and relevant. Trump may be leaving the scene, but these numerous examples, this trend of partisan, anti conservative media bias, which started way before Trump came to office, and which will continue after he leaves, which has led to a long term erosion of credibility among the American people in regards to how they view the lamestream media will also continue as well.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
"Which means Giuliani can do whatever he likes, and is immune to all criticism forever, regardless of what he does." I mean, if I had to simp for someone I don't know that I'd pick Rudy Giuliani but uh, you do you, man.
No but , it seems that all the media does is protect the Dems who are responsible for most of the deaths: Cuomo, Pelsoi , Newsome etc. Not to mention they are breaking the rules.
The Dems weren't the ones who scrapped the Pandemic Task Force Unit, and refused to use the pandemic playbook that had been developed FOR PRECISELY THIS SITUATION . Use of either or both those entities could have nipped this in the bud and you would be talking 10s of thousands dead at this stage rather than several hundred thousand with all stats rising by the day - infections, hospitalizations, and deaths.

I hope everyone on here makes it to Christmas and beyond, but sadly for another 20,000 of your countrymen that wont be the case. If you are in charge of a nation and there's a nationwide disaster, it's on you. 'The buck stops here'as it used to say on the Presidents desk. I mean the big one, the Resolute Desk, not the little baby one for naughty schoolboys ( the Irresolute desk?)
The Dems are the ones who refused to pass a Covid only relief bill. So the blood and loss jobs are on Pelosi's and the other Dems hands
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 614
Joined: 13 years ago

Post

"a Covid only relief bill." Convenient made-up term to gloss over the fact that Mitch has been sitting on his hands for months.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1505
Joined: 14 years ago

Post

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
We are 100% not clear Femina. We are talking about two entirely different things, I guess you have not been paying attention to my posts! In a couple of my posts yesterday, I mentioned that Trump has mishandled this pandemic to a massive degree and that I felt that he deserved to lose the election based on his incompetence in regards to COVID. Somehow, inevitably I guess, This topic veered from a topic based on living in the age of the Coronavirus to attacking Trump for non COVID related matters, which is completely fine by me, because I love to debate US politics with the good people on this site, I am certainly an argumentative SOB. I do think the down side of conflating living with COVID and a discussion of Trump's unrelated COVID policies and personality traits, including the all encompassing anti Trump media bias examples can get confusing for some folks on this site however. Eichenwald is a symbol, only one example of the corrupt, formerly journalistic organization called the NY Times. That tweet is a symbol of their mindset of how they see members of the GOP, so yes Femina, I do think that tweet is important and relevant. Trump may be leaving the scene, but these numerous examples, this trend of partisan, anti conservative media bias, which started way before Trump came to office, and which will continue after he leaves, which has led to a long term erosion of credibility among the American people in regards to how they view the lamestream media will also continue as well.
Fair enough, the only thing I'd want to counterpoint on this is that we're extrapolating an awful lot of 'them' in a group sense over the tweet of one doofus. Eichenwald himself is not the Totality of the NY Times. The only thing his deleted tweet prooves is that for a brief period of madness, He envisioned that the GoP were somehow comparable to Nazi's in their response to Covid... which, since he deleted the tweet, we can only theorize as to if he came to his senses, was urged to take it down, realized he didn't say what he meant to, etc. etc. etc.

Deleting a tweet is not a symbol of conspiracy, it is in fact, the wisest thing a tweeter can do. Everybody should delete all their tweets, delete their accounts, and let Twitter die.

The problem with Twitter is that its a stream of thought recorder... and human beings rarely have their thoughts formulated properly when they are encouraged to just blather everything out unfiltered. Twitter's stupid, anyone who uses Twitter is taking stupid risks for no good reason and anyone who uses Twitter as a means to extrapolate a picture of who the tweeter is should probably recognize that two hundred characters of unfiltered mouth vomit probably hasn't been considered well enough to ensure they've even properly said what they meant to say... some exception of course can be made when forming opinions on people who tweet fifty times a day
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

Anyone with any personal Covid experiences to share of what it's like in their locale?

Pubs are 'open' in Wales but can't sell alcohol.
The cynic in me says it's because then pubs shut of their own volition rather than being ordered to close by the Welsh govt, so the level of compensation they have to pay is less.

I'm caring for my elderly mother and in the at risk category myself so I haven't been out since September save for food shopping once a week.

A couple of my mates elderly mums have died from it and very sadly two nurses who were a couple both caught it and died in my sisters street.

Grim times all over.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

If any politician deserves to get Covid 19, it is Pelosi who held up the relief to get Biden elected
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 97
Joined: 17 years ago
Location: North of the Mason-Dixon Line, East of Chicago

Post

Actually a second stimulus bill was sent to the US Senate in May, neither Senator McConnell nor the White House took any notice since they needed to foist some weird Notre Dame Cheerleader on the Supreme Court.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
We are 100% not clear Femina. We are talking about two entirely different things, I guess you have not been paying attention to my posts! In a couple of my posts yesterday, I mentioned that Trump has mishandled this pandemic to a massive degree and that I felt that he deserved to lose the election based on his incompetence in regards to COVID. Somehow, inevitably I guess, This topic veered from a topic based on living in the age of the Coronavirus to attacking Trump for non COVID related matters, which is completely fine by me, because I love to debate US politics with the good people on this site, I am certainly an argumentative SOB. I do think the down side of conflating living with COVID and a discussion of Trump's unrelated COVID policies and personality traits, including the all encompassing anti Trump media bias examples can get confusing for some folks on this site however. Eichenwald is a symbol, only one example of the corrupt, formerly journalistic organization called the NY Times. That tweet is a symbol of their mindset of how they see members of the GOP, so yes Femina, I do think that tweet is important and relevant. Trump may be leaving the scene, but these numerous examples, this trend of partisan, anti conservative media bias, which started way before Trump came to office, and which will continue after he leaves, which has led to a long term erosion of credibility among the American people in regards to how they view the lamestream media will also continue as well.
Fair enough, the only thing I'd want to counterpoint on this is that we're extrapolating an awful lot of 'them' in a group sense over the tweet of one doofus. Eichenwald himself is not the Totality of the NY Times. The only thing his deleted tweet prooves is that for a brief period of madness, He envisioned that the GoP were somehow comparable to Nazi's in their response to Covid... which, since he deleted the tweet, we can only theorize as to if he came to his senses, was urged to take it down, realized he didn't say what he meant to, etc. etc. etc.

Deleting a tweet is not a symbol of conspiracy, it is in fact, the wisest thing a tweeter can do. Everybody should delete all their tweets, delete their accounts, and let Twitter die.

The problem with Twitter is that its a stream of thought recorder... and human beings rarely have their thoughts formulated properly when they are encouraged to just blather everything out unfiltered. Twitter's stupid, anyone who uses Twitter is taking stupid risks for no good reason and anyone who uses Twitter as a means to extrapolate a picture of who the tweeter is should probably recognize that two hundred characters of unfiltered mouth vomit probably hasn't been considered well enough to ensure they've even properly said what they meant to say... some exception of course can be made when forming opinions on people who tweet fifty times a day
Fair enough, I would agree with your take on Twitter being a stream of consciousness thing, and the ensuing danger of tweeting something without entirely processing it and getting one's emotions under control. There is some stuff I would like to take back on there myself, but then again I do not have a brand or reputation to protect like some of these folks. Eichenwald is not the totality of the NY Times, that of course is true, but the problem is that they have a whole lot of Eichenwalds over there.
User avatar
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1042
Joined: 14 years ago

Post

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
If any politician deserves to get Covid 19, it is Pelosi who held up the relief to get Biden elected
JohnFeer wrote:
3 years ago
Actually a second stimulus bill was sent to the US Senate in May, neither Senator McConnell nor the White House took any notice since they needed to foist some weird Notre Dame Cheerleader on the Supreme Court.
Yep, it was Moscow Mitch 'who held up the relief to get Biden elected!'

Also, no one 'deserves to get Covid 19.'
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Boston, MA

Post

JohnFeer wrote:
3 years ago
Actually a second stimulus bill was sent to the US Senate in May, neither Senator McConnell nor the White House took any notice since they needed to foist some weird Notre Dame Cheerleader on the Supreme Court.
My guess is that if I had called the Democratic female equivalent of Supreme Court Justice Amy Comey Barrett a cheerleader, that I would be immediately derided as a sexist pig by the left wingers and feminists everywhere and they would be right. A rather demeaning comment I would say, just reducing a woman to a mere predictable stereotypical trope. We are talking about a real person here, not some superheroine fantasy. Real nice.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
If any politician deserves to get Covid 19, it is Pelosi who held up the relief to get Biden elected
JohnFeer wrote:
3 years ago
Actually a second stimulus bill was sent to the US Senate in May, neither Senator McConnell nor the White House took any notice since they needed to foist some weird Notre Dame Cheerleader on the Supreme Court.
Yep, it was Moscow Mitch 'who held up the relief to get Biden elected!'

Also, no one 'deserves to get Covid 19.'
The Senate and President proposed a covid only bill. Nancy now is for a bill with less money, because Biden got elected.

It is Nancy and the Dems fault,and they are the one breaking their own covid rules. Or do you give Nancy a pass for the haircut?
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

You must see there's a difference between the odd lapse (and I agree going for a haircut was stupid) and the day in day out breaking of your own health guidelines. It's like comparing someone who crashed their car in an accident and killed someone with Ted Bundy.
Yes they both killed people but one instance is far far worse and to bleat about the odd instance of non mask wearing on the Dems side when you have had an entire regime suffering from not wearing one day in day out and openly violating it's own health guidance, is just chalk and cheese. How many will have to isolate because of Rudys half assed approach to wearing one? Embracing people, shaking hands posing with strangers for selfies. But let's forget all that and say one haircut is of the same magnitude.
It isn't. Both are wrong but one instance is much more serious. Take a guess which one
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 614
Joined: 13 years ago

Post

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
The Senate and President proposed a covid only bill. Nancy now is for a bill with less money, because Biden got elected.
"covid only bill" is mendacious nonsense.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

Imagineer wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
The Senate and President proposed a covid only bill. Nancy now is for a bill with less money, because Biden got elected.
"covid only bill" is mendacious nonsense.
No it is what is needed.

There is no need to fund cities that were in trouble because of their pension obligations before Covid . When the economy had recovered from the Obama recession.
In fact we should drain the pension fund of all politicians current and former to give to working people
Damselbinder

Post

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
The Senate and President proposed a covid only bill. Nancy now is for a bill with less money, because Biden got elected.
"covid only bill" is mendacious nonsense.
No it is what is needed.

There is no need to fund cities that were in trouble because of their pension obligations before Covid . When the economy had recovered from the Obama recession.
In fact we should drain the pension fund of all politicians current and former to give to working people
"Recovered from the Obama recession"?

That's just provably false. Your country was in recession BEFORE Obama because of the housing crisis (etc). The economy grew under him. That's just

I mean at this point you're genuinely just imagining provable tosh.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
The Senate and President proposed a covid only bill. Nancy now is for a bill with less money, because Biden got elected.
"covid only bill" is mendacious nonsense.
No it is what is needed.

There is no need to fund cities that were in trouble because of their pension obligations before Covid . When the economy had recovered from the Obama recession.
In fact we should drain the pension fund of all politicians current and former to give to working people
"Recovered from the Obama recession"?

That's just provably false. Your country was in recession BEFORE Obama because of the housing crisis (etc). The economy grew under him. That's just

I mean at this point you're genuinely just imagining provable tosh.
The economy grew under Trump(I have stated before I am not a Trump fan , I just think he is a far better President than the racist Obama). Look at the number pre Covid
Damselbinder

Post

Okay

"the economy grew under Trump" does not mean "the economy shrank under Obama". The one does not logically imply the other.

You... do understand that, right?
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

But it's just a continuation of the Obama recovery. He didn't get any policy changes through in the first 9 months of his presidency yet still the economy boomed and he happily took the credit for it.
His tax breaks for the rich go on until 2032 I believe but the tax breaks for the poor that was tacked on to it end in next 18 months and its based on trickle down economics, a theory that is proven not to work. You give 10, 000 people $100 dollars and they will spend it in most cases. You give 10 people $100,000 and some of it gets spent some squirrelled away and some will be invested wherever the returns are best, often abroad. You give money to the rich and it doesn't circulate in the economy the same way as when it's given to the poor.
You guys got that hardship to thank Trump for in 2022.

I see Jenna Ellis has Covid and she attended a Christmas party at the White House Friday.
Who would have thought she could catch it sitting next to Guliani for hours without a mask on Thursday, huh.
You will see it decimate Whitehouse ranks yet again. Sooner or later you'd think they would have the sense to stop having bloody parties.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: 10 years ago

Post

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
But it's just a continuation of the Obama recovery. He didn't get any policy changes through in the first 9 months of his presidency yet still the economy boomed and he happily took the credit for it.
His tax breaks for the rich go on until 2032 I believe but the tax breaks for the poor that was tacked on to it end in next 18 months and its based on trickle down economics, a theory that is proven not to work. You give 10, 000 people $100 dollars and they will spend it in most cases. You give 10 people $100,000 and some of it gets spent some squirrelled away and some will be invested wherever the returns are best, often abroad. You give money to the rich and it doesn't circulate in the economy the same way as when it's given to the poor.
You guys got that hardship to thank Trump for in 2022.

I see Jenna Ellis has Covid and she attended a Christmas party at the White House Friday.
Who would have thought she could catch it sitting next to Guliani for hours without a mask on Thursday, huh.
You will see it decimate Whitehouse ranks yet again. Sooner or later you'd think they would have the sense to stop having bloody parties.
It was nothing to do with Obama,. Obama anti business agenda hurt the economy

Obama was a failure in every way.

Trump will never get the credit for saving the economy after the shake down artiest anymore than get the vaccine so quickly

The death and the shut business are due to Pelosi who is still holding up relief.
She deserved to be prosecuted for mass murder
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5390
Joined: 13 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories

Post

But the guy whose incompetence has actually killed 285,000, you must be really rooting for him to be prosecuted for mass murder then.
After all you have forensic evidence in 285,000 graves and growing.

As for the recovery under Obama even your Messiah Trump didn't deny that it had happened, he just said it was one of the slowest recovery from recession ever seen but a) there haven't been recession on that scale (as even the great depression didn't have the impact we see these days with globally interlinked supply chains) and b) it was another Trump lie.

I know where Trump lives if you wanna go and protest about his mass murder thing as I can see its very important to you. Ish.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests