Cover For FemForce 188

shevek
Producer
Producer

No kidding! Bill Black never stops with the amazing sexy heroines!

Fem Force is one of our biggest influences, and Bill now has a copy of our comic and some of our episodes.

We hope to bring him up to Pittsburgh next year for a Comicon if he's willing.

We have most of the first 80 or so issues of Fem Force, and can't wait to pick up this new one.
Hard to find it in most comic shops!
Femfan1
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Bill's getting up there and has some health issues, but if he's healthy enough and conventions happen in 2021, he'd be a great guest. Lots of stories and lots of insight into how to be an independent comic book publisher. The guy should be legendary for what he and Mark Heike have been able to accomplish over the last 40 years. He's originally from PA, so he may have other reasons to make the trip. I know if he's there, I'll be there to spend time with him. The Pittsburgh Comicon in Monroeville was my favorite show for a long time until Renee George sold it. Haven't been back since, but I was set up in Artists' Alley with Ed Coutts for more than a decade.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femfan1 wrote:
3 years ago
Bill's getting up there and has some health issues, but if he's healthy enough and conventions happen in 2021, he'd be a great guest. Lots of stories and lots of insight into how to be an independent comic book publisher. The guy should be legendary for what he and Mark Heike have been able to accomplish over the last 40 years. He's originally from PA, so he may have other reasons to make the trip. I know if he's there, I'll be there to spend time with him. The Pittsburgh Comicon in Monroeville was my favorite show for a long time until Renee George sold it. Haven't been back since, but I was set up in Artists' Alley with Ed Coutts for more than a decade.
Hey Femfan1 - Finally someone else from our area! Yes Bill and Mark are absolute legends, at least among a select fanbase such as ourselves. We were actually going to bring another Florida comics legend up to Three Rivers Comicon this past spring - Roland Mann, early of Malibu Comics and now of Silverline Comics - but of course that all got cancelled. Roland will hopefully come up in 2021 if things finally settle down, and maybe Bill Black the year after that (we can only afford to sponsor one guest at a time - two years ago we did that with Bill Messner-Loebs).

Yes, Pittsburgh Comicon was amazing for a long time - one of the big names who was almost always there was George Perez. When we talk about our own comic, we usually tell the more experienced comic store owners that it's influenced by George Perez (who of course loves to both draw and film beautiful women) and Bill Black's Fem Force (same), so they get the idea. As for Renee George, I'm not sure if you know the whole sordid story behind why she sold it, but we won't go into that here. Renee actually owns the Comics World store in Windber, PA and they carry our book right now. She seems to be settled down and doing OK.
Femfan1
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I've been curious about Three Rivers Comicon. Is it as hospitable and easygoing as the show the Georges ran? There was such an element of familiarity with that show with even "unknown" artists being remembered by the staff and organizers year to year, not to mention the interactions with fans who were regulars to the table. I do miss it. I'm only a few hours away, so it was always an easy trip to make. I do have some small knowledge of what was going on that might have led to the sale (the events in Michigan), but nothing like local knowledge.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUGo28 ... Skwmmc8rpw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monsky.paul.1/
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femfan1 wrote:
3 years ago
I've been curious about Three Rivers Comicon. Is it as hospitable and easygoing as the show the Georges ran? There was such an element of familiarity with that show with even "unknown" artists being remembered by the staff and organizers year to year, not to mention the interactions with fans who were regulars to the table. I do miss it. I'm only a few hours away, so it was always an easy trip to make. I do have some small knowledge of what was going on that might have led to the sale (the events in Michigan), but nothing like local knowledge.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUGo28 ... Skwmmc8rpw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monsky.paul.1/
Steel City Comicon which replaced Pittsburgh Comicon in Monroeville is very different - much more pop culture oriented.

Owners of New Dimension Comics (a local chain) started Three Rivers to bring back that down-home comic creators' vibe, and they have been able to get indie companies to set up large booths (Black Box, Action Lab, Valiant, Devil's Due). Heavy emphasis on comics and a laid-back feel.

Yes, if you're aware of the events in Michigan, Renee tried to run the Con for one more year by herself after that (at least from what I understand) and then ended her involvement. As I mentioned, she now quietly runs a comic shop in Central PA.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femfan1 wrote:
3 years ago
The Pittsburgh Comicon in Monroeville was my favorite show for a long time until Renee George sold it. Haven't been back since, but I was set up in Artists' Alley with Ed Coutts for more than a decade.
Hey Femfan - We'll be at Steel City Comicon this weekend if you want to roll through. I forgot to mention earlier - pretty sure you know why Renee George had to ultimately sell the Con (we won't go into that here)...but maybe you didn't know she has been running a comic book store in Windber, PA for the past few years called Comic World (our comics are sold there).

Anyway, not to get too off the topic of this thread, but I'm sure you will enjoy this and so will Mighty Hypnotic.
Here's an interior page from the latest issue, Femforce #193! (not sure when that will be available)
This kind of style is absolutely everything we love about this classic title and "80s good-girl art" in general.
Keep that spandex tight and the action intense!
fem force 193.jpg
fem force 193.jpg (826.79 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
Femfan1
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I wish I could get away this weekend to drive up but too many family obligations. I'm hoping to be able to get to a show or two in the fall!
shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Femfan1 wrote:
3 years ago
The Pittsburgh Comicon in Monroeville was my favorite show for a long time until Renee George sold it. Haven't been back since, but I was set up in Artists' Alley with Ed Coutts for more than a decade.
Hey Femfan - We'll be at Steel City Comicon this weekend if you want to roll through. I forgot to mention earlier - pretty sure you know why Renee George had to ultimately sell the Con (we won't go into that here)...but maybe you didn't know she has been running a comic book store in Windber, PA for the past few years called Comic World (our comics are sold there).

Anyway, not to get too off the topic of this thread, but I'm sure you will enjoy this and so will Mighty Hypnotic.
Here's an interior page from the latest issue, Femforce #193! (not sure when that will be available)
This kind of style is absolutely everything we love about this classic title and "80s good-girl art" in general.
Keep that spandex tight and the action intense!

fem force 193.jpg
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh was at Akron Comicon this past weekend, and I picked up a whole FemForce run from Dan Gorman at Rubber City Comics who seems like a good supporter of AC Comics. Here's FemForce 174 thru 187! (but not 188, which MH mentioned in the thread title a year ago).
IMG_4269.JPG
IMG_4269.JPG (5.56 MiB) Viewed 835 times