Zorro Gender-Swapped TV Reboot Is Happening at NBC

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Thoughts anyone? Will this be another Queen of Swords?

Though with the trend on TV and movies nowadays, I am not really that optimistic, but we can still always hope, can't we?

https://tvweb.com/zorro-tv-show-reboot- ... RnEyU18ObY
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Doctor Who, Zorro, Thor, I would love to see a gender swapped Ghost Rider!!!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's not a Thor situation. She's like, Zorro's daughter or ancestor or something... so a 'passing the torch' not 'stealing identity'.

I mean... Queen of Swords already did it..... but I bet the budget will be better so, tentatively looking forward to the costume reveal.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That's some great news to start the day! It's not the biggest surprise that I'm verrrry happy about any movie or TV show with a masked woman in it.
Especially if it's a/the leading role!
I love "Queen of Swords" as it was one of the very few TV shows that offer exactly that. I even got used to her mask that didn't cover much AND wasn't even opague.
There were quite some good scenes regarding unmaskings and attempted unmaskings, a lot secret identity issues. :yes: :thumbup:
Right now, with only very little info on the new TV show, it's hard to tell if the show can be good and/or a commercial success.
As NBC is a bigger network they may have pretty high expectations on the ratings in comparison with smaller networks like the CW.
Don't know if such a show could meet these...
Looking forward to get more details...especially the costume (and MASK) and the actress are the most crucial parts. Hopefully they can deliver :hmmm:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
4 years ago

Though with the trend on TV and movies nowadays, I am not really that optimistic, but we can still always hope, can't we?

https://tvweb.com/zorro-tv-show-reboot- ... RnEyU18ObY
Just make sure the lead actress can do convincing sword play when either sex can't do it, the result is bad.

Highlander 3 Jakob Kell could not do swordplay

2nd have a decent villain. Queen of Swords two opponents were buffoons.

The actress so so

The only real interesting character was the doctor played by Peter Wiggenfeld(Methos of Highlander)
exxxidor456
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I have no issue with this. And a female Zorro should be hot as hell! :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Lets hope she's a .....(wait for it) .....FOX!!!!!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

Republic Pictures did a serial in about 1944, called "Zorro's Black Whip" had the beautiful Linda Stirling as a Female Zorro. It's available on YouTube.
Bert

The actress is QoS may not have been Meryl Streep, but she was absolutely gorgeous and did a fair amount of her own stunt and fighting work. The show was excellent. There was an episode where the Queen fought a Chinese woman. The Chinese warrior caught the Queen with a clean roundhouse kick to the face. Her reaction to the kick was awesome. She was defeated or nearly defeated in combat in several episodes. I loved Queen of Swords.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
4 years ago
The actress is QoS may not have been Meryl Streep, but she was absolutely gorgeous and did a fair amount of her own stunt and fighting work. The show was excellent. There was an episode where the Queen fought a Chinese woman. The Chinese warrior caught the Queen with a clean roundhouse kick to the face. Her reaction to the kick was awesome. She was defeated or nearly defeated in combat in several episodes. I loved Queen of Swords.

Let me clarify I was not speaking of Qos swordsplay, I was making a general comment about people who can't use a sword. One of the reason Hughlander the series is better than the movies on the action scenes, was that Adrian Paul is an accomplished martial artist.

Regarding QOS, the Governor and his military head were buffoons. compare them to the Zorro with Robert Montablan as the opponent
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

One of the reason Hughlander the series is better than the movies on the action scenes, was that Adrian Paul is an accomplished martial artist.
Is that the one that starred Hugh Laurie? :giggle:

(Yes I know, I'm an asshole. But I care not!)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
Regarding QOS, the Governor and his military head were buffoons. compare them to the Zorro with Robert Montablan as the opponent.
You need to watch the TV series version of Zorro from the late 1950s from Disney. That was more the military buffoon style.
shevek
Producer
Producer

brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
There was also a Lady Zorro in Gail Simone's Swords of Sorrow series for Dynamite in 2015, uniting all the public-domain female pulp heroines
for one adventure. The art in that was pretty sexy, actually - I have the TPB.

"The Legend of Zorra - Queen of Swords" would have been the best title for this TV show. Not expecting much from this either.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I expect this to be like everything else, but would like it be be good.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I look forward to this. Should be good. Least I hope so.