PSA Yahoo Groups is shutting down

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
xzrilm
Neophyte
Neophyte

In case you didn't know, Yahoo will be wiping all data in the groups by 14 Dec.

If there's any old stories in any old groups you want to save, now is the time to do so. Maybe even share them here so they aren't permanently lost :(
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thanks I have put a copy of this topic in the lounge for any who dont read stories here but may be interested
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

I would have a group for them to wipe but they already did it years ago when somebody reported me. I had a Group that I put the Wonder Woman stories I had collected in the files area. :( :(
xzrilm
Neophyte
Neophyte

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks I have put a copy of this topic in the lounge for any who dont read stories here bit may be interested
Thanks!
tmon wrote:
4 years ago
I would have a group for them to wipe but they already did it years ago when somebody reported me. I had a Group that I put the Wonder Woman stories I had collected in the files area. :( :(
That sucks. Do you still have copies of those stories or others? You could just zip them up and post a link here as a kind of impromptu respository.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Trouble is I really don't have any place online to put the stories.
bgrhugs
Sargeant
Sargeant

tmon wrote:
4 years ago
Trouble is I really don't have any place online to put the stories.
would like to read them also... there are places like deviant art for stories
xzrilm
Neophyte
Neophyte

You could zip them up and upload to a file sharing site like https://mega.nz/ or https://www.mediafire.com/ ?

That's probably easier than submitting each story individually to the forum haha.
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Interesting topic. For my part, I'm trying to figure out how to download all the pics and videos from yahoo groups before they shut down. I know it can be done file at a time, but that seems like a lot of work. Is there a faster way to do it?