Perils of Thunder Girl

All Online Games!
Darak
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hey, I didn't even notice there was a game section in the forum!

Perils of Thunder Girl is a series of superheroine games I'm making, with two of them done so far. They are text adventures: the computer describes your surroundings to you in text, and then you type orders like GET LAMP or BREAK ROPE to progress. There are pictures to complement the action but all the gameplay is text-based.

The games are sexy and bondagey but not explicit, which means no real mature elements (yet!). They play like escape-the-room puzzles except you play as a skimpy superheroine (with no powers) and the room is a nefarious deathtrap.

Both games can be played directly from the browser (Chrome recommended).

• Perils of Thunder Girl 1: https://thunder-girl.org/
    The first one can be played at and it has a retro feel with lower resolution images and text.

• Perils of Thunder Girl2 : https://thunder-girl.org/tg2/
    The second one is more elaborated with an intro, music, and high resolution images.

The games follow a linear story but can be really played in any order. The second one should be more accessible as it includes some help and a hints system. I'll update this post eventually if I make any new ones :)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wow, respect for making such games! The 2nd looks really good (much evolved from the first one)!
The music fits and the text is written really well.
The only thing that is a problem for me (and others?) is that I don't know the possible moves, the possible correct orders that move the game forward.
So, It's pretty much a guessing game, and not an easy one, especially when english isn't your first language.
-
If you are ever interested in making another game with Batgirl, Catwoman or Batwoman....I would have lots of ideas ;-)
With some villains who wants to unmask either one of them. Perhaps with an unmasking machine. Or some struggle/fight scenes where one of these try to stop a villain/villainess from unmasking them. :bmbw:
Ok, enough of my fantasies for now... :hmmm:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Darak
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Thanks for your kind words :)
Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
The only thing that is a problem for me (and others?) is that I don't know the possible moves, the possible correct orders that move the game forward.
So, It's pretty much a guessing game, and not an easy one, especially when english isn't your first language.
Yeah, it's a problem with the genre. Even if you have good English (I don't), sometimes the game won't understand your orders even if they are right for the puzzle, just because the author thought the solution using other words. I try to add as many synonyms as I can, but even then I know how it can easily led to frustration.

With some practice you end up understanding the limitations of the genre and develop a safe vocabulary of words most of those games will understand.

I could give you the full list of words the game understands, but that won't help much, because it is pretty long as many are just synonyms. For example, the game understands PUNCH, BREAK, KICK or ATTACK, but they mostly do the same thing (even when it doesn't make much sense, ATTACK DOOR will usually give you the same answer as BREAK DOOR for example).

I think you can finish both games with just a bunch of verbs:
LOOK
EXAMINE
BREAK
OPEN
UNLOCK
REMOVE
TURN
PUT
GET UP
LEAVE
TYPE
PUSH/PULL

Just a simple verb+noun order is usually enough, but in rare occasions you may need an extra word, like BREAK TABLE WITH BAR or UNLOCK PADLOCK WITH KEY.
Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
-
If you are ever interested in making another game with Batgirl, Catwoman or Batwoman....I would have lots of ideas ;-)
With some villains who wants to unmask either one of them. Perhaps with an unmasking machine. Or some struggle/fight scenes where one of these try to stop a villain/villainess from unmasking them. :bmbw:
Ok, enough of my fantasies for now... :hmmm:
I want to have a fight scene at some point, but having other characters don't work well in text games. The frustration of the game not being able to understand you gets 10 times harder with characters since the amount of things which make sense and you should be able to do or talk with a person is astronomical.

I wouldn't like to use copyrighted characters in my games, but I like to make art where I put your usual heroines in some trouble ;)
Wondergirl216
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hi, I really like this game. Will you tied thunder girl more tighter in the next game ? And I want to see her doing some hopping with her tied legs.
Darak
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Wondergirl216 wrote:
4 years ago
Hi, I really like this game. Will you tied thunder girl more tighter in the next game ? And I want to see her doing some hopping with her tied legs.
Thanks for! It's hard to get tight ropes looking right, but I'll try my best.

The second game has the ropes, but perhaps the camera angle is not helping. I wanted to support multiple cameras (so if you check the ropes in game you could get a close up) but unfortunately it was too much work. I had a test render at some point so I can show you an (unfinished, so some ropes are still floating etc.) example:

I like the idea of hoping around, it may give you some freedom to explore and find things around. The current formula is too strict and it's hard to come up with a good puzzle. I'll keep it in mind, if it fits with the next scene.