Timeless

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Has anyone watched Timeless on Amazon Prime?

Thanks
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I watched the first few episodes when it was on TV. It's based on a book by the same name. But I find that TV shows really dumb this stuff down in order to fit into an episodic format. I gave up after 4-5 shows.

Although, to be fair, I didn't get very far into the book before I gave up, either. :-P
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I am a huge fan of time travel plots and very much enjoyed the series. Having characters interact with historical personalities and notable events was a terrific draw for me and I ended up caring about the characters on the team too. Certainly worthwhile in my book. Plus they even had a two-hour wrap up episode to tie it all together!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The show didn't sugar coat how bad the good old days really were from all the ways you could die including diseases to just how bad it was to be a minority or woman in society. It had its moments.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I liked the cast, but I didn't care for the show much. Felt like I was being lectured, and at the same time their history was pretty spotty in places.

It seemed like the villain could do no wrong, and the heroes were incompetent.

I bailed on the show before the end of the first season.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The show was good but not great. It was cool going back in time, the shows characters having to deal with a time and place that was different than their own. The cast was pretty good as well, especially Abigail Spencer. My biggest complaint with the series is that its mythology got so twisted and complicated that as time went on it seemed to overwhelm the show itself. I would give the series a borderline thumbs up. I as a general rule enjoy the use of storyline mythology on tv series but sometimes it is too much, and sometimes I think the showrunners pay more attention to a shows mythology and lose sight of the ultimate goal of producing an entertaining light hour of fun and adventure. That is what I think happened with Timeless.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

bushwackerbob wrote:
5 years ago
The show was good but not great. It was cool going back in time, the shows characters having to deal with a time and place that was different than their own. The cast was pretty good as well, especially Abigail Spencer. My biggest complaint with the series is that its mythology got so twisted and complicated that as time went on it seemed to overwhelm the show itself. I would give the series a borderline thumbs up. I as a general rule enjoy the use of storyline mythology on tv series but sometimes it is too much, and sometimes I think the showrunners pay more attention to a shows mythology and lose sight of the ultimate goal of producing an entertaining light hour of fun and adventure. That is what I think happened with Timeless.
I agree. I think I enjoyed it a bit more than you, bb, but you're right, they got pretty deep into the characters' soap opera-ish interdependency. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. In this case, it varied by episode and by the writers' skill.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025