Trouble Posting Today?

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Is anyone else having trouble posting on the Superheroine Lounge forum today? I've tried numerous times and I keep getting an error message that says:
This page isn’t working www.superheroineforum.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Blue
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

We just updated to a new PHP version. Were you trying to post or just view the site? I see you were able to make a post for your latest video, which looks good, BTW!
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic wrote:
5 years ago
We just updated to a new PHP version. Were you trying to post or just view the site? I see you were able to make a post for your latest video, which looks good, BTW!
Yes, we posted for our latest, and then tried to update our "Supernova: Dark Nova" thread and received the above error message.

Blue
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I just managed to post there Blue

Are you trying to EDIT and add to you existing post, or post a new post?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
5 years ago
I just managed to post there Blue

Are you trying to EDIT and add to you existing post, or post a new post?
I was trying to do a new post. I will try again tonight in case it was a temporary issue that has resolved itself. Thanks for looking into this matter for me.

Blue
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hi,

I tried again to post, even without pics, in the Supernova Lounge thread, but got the same error message. Then, I tried to start a new thread on the Latest Releases forum, since I am releasing our latest Supernova video tomorrow, and I also got the same error message there. Perhaps, the error is related to my user permissions, etc.? Strange though that I can post on this thread okay.

Blue
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I would guess thats a possibility but you have been able to post here. I'll report your post to the boss just to make him aware you still have it.
My tech know-how is non existent, but I did sacrifice a chicken to placate the gods of the interweb on your behalf. I don't think its worked though. :giggle:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
5 years ago
I would guess thats a possibility but you have been able to post here. I'll report your post to the boss just to make him aware you still have it.
My tech know-how is non existent, but I did sacrifice a chicken to placate the gods of the interweb on your behalf. I don't think its worked though. :giggle:
I did have barbeque chicken for dinner. So, I guess it did help me somewhat! :laugh:

Blue
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Okay! You magicians must have done something, because I was able to post to that Supernova thread a couple of minutes ago!

Thanks for your help!

Blue

(P.S. I bet it was that chicken that did the trick. Wait a second, I suddenly have an overpowering urge to... cluck... cluck... cluck!
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hi,

Okay, more posting problems today with my Latest Releases post, but I did get it posted. How I had to do it was to post in stages:

1. I started the thread just with "Test";
2. When that worked, I tried it with text, and product and trailer links. I got yesterday's error message.
3. When I deleted the trailer link, it took everything else.
4. I was then able to even add the pics.

It appears that the trailer link was the problem, but I don't know why, since I have posted it more than once on my "Supernova 21" Superheroine Lounge thread, and the link still works on those posts.

I tried to add the link to this post and I got yesterday's error message.

Blue
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bluestone wrote:
5 years ago
Hi,

Okay, more posting problems today with my Latest Releases post, but I did get it posted. How I had to do it was to post in stages:

1. I started the thread just with "Test";
2. When that worked, I tried it with text, and product and trailer links. I got yesterday's error message.
3. When I deleted the trailer link, it took everything else.
4. I was then able to even add the pics.

It appears that the trailer link was the problem, but I don't know why, since I have posted it more than once on my "Supernova 21" Superheroine Lounge thread, and the link still works on those posts.

I tried to add the link to this post and I got yesterday's error message.

Blue
OK thanks I will check into that.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I rolled back PHP to an earlier version for now and it works.

What is probably happening is the code that is responsible for converting these links needs to be updated. I will have to check into that later but for now, things will work as they did.
Basically that code will look to see if it's a displayable video (Youtube, Vimeo, Twitter, etc) and if so, it will display it. There's a problem with interpreting your mp4 link and that's why it failed. It has nothing to do with your link but the fact that the link is from a source the code doesn't recognize. Techy shit, I know :)

Anyway, post away! I'll add that to my list of things to fix :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

He says all that but it was the chicken sacrifice that did it really

When in doubt, kill a chicken

Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Thanks, MH.

I really appreciate it! Now, I know that I'm not going crazy, since there was a real reason that I couldn't post. So, my mental health has been confirmed, but I'm not sure about tallyho. Chicken Farmers of America take note! :giggle:

Blue