Supernova: Split Personality reviewed

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Here is my review of the latest Bluestone production, Supernova: Split Personality

Pros
1.) The voice-over intro did a very effective job of setting the scene. I got a particular kick as well out of the early scene of Supernova flying past the smoking ruined buildings searching for Xander. It was different and eye-catching.
2.) I like the steel skull mask on Xander's henchman. Your studio does the best masks.
3.) The fight scenes were really well-done and the acting quite believable by both ladies. They do an excellent job of selling the effects of the punches and physical perils very well.
4.) Your special effects as usual are terrific and really help sell the peril and reality.
5.) The rogue supernova's smile when she says "Then she dies" captured my heart. What a gorgeous face in the middle of a nasty moment! And her figure is also to die for!! In fact, both girls are stunning.
6.) The rogue SN throwing the good SN into a pole, nice shot.
7.) The self-tightening collar is a winner.
8.) I appreciated Xander pulling good SN's escape plan out of her using Wondra's lasso. That was different. Not sure if that was just in the extreme version or not.
9.) Having both girls struggling to live at the same time was wonderful interaction.
10) I don't usually like hero vs hero plotlines but this worked for me.

Cons
1.) I know you can't have Xander killed but it seems that a Supernova gone rogue could have easily snapped his neck when she had him by the throat, right after she says about Dark Wing, "Then she dies!" She had plenty of time, especially when he telegraphs his next move. So, I think you should have him show more distress and a longer scene of the villain's peril, at least to further ingrain further his fear and hate of the heroine.
2.) Rogue Supernova's crushing of the novanite. Loved the concept of her not being affected due to the battle with the mechanoid. Loved the sound effect. Hated the cut to an empty hand with not even a hint of green dust. (Could have used green sparkle flakes or something.) Nitpicking, I know.
3.) Sad to say, I feel that some of your peril elements have become formulaic. I'm not a producer and don't have to answer financially for what people usually love in these videos but it seems there's always a chloroform scene, a (walnuts in the nutcracker) back-crack scene, familiar punch out moves and a strangulation scene in which the heroine's eyes suddenly snap open and she has a hidden reserve of power only to be then subdued again. Oh, and often the shoulder carry and butt pat.
I like those moves as much as the next guy but you should seriously consider expanding your scope. Switch out a couple of belly punches for a kidney punch for example, or maybe a frozen leg ankle-twist or other possible wrestling moves, whatever the actresses feel comfortable learning. Also consider at least a modicum of bruise makeup here and there on the face or leg. Also more hair in disarray would help. It's pretty unbelievable to have a punch out scene and not a mark anywhere and not a lock out of place. I'm not asking for ugly battered look here, mind you, but a little costume and hair and makeup dishelvement would go a long way to selling the reality of the fight scenes.

Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons and this video is well-worth the price of admission, IMHO.

8.5 out of 10

Enjoy it..

:thumbup:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

What do u feel could have been done better for this particular vid? Please share all of your ideas on what the producer could do to improve this vid, my friend. :)
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'