Favorite Type of Supeheroine Outfit - UPDATED with Poll

General discussions about superheroines!

Favorite Type of Superheroine Costume

Skintight Catsuits (ex. Catwoman - Batman Animated Series)
25%
Leotards/One Piece Swimsuit (ex. Wonder Woman, Black Canary)
34%
Long-Sleeve Leotards (ex. Supergirl)
15%
Bikini (ex. Pantha)
8%
Skirts
18%

Total votes: 65
SleepySuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I love catsuits. What do you guys like?

Last edited by SleepySuperheroines 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

drsleepy wrote:
6 years ago
I love catsuits. What do you guys like?
Right there with you, DrSleepy!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thirded.

But I rarelyhave a problem with the high-cut bodysuit, either with tights or without.
hagarb
Sargeant
Sargeant

Catsuits FTW
Hey, check my artworks, featuring Batgirl facing a very brutal villain:https://hborges77.deviantart.com/galler ... or-rematch
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

High-collared leotard, possibly with a boob window or nylon cleavage strip. Worn with tights, opera gloves, stiletto boots, a belt/sash and a spandex cowl.

Ideally, only two colors should feature prominently. To my eye, certain combinations just look right together, such as:
Blue and red*
Pink and grey
Yellow and green
Purple and black*

*Possibly with yellow accessories.

Boots and gloves should always match.

Strangely enough, I was thinking of starting a costume design thread with visuals of all the elements that push my buttons. I'll post the concept/design of my ideal heroine on a separate thread, rather than hijack this one with my nonsense.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
SleepySuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:
6 years ago
High-collared leotard, possibly with a boob window or nylon cleavage strip. Worn with tights, opera gloves, stiletto boots, a belt/sash and a spandex cowl.

Ideally, only two colors should feature prominently. To my eye, certain combinations just look right together, such as:
Blue and red*
Pink and grey
Yellow and green
Purple and black*

*Possibly with yellow accessories.

Boots and gloves should always match.

Strangely enough, I was thinking of starting a costume design thread with visuals of all the elements that push my buttons. I'll post the concept/design of my ideal heroine on a separate thread, rather than hijack this one with my nonsense.
Feel free to hijack the thread. I'm interested in seeing those designs.
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I prefer high cut thong leotard, with barelegs if possible :cool:
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 9170 times
Night_Lantern
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Always liked the Psylocke suit.
6C091378-B537-4C8F-AB83-3D21B497CD74.jpeg
6C091378-B537-4C8F-AB83-3D21B497CD74.jpeg (162.02 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Skintight. High cut leotard. CFM boots. Thigh straps. Opera gloves. Boob window. What else can you ask for?
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Long sleeve leotard and colored tights.

I like catsuits too, but prefer leotards and tights

Not a big fan of skirts or two-piece costumes with crop tops.
Basically the old Electra Woman and Dyna Girl or Batgirl or Spiderwoman.
ultragirl_22
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

long sleeve high cut leotard, short cape and thigh high boots :yes:
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Catsuits!!! I wear them everywhere!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Night_Lantern wrote:
6 years ago
Always liked the Psylocke suit.

Skintight. High cut leotard. CFM boots. Thigh straps. Opera gloves. Boob window. What else can you ask for?
Have to say...I agree. that Psylocke costume is probably the best superheroine outfit in any movie or TV show ever (with Lynda WW, Yvonne Batgirl, Michelle Black Scorpion, and Uma Poison Ivy closing out the Top Five, of course). It's amazing how well they succeeded in translating the costume from the actual comics. The only compromise, really, was the rubber brassiere they put over her torso, and that was probably mainly just to cover the nipples which would probably stiffen just from the cold.. Kudos to the designer, and hats off to Olivia Munn for wearing it so amazingly. Too bad she didn't get to show it off a bit more in X-Men: Apocalypse, but we'll take what we can get. I can't imagine any other Marvel or DC costume is going to look that incredible in the near future (although Mera's in Justice League could definitely make my new top ten).

Catsuits are great, though. I have approximately twenty of them at this point. You can alter them by sewing symbols to them, spray painting them, adding accessories (cape, gloves, belt, armbands, choker, etc) to make them look unique. I've got a cheetah catsuit that we're adding all sorts of elements to, for Episode 9's heroine to be filmed later this month.

Our catsuits from episode 8 (one is an accessorized Kitty Pryde, the other is a spraypainted Catwoman).
_MG_8277.JPG
_MG_8277.JPG (5.68 MiB) Viewed 9088 times
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

high cut leotards with nylons and boots. (plus short torso and long legged heroines)
Attachments
Image7.jpg
Image7.jpg (33 KiB) Viewed 9027 times
Image11.jpg
Image11.jpg (25 KiB) Viewed 9027 times
Image14.jpg
Image14.jpg (24 KiB) Viewed 9027 times
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

drsleepy wrote:
6 years ago

Feel free to hijack the thread. I'm interested in seeing those designs.
Okay, here's my concept for a cat-themed heroine. Using the indisputable science of an empirical "That definitely turns me on!", I've compiled a list of the elements I would use in the design of the ultimate superheroine costume.

I won't bother with a Frankenstein photomanip of the elements cobbled together. Badly. (And my attempt to draw it would probably resemble something scrawled on a cell wall in Bedlam.) So I'll just post pics of the individual elements with some color manipulation.

Cowl
A Royal Blue spandex Batgirl/Catwoman-style cowl with full coverage of the neck and a ponytail hole at the back. The darker face panel is in Presidential Blue. I prefer this fabric to the more rigid cowls, as it loses its shape/integrity when a villain pulls at it and peels it away from the heroine's face.

Leotard
A Royal Blue high-collared and long-sleeved leotard with a boob window cut out. Worn with or without a matching corset. Also with or without a tan nylon top visible through the boob window. (Both of which could make it hellishly uncomfortable on a hot day, though.) The collar of the leotard should have a slight overlap with the bottom of the cowl, so the join isn't obvious until it's time to peel the heroine.
Attachments
Cowl.jpg
Cowl.jpg (143.18 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
Leotard.jpg
Leotard.jpg (616.47 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Gloves
Long, satin opera gloves in Scarlet. These always give heroines a touch of class.

Sash
Also in Scarlet satin. Ideally hanging down as far as the boot tops, rather than trailing along the ground.

Tights
Peavey High Gloss Tan tights/pantyhose. They just do it for me every time. I don't know why.

Boots
Scarlet stiletto calf-length boots with pointed tips. Probably totally impractical footwear for crimefighting, but I love how feminine these look.
Attachments
Gloves.jpg
Gloves.jpg (84.02 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
Sash.jpg
Sash.jpg (209.82 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
Tights and Boots.jpg
Tights and Boots.jpg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
Damselbinder

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but minidresses. Back in the day, Marvel Girl always set my heart a flutter. I just can't get over the femininity and grace of a high hemline fluttering a the tops of a pair of long and lovely legs.

Naturally, when it came time to design my own OC, I couldn't resist putting her in a dress!
EG Ocelot.jpg
EG Ocelot.jpg (528.1 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Not 'catsuits' precisely? (Or maybe it's the same thing) but I prefer a full bodysuit thing like Batgirl/Captain Marvel etc. For me it's all in the design of the outfit, and the more outfit there is the more design flair there can be.
Villain
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Shiny Catsuits footed without boots and with mask. Like the Newphx videos often had. And hypnoticsworld had back in the early days for that matter. Those were great!
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

high cut leotard + cleavage

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Damselbinder wrote:
6 years ago
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but minidresses. Back in the day, Marvel Girl always set my heart a flutter. I just can't get over the femininity and grace of a high hemline fluttering a the tops of a pair of long and lovely legs.

Naturally, when it came time to design my own OC, I couldn't resist putting her in a dress!

EG Ocelot.jpg
i'm with you here. SG, Mary Marvel, Isis and She-Ra top my list.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

if i had just one choice it would be spandex unitard/catsuit! fist choice every time without exception.

but a spandex thong leotard AND hose is the only other one on the list, everything else is so far down the list coalminers wont see find them
SleepySuperheroines
Producer
Producer

So far it seems like catsuits and then thong leotards. Those would be my choices too.
LtStrange
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Shiny stuff. Catsuit high cut leotards mmm. Also like much of the costumes that Giga uses with mix of spandex and boy armor. Just a pity that the videos from Giga are pixel.
mangog3000
Elder Member
Elder Member

I like bikini-style or thong outfits the best. The skimpier, the better!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I have to say that Bondagecafe has the best outfits. O-girl and Nylonika are just over the top and down the other side for costumes. The Nylonika bodystocking is amazing with the corset and boots. Jim always goes the extra mile with the looks of the models. It helps that he is also a big fan of ye' olde deathtrap.

The Gigaheroines are also usually really nicely decked out. What they do really well is they have the girls in some amazing costumes, but importantly they don't have them teetering around on the tops of stillettos that are taller than they are. This does great things for their action sequences. I like the variety of designs of their costuming, mixing sailor soldier, leotards and catsuits into the mix and then doing some nasty things...

Leotards and catsuits are a little plain for my tastes, I like when they are accessorized with other things. Lets face it, Batgirl wouldn't be the same without her utility belt slung jauntily on her hips or O-girl's corset. PVC leggings or thigh high boots and opera gloves are always appreciated.....

The current Gal Godot WW shows what can be done with a very short skirt..... wouldn't mind seeing her find her way into a few '60s bat-traps.
KennyLoggins
Sargeant
Sargeant

Is this real or photoshop ? I never had seen O-Girl in a blue uniform before.

And who's the girl in this red costume ?

Bert

Check out the "Overlooked (maybe) Classics" topic further down the Lounge page for info on the Heroine in the red costume.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

KennyLoggins wrote:
6 years ago

I think its just the lighting/a visual trick of the photo. Yvonne Craigs purplesuit sometimes looked the same bluish hue.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Screenshot_2017-07-22-16-12-14-1.png
Screenshot_2017-07-22-16-12-14-1.png (632.58 KiB) Viewed 8422 times
Screenshot_2017-07-09-12-40-36.png
Screenshot_2017-07-09-12-40-36.png (628.49 KiB) Viewed 8422 times
Screenshot_2017-07-09-12-40-05.png
Screenshot_2017-07-09-12-40-05.png (669.4 KiB) Viewed 8422 times

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I love the Imperia costume (and it doesnt hurt being on someone like GG Allens who really feels like the kinda of heroine who would beat the fuck out any villain she came across)

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^^That's Australians for you. :giggle: ;) :whistle:

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago

I think its just the lighting/a visual trick of the photo. Yvonne Craigs purplesuit sometimes looked the same bluish hue.
I swapped the colors from RGB to GRB, giving O-Girl green skin and a blue costume. Then I used a Chroma Key (green screen) effect to make the greens in the altered image transparent and overlaid the blue costume onto the original.

This manipulated pic of Batgirl shows the steps of the process.
Attachments
Blue Yvonne.jpg
Blue Yvonne.jpg (253.99 KiB) Viewed 8382 times
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^^He's a WITCH! BURN HIM!!!!!!

shevek
Producer
Producer

So this particular heroine I think was called Excelsia from a TBFE video (or something like that).
But I always loved this costume and I've seen various versions of it elsewhere, such as in photos of Mandy and Raven Steele.

To me, it's very clear where this costume is originally from: Penthouse Comix's supersexy Jewish bombshell Emily Feldman, aka Hericane!
If I had to go down the line proclaiming one of the sexiest costumes of all time, that would be it.
Where these folks procured this costume from, I have no idea but apparently it's out there.
hericane.png
hericane.png (335.02 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
471715-hericane_adam_hughes07.jpg
471715-hericane_adam_hughes07.jpg (99.61 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
steele2.JPG
steele2.JPG (303.73 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
KennyLoggins wrote:
6 years ago

Love it, but it kind of looks photo shopped. I've never seen O-Girl in those boots (they are so much better than her stiletto booties).
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Personally, I've got a thing for thong leotards and pantyhose (specifically dark ones. I think black pantyhose are really sexy).

Particularly something like this:
Leotard.jpg
Leotard.jpg (60.65 KiB) Viewed 8228 times
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Doctor Outcome wrote:
6 years ago
Personally, I've got a thing for thong leotards and pantyhose (specifically dark ones. I think black pantyhose are really sexy).

Leotard.jpg
Okay, that is pretty hot.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

DonShip wrote:
6 years ago
Doctor Outcome wrote:
6 years ago

Leotard.jpg
Sho (sure) you right, DonShip! :)

Did you have a favorite kind of outfit that you'd like to see on someone?
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Doctor Outcome wrote:
6 years ago
DonShip wrote:
6 years ago
Doctor Outcome wrote:
6 years ago

Leotard.jpg

I am rather partial to the cut of Wonder Woman's costume: Bustier and boots (though I prefer thigh boots).
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

DonShip wrote:
6 years ago
Doctor Outcome wrote:
6 years ago
DonShip wrote:
6 years ago
Doctor Outcome wrote:
6 years ago

Leotard.jpg

I am rather partial to the cut of Wonder Woman's costume: Bustier and boots (though I prefer thigh boots).
Sounds hot! I love it. :love:
Anonon
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Any decent costume design thingies lying around that people like? There's this

http://www.dolldivine.com/x-girl.php

Champions Online is a free MMO that you can download and use as a costume builder. There's also a standalone character creator for (the no longer running) City of Heroes called Titan Icon that I can't actually verify the existence of.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

I'll give almost anything a chance if the girl inside is hot enough, but right now the '66 Batgirl costume - and all its descendants - is the heavy favorite. No offense to Wonder Woman and her legions of fans, but when it comes to superheroine costumes I've always prioritized tight over skimpy. There's just a delicious irony in a heroine who's technically covered up as well as a nun (if not better - don't see a whole lot of nuns going around in masks, do ya?) and yet practically naked.

That said, I'm not too hot on straight-up catsuits, or other outfits that literally look like a single piece of fabric. I like the separate elements - boots, gloves, cape, mask, etc. - to be made clear, even if it's just a slight difference in color. Makes it easier to fantasize about them stripping (or getting stripped) one shameful piece at a time, rather than all at once.

I used to be a stickler about BG's costume being as close to the '66 original as possible, but I've since come to think the version from Christina Carter's "Breakout" movie is the ideal (I understand it's been used by several other producers, too?). Maintains the spirit of the original to a T, while dividing the catsuit into a separate leotard and tights a la ElectraWoman and Dynagirl... what's not to love?
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Anonon wrote:
6 years ago
Any decent costume design thingies lying around that people like? There's this

http://www.dolldivine.com/x-girl.php

Champions Online is a free MMO that you can download and use as a costume builder. There's also a standalone character creator for (the no longer running) City of Heroes called Titan Icon that I can't actually verify the existence of.
I have used Champions Online to design several costumes for custom videos. :)
Never seen this one, before, I will check out that link. :)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like leather and rubber on a costume so I really love the Batgirl outfits from Birds of Prey (TV-series) and

Batman and Robin

I prefer the Costume that Dina Meyer had on her in Birds of Prey.
Really great!
What both didn't had:
A good mask....

Eye masks are uncool (for me) and the cowl from Dina had no "link" to her costume or at least a chin strap..... :confused:
The cowl needs to be secured. I hate these easy unmaskings.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Anonon
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Small update, I got Titan Icon running. Short review: It's decent, but has its limits.

The download for windows is here and the mac download is here. Just follow the links and run the installer. Everything after the character creator is a bit broken since it's based on a now dead MMO with no servers running, but the character creator is what we're after anyway.
rogeer007
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

For me, it's latex, latex and more latex !

I prefer the catsuit but if the costume is something like O-Girl, I have no problem with that !

If the Superheroine costume is not made of any kind of shiny materials, I'm usually not interested in buying the video.
Anonon
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

ImageImage

Couple of City of Heroes designs I did just now in Titan Icon. Like I said, it's ok, dated but a bunch of options in there.
wwlover2
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

bottom: low-rise, thong-back, star-spangled, shiny.
top: strapless, bodice type.
eg: valor 1 and 2 played by dani g., produced by mr. hero.
stationk
Henchman
Henchman

Anonon wrote:
6 years ago
ImageImage

Couple of City of Heroes designs I did just now in Titan Icon. Like I said, it's ok, dated but a bunch of options in there.
Titan Icon ? whats that ?
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Disciple wrote:
6 years ago
I'll give almost anything a chance if the girl inside is hot enough, but right now the '66 Batgirl costume - and all its descendants - is the heavy favorite. No offense to Wonder Woman and her legions of fans, but when it comes to superheroine costumes I've always prioritized tight over skimpy. There's just a delicious irony in a heroine who's technically covered up as well as a nun (if not better - don't see a whole lot of nuns going around in masks, do ya?) and yet practically naked.

That said, I'm not too hot on straight-up catsuits, or other outfits that literally look like a single piece of fabric. I like the separate elements - boots, gloves, cape, mask, etc. - to be made clear, even if it's just a slight difference in color. Makes it easier to fantasize about them stripping (or getting stripped) one shameful piece at a time, rather than all at once.

I used to be a stickler about BG's costume being as close to the '66 original as possible, but I've since come to think the version from Christina Carter's "Breakout" movie is the ideal (I understand it's been used by several other producers, too?). Maintains the spirit of the original to a T, while dividing the catsuit into a separate leotard and tights a la ElectraWoman and Dynagirl... what's not to love?

I agree 100 percent with this.