Patriotika comic kickstarter (Mount Olympus)

shevek
Producer
Producer

Cara Nicole Trujillo, aka AZPowergirl (one of the best and sexiest cosplayers) tweeted about this new comic from a company called Mount Olympus,
owned by Phoenix AZ writer/creator Ron Z.

The company seems to be based around body growth/muscle growth comics (from what I can see of their characters) but instead of being satisfied
with that tiny fetish niche, they seem to want to push into the mainstream and tell real stories.

The first heroine, Patriotika, seems to be a combination of Wonder Woman, Power Girl and She-Hulk, although the costume itself seems reminiscent
of Superheroine Central's American Fox. Wonder Woman because she gets her powers from merging with the spirit of the goddess Athena (good thing Greek mythology isn't copyrighted, eh?). Power Girl because of her blonde hair, buxom breast-window and voluptuous body. And She-Hulk because of the explosive muscle growth that takes place when college girl Erin transforms into Patriotika. Not only does she have the usual super-strength and flight powers, etc., but she also has the ability to "power up" other people (turning them into her allies), which could portend a lot of great muscle growth scenes. All of this, combined with an exciting story, makes this look very sexy indeed - in fact, one of the hottest new concepts to come around in a while.

I guess the only issue I have with this story and concept is that it doesn't seem to know what it wants to really be: 1) muscle growth comic or 2) voluptuous superheroine (closer to the SHIP community style). Because you see the obvious muscle growth, but then you also see the sexy depiction of Patriotika and although she's very alluring and desirable, all those muscles seem to have vanished. So is the muscular version some kind of intermediary form? I hope these questions will be answered when the comic comes out.

It looks like the whole thing about printing the book depends on a Kickstarter, and although I know some people are wary of contributing to these things, it seems fairly solid and it looks it's already funded, so you wouldn't feel the need to contribute a lot, maybe just $15 to get yourself a copy of #1 shipped to your door. One of the "stretch goal" premiums that is being worked on is AZPowergirl portraying Patriotika in a cosplay photo shoot, and that is something I'd love to see very much and I hope you would, too. So if what you see on the Kickstarter page intrigues you, maybe take a look at it, no pressure.

Mount Olympus also has other heroines coming down the pike (you can see art examples on their DeviantArt page http://mountolympuscomics.deviantart.com) such as Collateral Dee, who grows to incredible size with a stimulation of electricity (so she is like Giganta or Elasti Girl) and the Valkyries, a group of college girls who become mighty warrior maidens to save the Earth.
patriotikagrows.jpg
patriotikagrows.jpg (276 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
patriotika1.jpg
patriotika1.jpg (190.54 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
patriotika2.png
patriotika2.png (901.75 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
patriotika3.jpg
patriotika3.jpg (209.17 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
patriotikadoll.jpg
patriotikadoll.jpg (101.39 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

So..I got a personal reply from Ron Z, creator of Patriotika, regarding the incongruous way that Erin blows up to become super-muscular, yet Patriotika is pleasantly voluptuous and not superbuff.

"To answer your question about her appearance which won't be addressed until the second issue, there is Athena's body shape which is very large and muscular, Erin's shape which is small and petite and Patriotika who is inbetween/curvier because of her being in the middle of their size. The size of Patriotika can range between the two depending how much of Athena's power she is allowing Erin to use. I can tell you more but I prefer not to give too many spoilers."

Very nice of Ron to take the time. I am of the opinion that people should support this comic!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Yet another update on the Patriotika kickstarter: apparently it is going gangbusters and all sorts of extra incentives have kicked in, including the Cara Nicole (AZ Powergirl) photo spread for those who contributed a certain amount. I can't wait to receive my physical copy of this book!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Another Patriotika update:

I don't know if anyone's been paying attention for the past month, but various comic critics on Youtube who have voiced the by-now-familiar criticisms of Marvel have been hailing the Patriotika comic as one of the saviors of the old-school comic book style. Ron Z has raised many thousands beyond his kickstarter goal and is apparently offering all kinds of extra incentives to backers.

"Will Patriotika have modern politics?
No. Patriotika will have fictional politics that are not influenced by current events. The comic is much more about fun, action and adventure than politics. I prefer Mount Olympus Comics to be an escape from reality." - Ron Z
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This Patriotika comic sounds like it will be a very entertaining development, the transformations are sure to be spectacular as Erin's body changes size into the beautiful Patriotika wearing her gorgeous designed costume. She will look awesome standing bold in a power pose being a mixture of famous superheroine legends. I also would rather exciting storylines that have fun and action with adventure than politics in comics and in all forms of superheroine entertainment. A cosplay photo shoot of AZPowergirl portraying Patriotika would be totally fantastic to see and it would definitely get more superheroine fans interested in the Patriotika.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Part time college girl...part time goddess Heroine....plus a blonde...I LOVE it!! Hopefully as Erin she always smells like cotton candy bath and body works...then when she muscles ups it also does and overpowers her enemies like some ancient aphrodisiac!! I buy only a few comics ut I would add this to my box for sure!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Glad to see we're all on the same page Batgirl1969!
And yes Wondergirlsupragirl...the AZPowergirl goal was met by the Kickstarter long ago, so as long as Ron Z holds to his promises you will definitely see her cosplaying as Patriotika.

AZPowergirl (Cara Nicole Trujillo) has only ever acted in one actual superheroine video: Project Superwoman's Ultima Power of Evil from several years ago, but she did a really good acting job in that. I've always said that SHIP producers should contact her - she might not do anything directly sexual but she definitely has no problem acting very sexy. A video series starring her as Patriotika, and some smaller blonde girl as Erin (where they transform back and forth, like Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno did in the Hulk TV show), would be fantastic.

Well, anyway, one step at a time..if I get that comic in the mail at some point, we know this stuff is for real!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Some gorgeous variant covers:
elias_chatzoudis_patriotika_bikini_variant_by_mountolympuscomics-dblrbk4.jpg
elias_chatzoudis_patriotika_bikini_variant_by_mountolympuscomics-dblrbk4.jpg (153.48 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
elias_chatzoudis_patriotika_by_mountolympuscomics-dblrb2y.jpg
elias_chatzoudis_patriotika_by_mountolympuscomics-dblrb2y.jpg (170.35 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
mike_krome_variant_cover_by_mountolympuscomics-dblratu.jpg
mike_krome_variant_cover_by_mountolympuscomics-dblratu.jpg (197.8 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Just filled out the form to get Patriotika #1 shipped! Can't wait to get this.

How many others on this forum pledged to get this sexy comic and maybe some additional goodies? Speak up proudly if you have!

Also putting mouth where money is:

And finally, folks, here is AZPowergirl as Patriotika. Stunning!!
Patriotika_EXAMPLE_large.jpg
Patriotika_EXAMPLE_large.jpg (90.61 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

shevek wrote:
6 years ago
Just filled out the form to get Patriotika #1 shipped! Can't wait to get this.

How many others on this forum pledged to get this sexy comic and maybe some additional goodies? Speak up proudly if you have!

Also putting mouth where money is:

And finally, folks, here is AZPowergirl as Patriotika. Stunning!!
Patriotika_EXAMPLE_large.jpg
she NAILED it! :thumbup:
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wow she looks nothing short of fantastic! This could be the beginning of a new superheroine legend! :yahoo:
shevek
Producer
Producer

She does. Once again (I've said this several times) from what little I've seen, AZPowergirl is a good actress, lots of charisma and powerful sexy attitude. If she were to act in a live version of Patriotika, it would be fantastic. Of course I'm sure Ron Zabala is far too busy with the comic book alone to take on a full live video project, but imagine if she were to act in just a small video short that would promote the comic..it would get tons of Youtube view that could generate interest in the comic's sales. I will suggest that to Ron.

Anyway, once again, once I see the physical comic in my hands and enjoy it, I'll be happy to pass on the good news to the forum. Did anyone else on here order one or otherwise support the kickstarter?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Yesterday I got the Patriotika comic and a lot of extra swag in the mail. Ron Zabala and Mount Olympus Comics are for real!
Best inclusion are the hot photos of AZPowergirl (Cara Nicole Trujillo). Here's what the stuff in the package looks like:
patriotikaswag.jpg
patriotikaswag.jpg (77.14 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
patriotikswag2.jpg
patriotikswag2.jpg (82.02 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Since I last posted about Patriotika, she and her creator Ron Z have gone through three issues (I'm currently waiting for Patriotika #3 to be delivered to my door).

But as of tomorrow he's launching a new Kickstarter campaign for a new book called Patriotika United #1 which introduces a new sexy red-haired character named Arcane (not clear if she's a heroine or a villain yet), and places Patriotika in danger in a prehistoric jungle, severely underpowered and with a ripped costume that would even make Adam Warren (Empowered) concerned. And there seem to be a lot of perks to the campaign with variant covers, new cosplayers portraying the character, and a bunch of topless representations of both Patriotika and Arcane.

I don't understand why the anti-objectification brigade has left Ron Z alone (maybe they haven't, but I haven't heard a peep about it), but I'm certainly glad they did. Patriotika is one of the pinnacles of powerful sexiness in modern comics and hits a lot of the preferences that people enjoy on this forum, plus it's part of a consistent enjoyable universe that Ron Z has created overall at Mount Olympus Comics with other characters like Valkyrie.

Kickstarter launches tomorrow, so support Patriotika early and often!
(Sorry, the link apparently isn't live yet - it's just a draft until tomorrow - so I'll post the link when it goes up).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Patriotika United Kickstarter is live, has been funded almost TEN times over the goal, and still has 17 days left.
The story looks like it's going to be great, complete with a couple pages of ripped costume.

In the meantime, I got Patriotika #2 and #3 in the mail safely and securely, with all the attendant swag.
Issue #3 also introduces the giantess character, Collateral Dee.

Here's the complete haul. Support this book!
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG (7 MiB) Viewed 1787 times