Supergirl Season Finale : New Law of Panties

General discussions about superheroines!
JennyFromTheBlock
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Ok, so just an observation here. But for all the intense fighting and knock-around scenes, I find it very interesting that there are ZERO shots of any upskirt panty shots. I mean this girl gets knocked all over the place and due to some creative editing, lighting, angles etc there is no hint of anything sexy. Just interesting in that they did not used to be afraid of this. Clearly now the editors have some direction to NOT show anything under that skirt.
shevek
Producer
Producer

It's the New Puritanism of the Woke Generation. This is another "Red/Green/Brown Alliance" topic where the philosophies of the far left, the far right, and Islam all intersect: everyone's either chaste and demure (the dark jacket disease) or "degenderfied" (women with purple mohawks or shaved heads, like Tank Girl or Negasonic Teenage Warhead) to absolutely avoid objectification at all times. What's funny is that it also seems like the New Chivalry, as male feminist whiteknight writers/artists also fall all over themselves to comply with this zeitgeist, making sure at all times that the terrible, lustful Male Gaze (never mind the lesbian gaze...somehow that lust is OK?) cannot stick, chasing away those creators whom they label "outdated", such as (e.g.) Frank Cho who draws The Wasp's enormous butt.

We can defeat this agenda by simply taking the time to *imagine* Supergirl as sexy, and expressing it in public forums as often as possible. Make your voice heard! It's not hard to imagine: she is very beautiful, she is encased in a fairly tight costume with tights and lovely boots, and we see her in situations where she is writhing in peril or expressing her love for Mon-El as a sexual being. The fanfic writes itself!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes it does seem that things have gotten more prudish, not less.
Valik10
Producer
Producer

Come on seriously? If youre watching Supergirl to see fetish type upskirt shots then youre bound to be unhappy. Just be happy there is actually something on that shows the shows powerful female character at least taking some lumps. Continue to hope for fetish video shots,continue to be let down
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Valik10 wrote:Come on seriously? If youre watching Supergirl to see fetish type upskirt shots then youre bound to be unhappy. Just be happy there is actually something on that shows the shows powerful female character at least taking some lumps. Continue to hope for fetish video shots,continue to be let down
True. The show has got 50 shades of beating written all over it.
Night_Lantern
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I'm with Valik10. I watch the show for the story/action first and the sexy costume second. Wasn't always that way back in the uncertain days of Season 1 but the show has made me a believer this year.

And is it frustrating as a heterosexual male viewer that we don't see more of Melissa's body compared with the male characters on the show or female characters on other CW series of the past (looking at you Smallville and Vampire Diaries)? Of course it is. Part of me always starts a new episode secretly hoping this will be the one we see her in bondage or nearly naked in the bedroom (or both- a guy can dream right?) However, seeing up her skirt is not a dealbreaker for me. That's what I come to forums like this one for.

Right now, I'm just loving that we have a powerful sexy superheroine on mainstream TV. Long live Supergirl!
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The pilot episode showed the most of Melissa's body with the various possible costumes.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

I find their attention to detail in denying pervs upskirt shots amusing.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No panties no ratings :)
killorson
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

People still actually watch this garbage? I love Supergirl, but that show is puerile far left identity politics (aka bigoted tribalism). They care more about kissing the democrat party's behind and solidifying their wealthy, Hollywood bonafides than telling a good Supergirl story. Unfortunately decent Supergirl representations died out more than a decade ago. SJW politics ruined comic books just as it ruined ESPN.
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

Oh Killorson I could read your ravings all day...I want to set them to music and see how they do at "Open Mike Night". Tell me again how a lack of close up shots of Melissa Benoist's leotard bottoms are a function of reverse discrimination against white men.....
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

"Tell me you're still a Democrat." - Cat Grant to the President after finding out that she's an alien.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Again no panties no ratings.................the show can go away now.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

When they do fights the slug fests are really good. That is one big strong part of the show. And they don't Mary Sue her, she does lose.

One thing I have noticed is they don't put Supergirl in the same moral dilemmas they do with Flash and Arrow. No haunting mistakes. No making really bad choices that she has to correct or live with.
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

Some "bonus" material from the season 3 finale of SG for recreational purposes.

Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
7 years ago
When they do fights the slug fests are really good. That is one big strong part of the show. And they don't Mary Sue her, she does lose.

One thing I have noticed is they don't put Supergirl in the same moral dilemmas they do with Flash and Arrow. No haunting mistakes. No making really bad choices that she has to correct or live with.
Well that's to do with the branding a bit isn't it? I mean 'Superman' doesn't have moral dilemmas either really, and when he does it generally turns the piece to garbage (Man of Steel/BvS/etc.) DC's got a space for those things with the Bat family, Gotham and the seedier street level supers, but the whole Superman/kryptonian dynamic has proven to work better as a power fantasy about being a better human being, not dredging up how imperfect everyone is.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

We watched last nights episode in costume...I wore my catsuit and my girlfriend wore her supergirl...it was an amazing episode last night, witches from Krypton!!!! We are so in love with this show(& Melissa!!)
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

HeroineTard wrote:
6 years ago
Some "bonus" material from the season 3 finale of SG for recreational purposes.

Thanks for those awesome pics! The panties are back at least for this episode :yahoo:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
6 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
7 years ago

Well that's to do with the branding a bit isn't it? I mean 'Superman' doesn't have moral dilemmas either really, and when he does it generally turns the piece to garbage (Man of Steel/BvS/etc.) DC's got a space for those things with the Bat family, Gotham and the seedier street level supers, but the whole Superman/kryptonian dynamic has proven to work better as a power fantasy about being a better human being, not dredging up how imperfect everyone is.
Those are movies not a TV series. And the Lois and Clark series was more popcorn nonsense than anything. CW does do the moral issues with Arrow and Flash. SG just lacks these.
JennyFromTheBlock
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

These pics of Melissa Benoist look really good. Near the end of season 3 though her face is a little puffier and her legs are getting thicker. I am NOT fat shaming or saying she is overweight at all. I am just pointing out that she has some changes going on.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

JennyFromTheBlock wrote:
6 years ago
These pics of Melissa Benoist look really good. Near the end of season 3 though her face is a little puffier and her legs are getting thicker. I am NOT fat shaming or saying she is overweight at all. I am just pointing out that she has some changes going on.
I doubt it's changes per se. Looks to me like it's just the position she's taken in these photos, a half-squat which would lend muscle flex to the legs making them appear a bit heavier, and could also affect her face with the way her chin is set here. I'm sure she's still perfect. LOL.

Glad to see that she's switching things up for her summer and taking that role in the Carole King musical on Broadway, "Beautiful."
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
KennyLoggins
Sargeant
Sargeant

We need more sun lights coming from below, no wonder if she is usually so sexuality frustrated.

The guys from the lights department should be fired.
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

JennyFromTheBlock wrote:
6 years ago
Keep in mind that this is not an official promo shot. It was taken as Melissa was mid jump/landing.
Basically they do this sort of thing whenever SG has to do a superhero landing from flight. They CG in the beginning and cut to the footage of her hopping to a landing position. It's probably because of the momentum that her cheeks and legs appear a little larger.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^^ You mean its not hair lacquer thats keeping her locks in that position?! :laugh:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

SG isn't up to the quantity of hair spray Dan Rather used to withstand gale force winds in Malta back in the 1980s. :)
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I'm sure the last thing that Greg Berlanti (or Melissa Benoist) want to discuss at a production meeting is about how the amount of panty shots by Supergirl is down from previous seasons and how they need to correct this matter immediately or risk losing a key demographic; The irritable 41-65 year old nerd pervert/pessimist panty-peeking demographic. BUT, if you feel that strongly, you should start an online petition and let them know how you feel.

I would be willing to guess that if they were to lose that demographic the show would still be fine.
Completely untouched.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Shakeshift wrote:
6 years ago
I'm sure the last thing that Greg Berlanti (or Melissa Benoist) want to discuss at a production meeting is about how the amount of panty shots by Supergirl is down from previous seasons and how they need to correct this matter immediately or risk losing a key demographic; The irritable 41-65 year old nerd pervert/pessimist panty-peeking demographic. BUT, if you feel that strongly, you should start an online petition and let them know how you feel.

I would be willing to guess that if they were to lose that demographic the show would still be fine.
Completely untouched.
Get off my Lawn!
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Personally, I wish they'd lose that giant ugly cape BUT it helps hide the harness they use for the flight sequences so.... it stays, unfortunately.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It looks less like panties and more like the bottom of her leotard costume. That makes more of a cover up than what Lynda Carter wore. The only two piece costume was in the pilot.
Night_Lantern
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Shakeshift wrote:
6 years ago

Completely untouched.
Shakeshift wrote:
6 years ago
Personally, I wish they'd lose that giant ugly cape BUT it helps hide the harness they use for the flight sequences so.... it stays, unfortunately.
Hear hear! Though I’m quite partial to capes on heroines myself. Just wish it was a bit shorter so we could see that shapely butt of hers some more hehe. ;)